Hiring standards
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Hiring standards

With the high demand of officers needed do you guys think the hiring standard is gonna drop just to fill in positions?

Unregistered
    Not for you

Unregistered
    They were just lowered for that exact reason, check the careers page...

Unregistered
    Lets be perfectly clear here, standards were not lowered, they were made more inclusive and opened possibilities for people the previous chief deputy did not want. I will take a kid with three years combat experience over a college lifer with no expwrience other than academia on the street any day.

Unregistered
    well said, How true

Unregistered
    Yeah but can someone elaborate the old standards to the new ones?

Unregistered
    No sir, if you want this job then be a grown-up and call Recruitment and Screening or go online to our website and see for yourself, obviously you now only have to comply with what is stated, which are the new guidelines.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    I find it interesting that the Reserve standards are now higher than the full-time standards Hummm

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lets be perfectly clear here, standards were not lowered, they were made more inclusive and opened possibilities for people the previous chief deputy did not want. I will take a kid with three years combat experience over a college lifer with no expwrience other than academia on the street any day.
    Well said. Exactly. The old standards were the comand being snobby business men. It was originally started by that drunk that is now long gone. Thanks St Pete. The very business mentality that has acted as a cancer and has destroyed this agency. All they did was attract college children and cause a massive shortage. When I first started, when police men ran this place, life skills were what mattered. They would hire an ex salesman with 2 kids over some college brat that could not make a decision. I have a theory on why they hired kids with no life skills, no precerts and no ex cops. its because our training unit sucks and only wants to train robots that ask no question. The easy path. Training ex cops from other agencies and grown men with life experiences would be too hard on the training staff. See, the non robotic grown ups would question things. And we all know how the big bad HCSO does not like to be questioned.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well said. Exactly. The old standards were the comand being snobby business men. It was originally started by that drunk that is now long gone. Thanks St Pete. The very business mentality that has acted as a cancer and has destroyed this agency. All they did was attract college children and cause a massive shortage. When I first started, when police men ran this place, life skills were what mattered. They would hire an ex salesman with 2 kids over some college brat that could not make a decision. I have a theory on why they hired kids with no life skills, no precerts and no ex cops. its because our training unit sucks and only wants to train robots that ask no question. The easy path. Training ex cops from other agencies and grown men with life experiences would be too hard on the training staff. See, the non robotic grown ups would question things. And we all know how the big bad HCSO does not like to be questioned.
    You’d be much happier elsewhere. Especially with your old fashioned use of the phrase “police men”. How sexist and stupid. If you don’t like it then maybe you should quit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast