Dispatchers applications being accepted 1500. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    I applied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully this could be a stepping stone for my law enforcement career in the future.

Unregistered

Cool

I did not like the part where is says "if you do not meet option 1 or 2 your application will go into the shredder" pretty much sums it up, that if you do not have experience you're a worthless applicant.

Hey HR person did you have any experience working in HR before getting the City cushy job? Bet not.

Unregistered
    Go apply !!

Unregistered
    When does this opening close?

Unregistered

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When does this opening close?
    When they get to 1,500 applications! Go apply!!! I just did.

Question? Does having a college degree pay extra?

Unregistered
    I am surprised it has not reached 1,500 applications yet. But then again better chances for me!!! Patiently waiting and practicing my typing skills. Any insight on how the typing skills test is and where it is at?

Unregistered

The real truth

Not easy but the pay is worth it and you get used to it it's a learning process APPLY !!
    So here’s the real deal. In order to make it through the training as a dispatcher you have to really have thick skin, need the money n be able to suck up BS until you are done with training. You will most likely train with a disgruntle dispatcher who is mad at the world every day n treats u like crap. If you get lucky you may get one of the good ones which is like 2 or 3. Out of the whole unit. Prepare to be drafted left and right once you are on your own because they always draft the rookie of the shift and no they don’t care. Prepare to work all holidays also. Like all other jobs gossip is a must so try to keep your mouth shut about your personal life. Besides all that it’s a great paying job with lots of good benefits including a retirement.good luck

Unregistered
    Me personally I do not mind working weekends and holidays, I just want bank money! Plus I love hard work. Now how many years before I can top the $80k a year as shown on the job ad?

Unregistered
    Geez. The struggle is real. Work every holiday, weekends and shift work? Geez. With that schedule and dealing with peoples garbage and employees gossip all day I'll either end up becoming an alcoholic or placed in a mental hospital. Good luck ya'll

Unregistered
    Geez. The struggle is real. Work every holiday, weekends and shift work? Geez. With that schedule and dealing with peoples garbage and employees gossip all day I'll either end up becoming an alcoholic or placed in a mental hospital. Good luck ya'll

You'll survive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast