+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
 

Thread: Another outrage

  1. #21
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If Scott even one time pointed at BCPS and stated " It was the school who failed at security" he would have the support today. He didn't have the courage. Spin it any way you want. COURAGE is an attractive attribute after what has taken place. A whiny old senior citizen claiming that he's being scapegoated is NOT perceived as a courageous leader. And no, MSD has not been forgotten and never will be. Columbine hasn't been forgotten either, nor as Sandy Hook. Are you unaware of the 17 million dollar grant that is on it's way to BCPS for school security? You haven't mentioned that at all. You're very wrong about schools not being upgraded in time. It's already in progress. All that's lacking now is some training, some good organization and some giddy up in the event of another incident. Whomever is perceived to be the candidate who will do the most to assure the public of good response time, whether it can save lives or not or not, will win the primary. Scott's hurt feelings are a non-issue. The perspective of cops is not the same as the perspective of Joe voter. Joe voter wants Deputy Doodah to risk life and limb to get there ASAP and either apprehend or shoot the bad guy. It's really that simple. A vote for a Sheriff is all about safety for ones own.
    First of all, every politician in Broward County KNEW that the BCSB could not afford to provide adequate security to stop a mass school shooter in all of its 241 schools, let alone the 89 charter schools under its umbrella. It would cost far more than $17 million dollars to set-up such security, let alone maintain it year after year. The BCSS requires its teachers to pay for their own teaching supplies and for the students to have their own toilet paper. There was no way the BCSB was going to spend the money to safeguard the schools against such a low possibility threat as a mass school shooter. But, the parents and the media wanted to blame some person in a position of responsibility for the incident. The Sheriff, became the face of the defense for the rest of the political machine, especially the BCSB. However, when the brouhaha failed to quiet down, the rest of the politicians did not hesitate to throw him off the sleigh to appease the wolves. What you are criticizing the Sheriff for is loyalty, not cowardice. No recriminations were going to bring back the dead. Mass school shootings are only slightly more common than terrorists flying airplanes into buildings. And, even after 9/11 we did not put AAA emplacements around building is the US. We just take our chances.

    Sorry, but Columbine has been forgotten. So has Sandy Hook. And so has VT and a dozen other schools which have seen similar attacks over the last two decades. People would rather feel that no threat exists rather than to take steps to eliminate that threat. And, such steps would be very expensive. And, except for the parents of the slain and injured, the populace of Broward County has largely forgotten about the MSDHS shooting as well. They DO NOT want to be reminded of it. When the shooter was arrested and the Sheriff suspended [because it was all his fault you know] everything went back to the status quo.

    As for securing the 241 public and 89 charter schools, in Broward County [the 6th largest school system in the nation], against a mass school shooter, how much do you think that will cost? The initial cost of effectively securing the schools will be much greater than $17 million. and the year-to-year ongoing costs to maintain it will be just as high. In order to effective safeguard a school against armed intrusion, the perimeter has to be secured to eliminate entry at other than monitored points of entry. Each point of entry has to have at least one armed guard and several other people to screen those entering the campus as well as their equipment. Then you have to have several more armed guards to interdict a person attempting to use force to enter the campus. This requires personnel, equipment, a high level of initial training and regular on-going training. And the personnel have too be free to engage the attacker before he reaches people on the campus. Once the fox is in the hen house, you are going to lose chickens. And, the standards set by the MSDHS Security Act, and enacted by the BCSB, are virtually identical to those in place at MSDHS [one armed security guard] on the day of the shooting.

    Response time is all well and good. But, it does not prevent the intrusion and subsequent death and injury from occurring. At MSDHS, the first off-campus responder was on-scene in about 1.5 minutes after the shooting was reported. Three other deputies were on-scene in approximately 3 minutes after the shooting was reported. And, 2 minutes later the shooter was leaving the campus. Four LEOs on-scene in 3 minutes is pretty darn good response. Of course, they had no idea as to exactly what they were responding to, except that it was shots being fired inside a school building, or on the football field. There was some confusion there, as there always is in these situations. So, bu the time the units were on-scene and they had staged [which was not done in this case] the shooter would have been headed out the back anyway, leaving 17 dead and 17 wounded.

    As to what the PUBLIC expects, there is a reason why we do not allow the public to command our military in time of war and to tell LEOs how to do their jobs. We do not allow the untrained public to do brain surgery or fly airplanes, either. Once you allow the PUBLIC to dictate how these jobs are done, everything falls apart. And, as most LEOs learn quickly, every Tom, **** and Harriet believes that they can do our job better than we can. And, of course, the media is simply clueless and always has been. As you note, the PERCEPTION of reality [safety in this case] is more important that REALITY. People do not want to think that any threat exists. So, it much more convenient to ignore the threat and then blame it all on the Sheriff, if that threat materializes. Even if the Sheriff is not responsible for countering the threat to begin with.

    So, if you want to see a politician elected based upon lies then you get what you deserve. Scott Israel may not be thee best candidate for Sheriff. But it is insane to base his election on the MSDHS shooting, just as it was insane to base his suspension on that incident.

  2. #22
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First of all, every politician in Broward County KNEW that the BCSB could not afford to provide adequate security to stop a mass school shooter in all of its 241 schools, let alone the 89 charter schools under its umbrella. It would cost far more than $17 million dollars to set-up such security, let alone maintain it year after year. The BCSS requires its teachers to pay for their own teaching supplies and for the students to have their own toilet paper. There was no way the BCSB was going to spend the money to safeguard the schools against such a low possibility threat as a mass school shooter. But, the parents and the media wanted to blame some person in a position of responsibility for the incident. The Sheriff, became the face of the defense for the rest of the political machine, especially the BCSB. However, when the brouhaha failed to quiet down, the rest of the politicians did not hesitate to throw him off the sleigh to appease the wolves. What you are criticizing the Sheriff for is loyalty, not cowardice. No recriminations were going to bring back the dead. Mass school shootings are only slightly more common than terrorists flying airplanes into buildings. And, even after 9/11 we did not put AAA emplacements around building is the US. We just take our chances.

    Sorry, but Columbine has been forgotten. So has Sandy Hook. And so has VT and a dozen other schools which have seen similar attacks over the last two decades. People would rather feel that no threat exists rather than to take steps to eliminate that threat. And, such steps would be very expensive. And, except for the parents of the slain and injured, the populace of Broward County has largely forgotten about the MSDHS shooting as well. They DO NOT want to be reminded of it. When the shooter was arrested and the Sheriff suspended [because it was all his fault you know] everything went back to the status quo.

    As for securing the 241 public and 89 charter schools, in Broward County [the 6th largest school system in the nation], against a mass school shooter, how much do you think that will cost? The initial cost of effectively securing the schools will be much greater than $17 million. and the year-to-year ongoing costs to maintain it will be just as high. In order to effective safeguard a school against armed intrusion, the perimeter has to be secured to eliminate entry at other than monitored points of entry. Each point of entry has to have at least one armed guard and several other people to screen those entering the campus as well as their equipment. Then you have to have several more armed guards to interdict a person attempting to use force to enter the campus. This requires personnel, equipment, a high level of initial training and regular on-going training. And the personnel have too be free to engage the attacker before he reaches people on the campus. Once the fox is in the hen house, you are going to lose chickens. And, the standards set by the MSDHS Security Act, and enacted by the BCSB, are virtually identical to those in place at MSDHS [one armed security guard] on the day of the shooting.

    Response time is all well and good. But, it does not prevent the intrusion and subsequent death and injury from occurring. At MSDHS, the first off-campus responder was on-scene in about 1.5 minutes after the shooting was reported. Three other deputies were on-scene in approximately 3 minutes after the shooting was reported. And, 2 minutes later the shooter was leaving the campus. Four LEOs on-scene in 3 minutes is pretty darn good response. Of course, they had no idea as to exactly what they were responding to, except that it was shots being fired inside a school building, or on the football field. There was some confusion there, as there always is in these situations. So, bu the time the units were on-scene and they had staged [which was not done in this case] the shooter would have been headed out the back anyway, leaving 17 dead and 17 wounded.

    As to what the PUBLIC expects, there is a reason why we do not allow the public to command our military in time of war and to tell LEOs how to do their jobs. We do not allow the untrained public to do brain surgery or fly airplanes, either. Once you allow the PUBLIC to dictate how these jobs are done, everything falls apart. And, as most LEOs learn quickly, every Tom, **** and Harriet believes that they can do our job better than we can. And, of course, the media is simply clueless and always has been. As you note, the PERCEPTION of reality [safety in this case] is more important that REALITY. People do not want to think that any threat exists. So, it much more convenient to ignore the threat and then blame it all on the Sheriff, if that threat materializes. Even if the Sheriff is not responsible for countering the threat to begin with.

    So, if you want to see a politician elected based upon lies then you get what you deserve. Scott Israel may not be thee best candidate for Sheriff. But it is insane to base his election on the MSDHS shooting, just as it was insane to base his suspension on that incident.
    Scott Israel's quiet LOYALTY to Runcie, Osgood and the NAACP pastors is the reason that I don't support his reinstatement and won't vote for him. The ideology disgusts me. Gelin disgusts me. The defenders obviously believe that the public did not come around about who was, and was not, at fault with regard to MSD. They have. There is a huge camp who do not blame the Sheriff for MSD, believe that he WAS scapegoated, and still do not support his return. There's a lot to consider here. When traveling, it's not unusual to be asked " Is that coward Sheriff still there?" The show COPS in the 80's put Broward on the map as a giant trailer park of resident and law enforcement white trash. We have the worst schools and as of 2017-2018 have 'keystone cops' in the minds of people. I value what I worked for and SI and GT are not a good return on my investment. Your post is all about logic and finances. So is mine.

  3. #23
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scott Israel's quiet LOYALTY to Runcie, Osgood and the NAACP pastors is the reason that I don't support his reinstatement and won't vote for him. The ideology disgusts me. Gelin disgusts me. The defenders obviously believe that the public did not come around about who was, and was not, at fault with regard to MSD. They have. There is a huge camp who do not blame the Sheriff for MSD, believe that he WAS scapegoated, and still do not support his return. There's a lot to consider here. When traveling, it's not unusual to be asked " Is that coward Sheriff still there?" The show COPS in the 80's put Broward on the map as a giant trailer park of resident and law enforcement white trash. We have the worst schools and as of 2017-2018 have 'keystone cops' in the minds of people. I value what I worked for and SI and GT are not a good return on my investment. Your post is all about logic and finances. So is mine.
    I'm so sorry Israel. I wrote this and apologize. I'm the coward. I should have flown my helicopter and went in. I was in the bathroom and doing number 2. Scott Israel is a great Sheriff and we all welcome his return.

  4. #24
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scott Israel's quiet LOYALTY to Runcie, Osgood and the NAACP pastors is the reason that I don't support his reinstatement and won't vote for him. The ideology disgusts me. Gelin disgusts me. The defenders obviously believe that the public did not come around about who was, and was not, at fault with regard to MSD. They have. There is a huge camp who do not blame the Sheriff for MSD, believe that he WAS scapegoated, and still do not support his return. There's a lot to consider here. When traveling, it's not unusual to be asked " Is that coward Sheriff still there?" The show COPS in the 80's put Broward on the map as a giant trailer park of resident and law enforcement white trash. We have the worst schools and as of 2017-2018 have 'keystone cops' in the minds of people. I value what I worked for and SI and GT are not a good return on my investment. Your post is all about logic and finances. So is mine.
    So, if YOU do not like or approve of someone, it is perfectly all right to unjustly railroad them out of their job. Got it. Whether or not the public believes the lies spread about MSDHS and votes for or against Israel in 2020, is one issue. However, Israel should NEVER have been suspended. There ws no real evidence to support it. Other actors, having considerably more responsibility for the shooting, were given a pass. Israel was a political scapegoat to benefit the local political machine and the incoming governor. In the interests of justice, Israel should be reinstated. We will see if politics or justice is triumphant there. Whether you, or anyone else votes for Israel in 2020, is a personal choice.

    By the way, I travel the country constantly and have discussed this with many LEOs. Almost to a person, they are under the impression that the entire sheriff's office cowered in the parking lot while listening to the shooting inside the building. You can thank the fake news media for that. However, when you trot out the real timeline, they suddenly reverse their opinion. While they still maintain that Dep. Peterson should probably, or definitely, have entered and made an attempt to locate the shooter, or shooters [as do I], they almost all agree that the situation was far outside the responsibility and control of the Sheriff and most agree that if anyone should have been suspended, it should have been the BCSB.

  5. #25
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scott Israel's quiet LOYALTY to Runcie, Osgood and the NAACP pastors is the reason that I don't support his reinstatement and won't vote for him. The ideology disgusts me. Gelin disgusts me. The defenders obviously believe that the public did not come around about who was, and was not, at fault with regard to MSD. They have. There is a huge camp who do not blame the Sheriff for MSD, believe that he WAS scapegoated, and still do not support his return. There's a lot to consider here. When traveling, it's not unusual to be asked " Is that coward Sheriff still there?" The show COPS in the 80's put Broward on the map as a giant trailer park of resident and law enforcement white trash. We have the worst schools and as of 2017-2018 have 'keystone cops' in the minds of people. I value what I worked for and SI and GT are not a good return on my investment. Your post is all about logic and finances. So is mine.
    That about sums it up. Ron DeSantis made political decisions to serve himself. SI made political decisions (Peraza, firing 28, etc) to serve himself. So he was elected by the people, big deal. So was DeSantis.
    Pay him his salary with back pay up till Nov. 2020 and be done with it. His face makes people think of dead children and Robert Runcie.

  6. #26
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Blah, blah,blah ,blah,blah

  7. #27
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That about sums it up. Ron DeSantis made political decisions to serve himself. SI made political decisions (Peraza, firing 28, etc) to serve himself. So he was elected by the people, big deal. So was DeSantis.
    Pay him his salary with back pay up till Nov. 2020 and be done with it. His face makes people think of dead children and Robert Runcie.
    Scotty doesn't deserve one dime of that money since he pandered to the school board and lessened repercussions of criminal wrongdoings in schools and juveniles on the street in Broward. FU<K THAT GUY!!! HE'S A PUTZ, AT BEST. He's gotta pension already so who cares??? Oh, his cheerleaders do. Sorry. I seem to have forgotten about those few.
    If you lived within your means Scotty, you wouldn't have to be staying up all night spewing your bull$#!t. You'll never be elected again so just give it up you putz. Sianara dousche.

  8. #28
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That about sums it up. Ron DeSantis made political decisions to serve himself. SI made political decisions (Peraza, firing 28, etc) to serve himself. So he was elected by the people, big deal. So was DeSantis.
    Pay him his salary with back pay up till Nov. 2020 and be done with it. His face makes people think of dead children and Robert Runcie.
    You people are a hoot. Israel was elected by the people. This is a big deal. It is the entire deal. An elected sheriff was suspended by the governor on the flimsiest of evidence, some of it fabricated. He was suspended for incidents which he had no control over. So, a single elected official unilaterally overturned the will of the people for his own political gain. And, you are fine with that. Why bother to hold elections at all? Let's just elect a Governor and have him appoint and remove other constitutional officers at whim. What a maroon.,

    Now about the MSDHS shooting incident. Let me refresh your obviously failing memory. 11 people were dead, BEFORE any member of the BSO even knew that there was a shooter on campus. !! out of 17 dead and the Sheriff's Office did not even know anything was going on. 6 more dead as the third deputy arrived on scene. And, 3 school employees saw the shooter on campus, with what was easily recognizable as a rifle case, knew him, knew he was expelled, knew he was a troublemaker and not one called the office on his radio and notified them. The only reason why Israel would make people think of dead children is because the media, the parents and the political establishment lied and portrayed him as being responsible for the shooting.

    As for Robert Runcie, forget about seeing him gone. If enough people really cared, sufficient pressure could have been brought to bear on the BCSB to terminate him. That did not happen, because the goals of the media, the parents and the politicians were accomplished by the suspension of Israel. Now, everyone feels safe and it will never happen again, even though NO significant security upgrades have been put in place in Broward County schools. Everyone can feel free to put their heads back into the sand and forget it ever happened.

  9. #29
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You people are a hoot. Israel was elected by the people. This is a big deal. It is the entire deal. An elected sheriff was suspended by the governor on the flimsiest of evidence, some of it fabricated. He was suspended for incidents which he had no control over. So, a single elected official unilaterally overturned the will of the people for his own political gain. And, you are fine with that. Why bother to hold elections at all? Let's just elect a Governor and have him appoint and remove other constitutional officers at whim. What a maroon.,

    Now about the MSDHS shooting incident. Let me refresh your obviously failing memory. 11 people were dead, BEFORE any member of the BSO even knew that there was a shooter on campus. !! out of 17 dead and the Sheriff's Office did not even know anything was going on. 6 more dead as the third deputy arrived on scene. And, 3 school employees saw the shooter on campus, with what was easily recognizable as a rifle case, knew him, knew he was expelled, knew he was a troublemaker and not one called the office on his radio and notified them. The only reason why Israel would make people think of dead children is because the media, the parents and the political establishment lied and portrayed him as being responsible for the shooting.

    As for Robert Runcie, forget about seeing him gone. If enough people really cared, sufficient pressure could have been brought to bear on the BCSB to terminate him. That did not happen, because the goals of the media, the parents and the politicians were accomplished by the suspension of Israel. Now, everyone feels safe and it will never happen again, even though NO significant security upgrades have been put in place in Broward County schools. Everyone can feel free to put their heads back into the sand and forget it ever happened.
    You're a chapter behind and defending news from months ago. Here's an idea. Why don't you put Amy and friends in 2020 campaign shirts and have her photo bomb Sarah Leonardi at her rally, planting a seed that she and her supporters are behind Israel. Oh wait.... you already did that. Epic fail. An email went out to about 5000 people to clarify some facts this morning.

  10. #30
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You people are a hoot. Israel was elected by the people. This is a big deal. It is the entire deal. An elected sheriff was suspended by the governor on the flimsiest of evidence, some of it fabricated. He was suspended for incidents which he had no control over. So, a single elected official unilaterally overturned the will of the people for his own political gain. And, you are fine with that. Why bother to hold elections at all? Let's just elect a Governor and have him appoint and remove other constitutional officers at whim. What a maroon.,

    Now about the MSDHS shooting incident. Let me refresh your obviously failing memory. 11 people were dead, BEFORE any member of the BSO even knew that there was a shooter on campus. !! out of 17 dead and the Sheriff's Office did not even know anything was going on. 6 more dead as the third deputy arrived on scene. And, 3 school employees saw the shooter on campus, with what was easily recognizable as a rifle case, knew him, knew he was expelled, knew he was a troublemaker and not one called the office on his radio and notified them. The only reason why Israel would make people think of dead children is because the media, the parents and the political establishment lied and portrayed him as being responsible for the shooting.

    As for Robert Runcie, forget about seeing him gone. If enough people really cared, sufficient pressure could have been brought to bear on the BCSB to terminate him. That did not happen, because the goals of the media, the parents and the politicians were accomplished by the suspension of Israel. Now, everyone feels safe and it will never happen again, even though NO significant security upgrades have been put in place in Broward County schools. Everyone can feel free to put their heads back into the sand and forget it ever happened.
    Last sunday service my pastor read this same explanation those same words in church and did the same thing the sunday before that and it come up again at wensday night bible study. why he doing that? Church down the road in DB say the same thing. Do he think that we dumb? or is because he afraid that we will pick a black dude on election day? Maybe we don't want to be used by none of y'all. Save your talk about politics for your damn front porch. I don't go to church to hear about politics and won't be voting for neither a yous either. POLLACK 2020. That who im voting for

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •