Wtf hcso? Wtf? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf hcso? Wtf?

Unregistered
    I feel the pain also, and have concerns, but this forum, nor those of us using it, really does not threaten anyone, much kess Command Staff

Unregistered

Cruel truth

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What the hell is happening on patrol? Just when I thought it could not get any worse. How long do they really think that we can keep this up with so few units? It seems they dont notice. None of us speak up because we have been conditioned not to. Just about everyone I work with are burned out. It pisses me off to see zones that once had 2 day shift units, 1 to 2 mid shift units, and 2 night shift units now have one unit only. Especially with all the new housing developments and businesses that keep popping up. I hope to god this POS agency goes under investigation somehow. The problem is that they would fudge the numbers with non essential units if there was and investigation. They will do what they always done and include supervisors, command staff, detectives, crd’s, and so on as part of the officer to citizen ratio. The thing is that when the crap hits the fan and the media cameras show up, they can get plenty of units to come out of the woodwork and make a scene look full. Basicly a bunch of peremeter units scratching their nuts. Im talking about the job before the crap happens. The actual basic front lines job. The units preventing and detering crime and taking calls and paper. Short handed day in and day out. Not at some big crime scene full of scu units, crime scene units, and detectives. Maybe because they are to busy worried about the stupid blotter and memos instead of their cops on the streets. This agency is a joke. Im sick of it.
    Use your brain, you can only handle one call at a time. Take your time getting there, you know they watch your speed. When you get there make sure you document and interview everyone within site. Make sure you dust for prints, photograph the scene. Stay with the complaintant until they have done a complete inventory of their property. At traffic crashes call the tow truck after you have done all your measurements etc. writing the report is part of the call get that done. When you have completed every task possible the come 1008 for another call. Bring your lunch, find a nice place to sit, go 1040, and enjoy.
    If you get inquires about your time, invite the sgt over to help, they will never show up.

Move to midnights, great time to work in Florida.

When asked why you are on a call which is running long, on air tell your inquiring supervisors you are not done with the investigation, then comment “do you want me to abandon this call”.
    That report is real simple arrived spoke to complainant was told to come 1008 by “enter supervisors name”, unable to conduct investigation end of report.

As in everything in life if you feel like you are a beat mule, that’s your fault.

This shit is simple let calls hold for hours that’s not your problem, that the sheriff’s problem

Unregistered
    The above post boys and girls is a prime example of the cancerous employee that is debilitating us

Unregistered

Crueltruth

The above post boys and girls is a prime example of the cancerous employee that is debilitating us
    No I am an employee with a brain. I was hired to do the job of a singular Deputy. I was not hire to do the job of three. Management has a responsibility to manage the work load they are the failure.

So pull your head out Of your ass.

Unregistered
    No I am an employee with a brain. I was hired to do the job of a singular Deputy. I was not hire to do the job of three. Management has a responsibility to manage the work load they are the failure.

So pull your head out Of your ass.
    The problem you fail to recognize is that by taking your time you are screwing everyone else out there around you that has to take up your slack and cover your calls. Who do you think is clearing the screen of all those pending calls while you meander around leisurely and eat under a shade tree? Not to mention the folks out there that may actually need you.

I would suggest that you take your 'to hell with it' attitude and finish out your time in the FRS over at USF or some place like that, where they have enough people and not much going on.

Unregistered
    The problem you fail to recognize is that by taking your time you are screwing everyone else out there around you that has to take up your slack and cover your calls. Who do you think is clearing the screen of all those pending calls while you meander around leisurely and eat under a shade tree? Not to mention the folks out there that may actually need you.

I would suggest that you take your 'to hell with it' attitude and finish out your time in the FRS over at USF or some place like that, where they have enough people and not much going on.

Sorry, but I agree with him/her. He/she recognizes that IF EVER DEPUTY ---- did you get that? If EVERY DEPUTY does very thorough investigations, like they were hired to do, then every deputy will be in the same boat. There will be no one "screwing" other deputies, because all deputies will be spending the time necessary to complete ALL THE TASKS now required of us. There will be no one left to "take up the your slack."

That's not a "to hell with it" attitude. That's an attitude that says, "You expect all of us, to do every single one of these steps, for ever single complaint (the 10% law enforcement related calls, and the other 90% of calls we have absolutely no business answering) we MUST respond to, then you are going to get exactly what you ask for ... very thorough investigations, documentations, evidence gathering, videos, latent prints, pictures, dna swabs, interviews, neighborhood surveys, emails, alerts, blotters, notifications, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Don't be afraid. No one is going to fault you as a deputy, for being thorough in doing what is asked of you. If every deputy does what's asked of them and calls have to start holding for much longer, and shit starts to hit the fan, maybe the brass will finally start saying, "No, we are not responding to that non-law enforcement complaint. No we are not doing an assist other agency report for agencies that wont do the same for us. No we are not responding to that traffic crash with no injuries No we are not responding to..."

Unregistered
    We are cops. We put our lives on the line every day. This is not a business. HCSO, stop running this agency like a business. Stop taking away the pros of this job. Pros we all deserve for keeping the peace. I been here long enough to have seen a massive change. When I first started, us cops came first. We were supported and due to the dangers of this job, both physically and mentally, we always were given the benifit of the doubt. Now its like being in an abusive relationship with a third less staff. No positive feedback. All actions governed via discipline and negative feedback. No clear path for career advancement. Poor leaders. Just yes men and rank chasers. No loyalty to the front lines.

Unregistered
    Sorry, but I agree with him/her. He/she recognizes that IF EVER DEPUTY ---- did you get that? If EVERY DEPUTY does very thorough investigations, like they were hired to do, then every deputy will be in the same boat. There will be no one "screwing" other deputies, because all deputies will be spending the time necessary to complete ALL THE TASKS now required of us. There will be no one left to "take up the your slack."

That's not a "to hell with it" attitude. That's an attitude that says, "You expect all of us, to do every single one of these steps, for ever single complaint (the 10% law enforcement related calls, and the other 90% of calls we have absolutely no business answering) we MUST respond to, then you are going to get exactly what you ask for ... very thorough investigations, documentations, evidence gathering, videos, latent prints, pictures, dna swabs, interviews, neighborhood surveys, emails, alerts, blotters, notifications, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Don't be afraid. No one is going to fault you as a deputy, for being thorough in doing what is asked of you. If every deputy does what's asked of them and calls have to start holding for much longer, and shit starts to hit the fan, maybe the brass will finally start saying, "No, we are not responding to that non-law enforcement complaint. No we are not doing an assist other agency report for agencies that wont do the same for us. No we are not responding to that traffic crash with no injuries No we are not responding to..."
    Agreed, if we all do it, then no one gets screwed. They will be forced to staff us. They are getting quality and quantity out of us, but that can not be maintained. Not for a full career term. I agree that all of us should focus on providing quality investigations only and so on with no quantity. If they want quantity, then more workers are needed. We should only work as hard as we would be with a full squad. Quality work without rushing wont get us in trouble.

Another note, I noticed that some squads are short while other squads are very full. Interesting that the sgt’s of the full squads seem to be connected. Imagine that. This is why, when come to work, I do my basic job while violating no sop’s or laws. However, i do nothing above and beyond and I do nothing to flatter the agency. They do not deserve it. They dont care, so I dont care.

Unregistered
    Agreed, if we all do it, then no one gets screwed. They will be forced to staff us. They are getting quality and quantity out of us, but that can not be maintained. Not for a full career term. I agree that all of us should focus on providing quality investigations only and so on with no quantity. If they want quantity, then more workers are needed. We should only work as hard as we would be with a full squad. Quality work without rushing wont get us in trouble.

Another note, I noticed that some squads are short while other squads are very full. Interesting that the sgt’s of the full squads seem to be connected. Imagine that. This is why, when come to work, I do my basic job while violating no sop’s or laws. However, i do nothing above and beyond and I do nothing to flatter the agency. They do not deserve it. They dont care, so I dont care.
    When you spend the rest of your crappy career as a bottom feeder patrol loser, it won’t be due to the corruption you claim exists. It will be due to your loser attitude. You’d be better off quitting. You don’t deserve to be counted among the elite.

Unregistered
    When you spend the rest of your crappy career as a bottom feeder patrol loser, it won’t be due to the corruption you claim exists. It will be due to your loser attitude. You’d be better off quitting. You don’t deserve to be counted among the elite.
    This attitude is so very depressing. Some people work a zone for their entire career through no fault of their own. Others choose to work a zone for their entire career because of family/schedule/money/off duty/whatever. This does does not make them a "bottom feeder patrol loser." Just like in any other assignment or rank you have your 10-8 guys/gals and your slugs. Some are very sharp investigators and some couldn't investigate their way out of a wet paper bag. Stop shitting on patrol. I take pride in my work and I love the assignment. I just wish there was a clear path to improving conditions. We should always strive to improve in every aspect.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast