Trooper Vanessa Franceschi - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please tell me she has an auto accident attorney? Please tell me she requested an ambulance and was transported to hospital from the scene where she caught the jack@ss? Please tell me she has private auto insurance on her patrol car? Please tell me she refused workers comp crap? I know her peers at FHP aren't that dumb to fail to advise her of the auto accident process. If uniformed then I feel sorry to hear Vanessa lost about a potential 50k claim from the accident. I hope that's not the case here.

Yeh sure from what planet do you hail from, good sir? As if any trooper could afford an optional personal auto policy to cover their state ride so they could potentially make a windfall profit off of some jerk who intentionally rams and injures them. Most of us do not have the extra few dollars a month to pay for the long-term disability (LTD) insurance upgrade out of our monthly checks.

I hope she took the ambulance if she needed it; or got a ride to the hospital from a fellow Trooper and walked-in if she could, not giving that POS the satisfaction that he hurt her badly enough to send her out on her back...F-him...

Who the hell signs up for this job looking for a payday anyway? You are probably a 'disability' retired NYPD guy, if not, you sure sound like one!

Unregistered

Red face hopefully..................

Please tell me she has an auto accident attorney? Please tell me she requested an ambulance and was transported to hospital from the scene where she caught the jack@ss? Please tell me she has private auto insurance on her patrol car? Please tell me she refused workers comp crap? I know her peers at FHP aren't that dumb to fail to advise her of the auto accident process. If uniformed then I feel sorry to hear Vanessa lost about a potential 50k claim from the accident. I hope that's not the case here.

UNDOUBTEDLY, she has a personal auto policy on her POV with UNINSURED motorist coverage and PI coverage. AND, if she is very, very lucky in SE FL, the s3 vehicle has PI coverage that she can go after.
    BOTH of those can be used even with a workers' comp case with FHP.
    HOPEFULLY she can see a private attorney who will take her case on a contingency basis and she will come out OK.

Unregistered
    Yeh sure from what planet do you hail from, good sir? As if any trooper could afford an optional personal auto policy to cover their state ride so they could potentially make a windfall profit off of some jerk who intentionally rams and injures them. Most of us do not have the extra few dollars a month to pay for the long-term disability (LTD) insurance upgrade out of our monthly checks.

I hope she took the ambulance if she needed it; or got a ride to the hospital from a fellow Trooper and walked-in if she could, not giving that POS the satisfaction that he hurt her badly enough to send her out on her back...F-him...

Who the hell signs up for this job looking for a payday anyway? You are probably a 'disability' retired NYPD guy, if not, you sure sound like one!
    Calm down.

I’m in an are that doesn’t have much 208, but I’m assuming the comment about having insurance on the patrol was related to working 208 - you know, since you’re required to have insurance then.

Unregistered
    Ok back to the OP!

The actions that the FHP brass took in this case is exactly why most troopers are leaving! Some can deal with the low pay due to off duty gigs and OT but what we can't survive is the way we are treated by our own department! Policy isn't the law of the land! Most supervisors quote it when it proves THEIR point! When the brass or the agency is in violation then the policy becomes a "guideline"! There is a double standard at the FHP! Just think, how many times has a LT and higher rank been called out for a policy violation?? Always the poor trooper working the road! I think this trooper did an excellent job! With the stress of the situation I think she handled to the point that this should be an example of WHAT to do! Great job Trooper VF! The road troopers support your actions 100%!
    Would have to agree with of this. It's subjective, or they find a way to make it open to interpretation.

They want everyone to be perfect. People complain when they get tickets and they run when they don't want to go to jail.

But I don't know why anyone would get involved in a pursuit now days. That's just asking for problems.
    Everyone should know the agency is gonna protect itself first.

Unregistered

Hey Captain Obvious, nobody signs up for a payday (good candy bar by the way) in this line of work but there ain't nothing a claim or lawsuit can't fix against the defendant's insurance or your own insurance. Take every penny you can Vanessa.

Guess

To the “Local POPO”

Why do yo come here an try to embarrass yourself with your comments? How about you just respond to your call, write your preliminary report and forwarded it to a detective that is going to take it from there. A monkey can do your job, hero! Que come pinga!

Unregistered
    Would have to agree with of this. It's subjective, or they find a way to make it open to interpretation.

They want everyone to be perfect. People complain when they get tickets and they run when they don't want to go to jail.

But I don't know why anyone would get involved in a pursuit now days. That's just asking for problems.
    Everyone should know the agency is gonna protect itself first.
    This is why troopers have become "reactive" and very few are "proactive"! Sad but the agency has created the atmosphere of the less one does, the less trouble for the trooper!

Unregistered
    Who is the blonde trooper jumping over the hood? She is a nice "Piece" Name please!!

Unregistered
    Though about FHP when I read this article.

Academy Sports manager fired after tackling gun theft suspect
    tallahassee [dot] com

The manager of Tallahassee’s Academy Sports was fired Tuesday after tackling a suspect accused of stealing a handgun late last month. The suspect also allegedly threatened to shoot people.

Dean Crouch, 32, was the store manager who stopped Jason White from leaving the Mahan Drive store with a .40-caliber pistol from the firearms counter on June 29.

“Academy has decided to, instead of treating him like the hero he is, they terminated his employment effective immediately because he put his hands on Mr. White,” Crouch's attorney Ryan Hobbs said.

Just hours before he was taken into custody, White stole two handguns from Cash America Pawn on South Adams Street, according to Tallahassee Police.

White asked to look at the handgun at the firearms counter. He was handed the gun, then ran toward the front door.

Crouch, who court records say observed the transaction at the counter, and another employee tackled and subdued White at the exit doors and recovered the gun, a stolen backpack, five boxes of ammunition and two magazines for the Glock.

White was taken into the store’s office while police were en route.

It was there that he admitted to stealing the gun and threatened to shoot people with it. Court records indicate those threats, but do not mention threats to kill police officers as Crouch’s attorney claims.

White, according to court records, said he and his family were being threatened by an unknown person and he wanted the gun to “kill him."

“He repeatedly said ‘I stole and I admit to it’ and ‘I will steal again when I get out of jail,’” officers wrote in their report.

Hobbs said his client is considering a lawsuit for wrongful termination. The way he sees it, Crouch may have saved lives by stopping White.

“This is not something that happens for Mr. Crouch in his everyday life,” Hobbs said. “I think he was thinking there is a man running out of the store with a gun in his hand with his coworkers following from the firearm area screaming ‘Stop that man.’ Something had to be done and he was the one that was going to do it.”

Academy Sports spokeswoman Elise Hasbrook said she could not comment on specific personnel matters or policies.

However, Crouch’s actions and his termination were handled in accordance with the Texas-based company’s policies.

“While the incident ended without injury, actions inconsistent with corporate policies were taken,” she said. “We addressed the matter with the local store and individuals involved.”

Crouch worked at the store for more than two years and is married with a family and has no way to support them.

Hobbs said maybe the corporate policy should be revisited.

“My instincts tell me they are concerned more about people like Mr. White suing them for being stopped in the course of a theft than they are about rewarding or acknowledging in a positive manner that Mr. Crouch may have saved lives.”

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess View Post
    Why do yo come here an try to embarrass yourself with your comments? How about you just respond to your call, write your preliminary report and forwarded it to a detective that is going to take it from there. A monkey can do your job, hero! Que come pinga!
    Lol if a monkey cam do our job then what does that mean for you?! It's obvious that out jobs are much more involved/intense than yours, that's why we're paid more. See, we are first responders. You guys respond after fire lmao. Give me a break.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast