Dispatchers applications being accepted 1500. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    I hope I get hired. I know it seems like a long process, but I hope I get it. I have no experience just a recent college grad with a Bachelor degree. I also live in the City. Single no kids ready to make money and serve.

Unregistered
    Good read to get s perspective of the hiring process and training. This is from another local agency. Is training really that tough? Thirty applied and only two passed background. Pffft. Good luck ya'll.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.miami...le1964129.html

Unregistered

Cool

Finally it closed. I guess it did not reach the 1.500 applicants which is a good sign!

When will the testing begin?

Unregistered
    Anyone else in the process? Anyone received an email yet?

Unregistered

Angry

Yeah I just did. "Thank you for applying, but you did not meet any of the two options." I guess any of the two options are above someone with a Masters degree. What a joke! Enjoy that GED applicant.

Keep me updated on the new hire would really love to know who was chosen and their background.

Unregistered
    Same here what's worse I turned down a few other government jobs this past week with the hope that this one went well. I too have a College degree. I guess they don't care about a degree and just want to hire someone with experience that way they do not have to waste resources in training anyone. Life goes on! Keep applying.

Just know NEPOTISM is big business in local government jobs.

Unregistered
    Got my email! ''You are now eligible to take the transcription test, the next step in the selection process. ''

I guess having over 5 years of police dispatch experience helped. I'll definitely pass the typing test, so I wonder what the time frame will be between the typing test and the written exam. They must really need people, though, because the process is going a lot quicker than my last agency.

Unregistered
    Que decaro. I was dreaming in moving to the Brickell Area while making 80k a year. Damn. Thanks for shattering my dreams.

Maybe next time give people without experience a chance.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Got my email! ''You are now eligible to take the transcription test, the next step in the selection process. ''

I guess having over 5 years of police dispatch experience helped. I'll definitely pass the typing test, so I wonder what the time frame will be between the typing test and the written exam. They must really need people, though, because the process is going a lot quicker than my last agency.
    What agency you work for so I can apply now that your leaving jejeje

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123