Conspiracy

Thread: Conspiracy

Unregistered

Conspiracy

By now the efforts of the Sheriff and a certain councilwoman against the County Manager are well know and publicized. The two of them are using the issue with the Medical Examiners office as fuel against the county manager. The two of them state this issue with the ME's office has been on going for years. This has brought out numerous questions. They include, but are not limited to the following questions:
    - if this issue has been going on for years why did not Chitwood address it when he was the Chief of Daytona Beach PD?
    - Why did this council woman all of a sudden decide to side with Chitwood? She was remarkably silent last year when deputies were struggling to get a raise. But upon further examination maybe her not backing the rank and file deputies was perceived by Chitwood to be backing him?
    - Is this a reason why a certain training staff member is allowed to stay at training for decades? The transfers (with the exception of him and one other) always seems to be a yearly type issue at training. Is this the reason why he is allowed to start his second decade at training (the relationship with the Sheriff and the Councilwoman)
    - Is this the reason why there has not been more publicity about the Sheriff not being able to qualify with his firearm?

It should be noted this relationship is not like the sheriff and Janelle Homan and Susan Cerbone. But it does lead to the appearance of not "above board" conduct.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    By now the efforts of the Sheriff and a certain councilwoman against the County Manager are well know and publicized. The two of them are using the issue with the Medical Examiners office as fuel against the county manager. The two of them state this issue with the ME's office has been on going for years. This has brought out numerous questions. They include, but are not limited to the following questions:
    - if this issue has been going on for years why did not Chitwood address it when he was the Chief of Daytona Beach PD?
    - Why did this council woman all of a sudden decide to side with Chitwood? She was remarkably silent last year when deputies were struggling to get a raise. But upon further examination maybe her not backing the rank and file deputies was perceived by Chitwood to be backing him?
    - Is this a reason why a certain training staff member is allowed to stay at training for decades? The transfers (with the exception of him and one other) always seems to be a yearly type issue at training. Is this the reason why he is allowed to start his second decade at training (the relationship with the Sheriff and the Councilwoman)
    - Is this the reason why there has not been more publicity about the Sheriff not being able to qualify with his firearm?

It should be noted this relationship is not like the sheriff and Janelle Homan and Susan Cerbone. But it does lead to the appearance of not "above board" conduct.
    Sounds to me like you should be asking Ben Johnson these questions. He's the one that allowed this place to become what it has. And, as you said, a deputy has been out for decades. If this is true, wasn't Ben the sheriff for over a decade. Your finger is pointing in the wrong direction.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds to me like you should be asking Ben Johnson these questions. He's the one that allowed this place to become what it has. And, as you said, a deputy has been out for decades. If this is true, wasn't Ben the sheriff for over a decade. Your finger is pointing in the wrong direction.
    I will agree with you that Ben Johnson allowed a couple of individuals to stay at training too long. They have no appreciation for what real (not classroom, Monday morning quarterbacking) patrol work is like. And Chitwood is continuing to allow stagnation at training. Is it due to Chitwood:
    - not being able to pass firearms qualification
    - one of the deputies being married to a member of the county council (that was elected right when Johnson was leaving office).

And the point about the ME's office is still valid. If it was such a problem why didn't chitwood address it during the time he was chief at Daytona? Perhaps because it wasn't a real problem and he now has an ally (the county council person) to help in his fight against Dinneen.

And think back to last year when the deputies (and the union) were trying to get a pay raise. Chitwood called the efforts a "juvenile prank." And the one county council member was remarkably silent in the fight for a pay raise.

Politics. Just like Chitwood is a politician that favors illegal immigrants over his deputies. Just like the one county council member got fired from the VCSO (and left other agencies under less than Honorable conditions).

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Sounds to me like you should be asking Ben Johnson these questions

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by zobi View Post
    Sounds to me like you should be asking Ben Johnson these questions
    Looks to me like all the discussions on this thread are involving Chitwood. Why ask the retired Sheriff questions that are involving Chitwood? Chitwood cannot answer things for himself? Sorry Chitty...no dice. You have to answer for your own issues.

Unregistered
    Sounds like just a lot of theories. Like the shot that killed Kennedy.