Former CO/LEO who needs advice!

Question Former CO/LEO who needs advice!

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike, I am rather new to the community but I believe I have a unique situation. I am currently 35 with a wife and two children and a great second career as a Respiratory Therapist. At the age of 22 I became a Correctional Officer for the Florida Department of Corrections and served for six LONG years. In the middle of that career I went through the Crossover course from Corrections to Law Enforcement. I was then dual certified in Florida as CO and LEO. I spent another couple of years applying to become a Police Officer to no avail. I probably applied for about 7 years from the age of 20 till about I was 27 at a lot of various agencies and never was able to pass the polygraph or psychological assessments, unfortunately. I have been in my second career now for 6 years but have never fully accepted the fact that I wasn't able to achieve my dream to become a Police Officer. I don't feel like it's really an option to at this stage in my life to become an LEO due to having kids and my spouse not feeling safe in me going back into that. I just throughly miss the brotherhood and general culture of Law Enforcement. I spend my life watching Law Enforcement scenario based training video's and it'll never be out of my blood. I just wish I could do something in my life that brought back that rush I used to get being in the field and overall sense of pride I would get when I wore the badge and took the oath to serve. Is there anything that you guys can suggest for someone like myself?

Thank you for any advice and input as I surely appreciate it and thank you for taking the time to read through my long post.

Stay safe my brothers and sisters,

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thin blue line american flag.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	289