Hiring Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiring Update

Unregistered

Hiring Update

Can anyone give some ideas on how fast the hiring and training of the new security officers is going? I work for a city that’s assigning us to schools but will not communicate any information to us. They most likely don’t have a clue, so we’re hoping someone there might know a realistic duration of this assignment. Thank you.

Unregistered
    I believe the 1st class of recruits starts in a week or two. Almost 200 officers have to be hired so they are trying to move quickly.

Unregistered
    What's the starting pay?

Unregistered
    The 1st class of recruits graduated Thursday and started in their schools on Friday. I don't know how many there were or when the next class graduates. The training is about 2 months long so it takes a little while from start to finish.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    what's the starting pay?
    $17.42 - 19.77 d.o.e.

Unregistered
    Any of the Hillsborough School Officers have any imput on this position. Their website is extremely vague re information on the job or benefits. Is it mostly a M-F day job or is it 24/7. Is is a good job for retired law enforcement officers. The pay isn’t that great but if it was a good work schedule it’s something that interests me. Thank you

Unregistered
    The schedule depends on the Officer’s assignment. Some officers work m-f at a school, some officers work at school board buildings, and some officers are on patrol. Patrol is obviously 24/7 which breaks down into a patrol officer working 4 10 hour shifts. Benefits are decent. The job is very good for retired Leo’s. There is a lot of retired leos and military.

Unregistered
    I applied about a month ago for the position, I haven’t heard anything back. I believe I applied correct although the site appeared more geared towards teachers and administrators. One thing I didn’t do was include my college transcripts, I graduated 35 years ago, I was hoping my 30 years in local and federal law enforcement would have at least gotten me an interview. Maybe there is more competition for a job that pays less than $20 an hour than I expected.

Unregistered
    You are coming in on the back end of the hiring spree. I don’t know if you live in Florida or not, but last year the governor passed a bill requiring a officer in every school. Prior to the hiring spree it took people six months to a year to get hired. So beings you are applying late, it will probably take some time to hear something back.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are coming in on the back end of the hiring spree. I don’t know if you live in Florida or not, but last year the governor passed a bill requiring a officer in every school. Prior to the hiring spree it took people six months to a year to get hired. So beings you are applying late, it will probably take some time to hear something back.
    Thank you for the update. And yes, I now live in Hillsborough County.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast