Deciet. Lies, accountability, ethical behavior - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I caught two of the three candidates response on the Bearcat. One was surprsed that there was a discussion of an armored vehicle in North Port. The other made the direct case for supporting Morales choice of vehicle over a US military vehicle, even if it seems costly. Rollover was one of his points.. and i dont recall the rest. I wanted to follow up with the immediate need but decided it wasnt fair as he isnt privvy to all the details.
    absurd, roll over. No more chance of a roll over than the Tahoes. I have driven the MWRAP at 60MPH, they are fine, they are on 75 in convoys doing 65 plus These vehicles were not meant for speed, neither is the Bearcat.Well we see who the next chief is, even if it seems costly, the NPPD slogan

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    absurd, roll over. No more chance of a roll over than the Tahoes. I have driven the MWRAP at 60MPH, they are fine, they are on 75 in convoys doing 65 plus These vehicles were not meant for speed, neither is the Bearcat.Well we see who the next chief is, even if it seems costly, the NPPD slogan
    You have no clue. If you were in the military then you would clearly know that the MRAP can very easily roll if you not careful on a turn radius. You dont have a clue sir. I do, I drove them.

Unregistered
    we had at least two qualified applicants the last time, you are being sold a bill of goods here, Chief K is a journeyman chief, will go where the money is, what are his accomplishments, ummmm none, Anthony, TIAA< really that's qualifications, Captain in the LCSO, Lee county is harda$$, we have had LCSO employed here, left and went back because it was boring, still only a Captain. Really this is the best of the best or is it the the list of who will play ball with them. Sorry Most of us believe there are better applicants available, but just didn't wanna be a puppet.
    Only a Captain? Lee County SO is the 6th largest SO in the state. You realize his district has almost double the population of North Port and more sworn personnel? He is also the only one of three left that is a FBI NA grad. Kitzerow would have been a good choice also.

Unregistered
    You have no clue. If you were in the military then you would clearly know that the MRAP can very easily roll if you not careful on a turn radius. You dont have a clue sir. I do, I drove them.
    so didn't I, guess I'm a better driver, any veh that is that big will roll if driven recklessly, for example a Tahoe, what's that warning sticker say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neither the bearcat not the mwrap are made for speed and maneuverability, they are made to show force and the MWRAP is definitely more intimidating

Unregistered
    Only a Captain? Lee County SO is the 6th largest SO in the state. You realize his district has almost double the population of North Port and more sworn personnel? He is also the only one of three left that is a FBI NA grad. Kitzerow would have been a good choice also.
    Chief Deputy, no, major, no, under sheriff, no, and yes only a Captain. Lee County has a harda$$ way of doing things, very tough area to work, murders, shootings, whole different mentality, do we want a chief that subscribes to this way of policing???? Or do we want one who controls the warrior like mentality and is more community orientated. I am not saying he is not qualified, he probably does a good job, but might be overkill for NP

Unregistered
    Chief Deputy, no, major, no, under sheriff, no, and yes only a Captain. Lee County has a harda$$ way of doing things, very tough area to work, murders, shootings, whole different mentality, do we want a chief that subscribes to this way of policing???? Or do we want one who controls the warrior like mentality and is more community orientated. I am not saying he is not qualified, he probably does a good job, but might be overkill for NP
    If you are so concerned, did you go last night and meet the candidates? Probably not!!

Unregistered
    I did go to both meet and greets and I believe there were at leash two candidates from the first process much better than this group. Clearly the last process conducted for NP by the state chiefs assn produced better candidates. if Lear had not been influenced we would have picked one of them I'm sure. Now look where we are.

Unregistered

when is going to stop????

it appears now the so called armored veh the interim chief wants the BEARCAT has had a significant price increase. When the idea was first floated the price was quoted by the interim as being 150 grand. Then because the free MWRAP idea surfaced and its water rescue use stated, the interim chief added a snorkel kit and the price soared to 200 grand. Now it is being stated the price is 300 grand. This is outrageous. When critics came out against the bearcat, the interim not so cleverly tried to disguise the purchase as a replacement vehicle, replacing a ford van, really a what 20 grand ford van being replaced by a 300 thousand dollar bearcat armored vehicle.
    Here we have the classic example of what we have been bit$hing about, lies and deceit. dis honesty etc. It has been the past practice of the NPPD to lie and deceive to accomplish what they want. KV,MP and yes our esteemed interim all participate in this practice. It only works when we as a society allow it. It is common knowledge CM will tell you what you want to hear even if he doesn't believe it, its referred to as being two faced, We as the taxpayers of this city must demand accountability and fiscal responsibility and most importantly ethical behavior in that our employees and administration. This does not fall alone on CM, he certainly was advised by at least one commissioner in this matter. So instead of being admonished on his behavior, CM will get a promotion to asst chief, Chief Garrision will take the reigns but I suspect things will stay status quo or ramp up because now there will be a new fall guy in the new chief. This commission with its majority vote and city manager will again turn a blind eye to what is transpiring here and it will be business as usual at the NPPD

Unregistered
    it appears now the so called armored veh the interim chief wants the BEARCAT has had a significant price increase. When the idea was first floated the price was quoted by the interim as being 150 grand. Then because the free MWRAP idea surfaced and its water rescue use stated, the interim chief added a snorkel kit and the price soared to 200 grand. Now it is being stated the price is 300 grand. This is outrageous. When critics came out against the bearcat, the interim not so cleverly tried to disguise the purchase as a replacement vehicle, replacing a ford van, really a what 20 grand ford van being replaced by a 300 thousand dollar bearcat armored vehicle.
    Here we have the classic example of what we have been bit$hing about, lies and deceit. dis honesty etc. It has been the past practice of the NPPD to lie and deceive to accomplish what they want. KV,MP and yes our esteemed interim all participate in this practice. It only works when we as a society allow it. It is common knowledge CM will tell you what you want to hear even if he doesn't believe it, its referred to as being two faced, We as the taxpayers of this city must demand accountability and fiscal responsibility and most importantly ethical behavior in that our employees and administration. This does not fall alone on CM, he certainly was advised by at least one commissioner in this matter. So instead of being admonished on his behavior, CM will get a promotion to asst chief, Chief Garrision will take the reigns but I suspect things will stay status quo or ramp up because now there will be a new fall guy in the new chief. This commission with its majority vote and city manager will again turn a blind eye to what is transpiring here and it will be business as usual at the NPPD
    Whoever you are, you need serious help. This equipment is to keep our officers and community safe. I pray you never have a critical call where our brave officers and first responders come to rescue you from harm's way. When that day comes our officers will have the right and immeidate equipment to do their job and to keep them safe, so they all go home to their families at the end of their shift. I don't care what the cost is if it is to keep our officers safe. End of story.

Unregistered
    Whoever you are, you need serious help. This equipment is to keep our officers and community safe. I pray you never have a critical call where our brave officers and first responders come to rescue you from harm's way. When that day comes our officers will have the right and immeidate equipment to do their job and to keep them safe, so they all go home to their families at the end of their shift. I don't care what the cost is if it is to keep our officers safe. End of story.
    You watch too much TV, they already have the right equipment available, they are loaded to the bear. His bud in Sarasota PD has one, so he wants a better one...This is not a matter of officer safety, in fact look at the stats, only requested once in what a five year period. Be realistic here, purchase one for 300 grand, it might be used occasionally, might, so it rolls down the street to a call, wow look at that mommy,, when it gets to a call, where is it going to park, in a driveway, better yet what is it going to be used for, to hide behind. In the meantime all the officers already there are positioned already behind cover, it has no other functional purpose other than transport and intimidation and believe me a free MWRAP intimidates much more. So the NPPD policy is to surround and wait, sometimes they have waited for over ten hours, the sheriffs vehicle can be there in less than one hour and guess what costs us nothing, we already pay for it.So this is the second time you shot off your mouth, when you need them, well I wont. Most police encounters take less than 10 seconds, Your either brainwashed or a kiss a$$. This man is boldly lying and being deceitful, like a little kid, to get what he wants at our expense. So as you watch your television, turn off the police shows your just not mentally equipped to understand. Story continues !!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast