Hire question - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hire question

Unregistered
    I agree...leadership is a joke...no loyalty. Its time for the top cop to go.

Unregistered
    What does your agency do during hurricane crisis? Are members deployed throughout the state and if so, is it overtime?

Unregistered
    Any proactive and or community policing?

Unregistered
    LOL, you must be kidding

Unregistered
    No community policing, it's all about making your quota.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any proactive and or community policing?
    Those are not roles for investigators. Street cops do police work. We are not street cops.

Unregistered

Any openings in West Central region?

Hi, I have 20+ years in law enforcement with a BA degree, and over 10 years in investigative experience. I'm looking to retire soon and I've been checking the DIF website in hopes of seeing an opening on the West Central region. Does anyone know if there will be any openings soon and if I can submit my resume prior to any openings being posted, and if so can the agency hire you without there being an opening posted. Also, can I pass by the the Tampa or St. Petersburg field office and maybe speak to someone and look around? I would like to get a feel of the environment. Thanks for your time.

Unregistered
    Hi, I have 20+ years in law enforcement with a BA degree, and over 10 years in investigative experience. I'm looking to retire soon and I've been checking the DIF website in hopes of seeing an opening on the West Central region. Does anyone know if there will be any openings soon and if I can submit my resume prior to any openings being posted, and if so can the agency hire you without there being an opening posted. Also, can I pass by the the Tampa or St. Petersburg field office and maybe speak to someone and look around? I would like to get a feel of the environment. Thanks for your time.
    You can stop by either of the offices and speak to someone. The same Captain oversees both offices. He does not have the authority to hire you without posting the position, but he could lobby with the higher ups to have you hired before an opening is officially posted.

Unregistered

Competitive Area Differential (CAD)

I was reading on the website that you get $4,999.80 extra if you live in specific areas considered as Competitive Area Differential (CAD). Are the Manatee County and/or Hillsborough County considered part of the Competitive Area Differential (CAD) locations?

Unregistered
    I was reading on the website that you get $4,999.80 extra if you live in specific areas considered as Competitive Area Differential (CAD). Are the Manatee County and/or Hillsborough County considered part of the Competitive Area Differential (CAD) locations?
    CAD is only for Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast