Other agencies are blowing past us in benefits and have less organized chaos - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Miami Dade dose retire with better pensions than we do, that is correct sadly. You can thank Larry Born for that

Unregistered
    Boca is way better than us on paper... higher pension, less time to achieve the pension, better %. More officers with weekends off. Not a quota driven agency, not suspension happy with discipline. Have not tried to make drugs legal. No discipline or heavy handed shady tactics with the AVL.GBS. OUR guys and gals making almost 180k or higher, never leave work, and work non stop. Over and over. Most families end in divorce from living at work. The kids are detached from the parents forever.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Miami Dade dose retire with better pensions than we do, that is correct sadly. You can thank Larry Born for that
    yes but they don't get to stay on the city insurance plan. I pay a little over 400 with a family of four. my friend who retired from the county is paying 1400 a month

Unregistered
    $400 a month for reitree insurance from the beach? If so, that’s great! I know bocas working on a plan for insurance for retirees, but it’s very expensive. As of now they give retirees a monthly stipend of $10 per year of service to use towards insurance.

Unregistered
    Papo. Deja la muela. No one has left the Beach for the County. But several have left the County for the Beach. FRS is OK but you need to ask a County retiree what he pays for Health Care. We have it pretty good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123