Puzzle me this.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    good reply. so a new vehicle issued to EVERY officer and detective and admin , this is not a benefit, right. It does not take at least two hours to transport and process at the county jail. Which one is not knowing what I am talking about ????????
    You are mistating facts! Fake news!! Every officer, detective and admin DO NOT have new vehicles. My car has over 100,000 miles on it. So when I'm running code to help you just say a prayer!!

Unregistered
    Because you still live in the past. Vehicles today are not the same back when you were a cop. Oh and The officer with the fuzz behind his ear, he is protecting the citizens of North Port including you so instead of shaking your head at him, thank him.

No vehicle should EVER be kept for 170,000 miles EVER! With the amount of wear and tear we put on our vehicles they should be replaced every five years. Just because what was done in the past doesn't mean it was right.
    The Crown Vics we just got rid of had 100,000 to 140,000 and they were dropping like flies. Our vehicles need to work everytime we turn the key. We depend on it. The SUVs are the vehicles of today's world especially with all the equipment and technology that they keep putting in our vehicles so that we can do our job effectively. I applaud our city for creating a rotation plan for our first responder vehicles.
    I am sure he is a great guy and no offense but If I have a cat stuck in a tree or a noise disturbance I will call you. My point is we are buying brand new cars for brand new people. Makes no sense. Money being wasted.

Unregistered
    You obviously never served in management or maybe been a cop a long time ago because what you say makes no sense. As a vehicle as ages, repair bill go up. Secondly resale value goes down. SUV police vehicles are commanding a much higher return at auction than the old traditional police vehicle. The Indianapolis plan has been studied over and over and has been proven to cost savings. Vehicles assigned to one officer have a better life span than those that are shared. The cars are not only taken better care of, but those that cause damage or neglect their assigned vehicle can be easily identified vs pool cars. Most major agencies have a policy of end of life for patrol vehicles of 100,000 miles or less. Go read some of the studies.
    You should really get out more. The "Indianapolis Plan" you are talking about was conducted over a two decades ago. Cars have changed. Matter of fact if you read this article the agency that started it all with take home cars has now made each of their officers and firefighters pay $65.00 per month to do so.

https://www.wthr.com/article/public-...equired-to-pay

Look pal I know you want a nice new police car, but really what do you care about the resale? Just answer your next call. Who gives a shit about those cars? We are not in the used car business, we are in the crime fighting business. My neighbor has a new Ford Explorer too. She carries her kids to soccer games and shit. Yours just has a worse paint job and stickers. I know that you think the Ford Explorer has always had such a high re-sale value (wrong again) terrible history and terrible value. So don't think people a waiting in line to buy shot out cops cars.

We had a guy that we worked with everyone knew him and also knew that he was scared to get "his" car dirty. That attitude "my car" almost got a good officer killed during a fight. He did not want to drive his car down a dirt path to help the Deputy so he got out and walked. That is how we all remember him. Point is that is not "your" car brother it is disposable like a flashlight battery.

I would much rather so you earn more money than get issued a new car. Let's put that money towards your take home pay and quit worrying about cars.

I will agree with one poster who stated that we need a transport van and transport officer for the city. Wise investment and that may make arrest rates increase. We need that more than a tank.

Unregistered
    You should really get out more. The "Indianapolis Plan" you are talking about was conducted over a two decades ago. Cars have changed. Matter of fact if you read this article the agency that started it all with take home cars has now made each of their officers and firefighters pay $65.00 per month to do so.

https://www.wthr.com/article/public-...equired-to-pay

Look pal I know you want a nice new police car, but really what do you care about the resale? Just answer your next call. Who gives a shit about those cars? We are not in the used car business, we are in the crime fighting business. My neighbor has a new Ford Explorer too. She carries her kids to soccer games and shit. Yours just has a worse paint job and stickers. I know that you think the Ford Explorer has always had such a high re-sale value (wrong again) terrible history and terrible value. So don't think people a waiting in line to buy shot out cops cars.

We had a guy that we worked with everyone knew him and also knew that he was scared to get "his" car dirty. That attitude "my car" almost got a good officer killed during a fight. He did not want to drive his car down a dirt path to help the Deputy so he got out and walked. That is how we all remember him. Point is that is not "your" car brother it is disposable like a flashlight battery.

I would much rather so you earn more money than get issued a new car. Let's put that money towards your take home pay and quit worrying about cars.

I will agree with one poster who stated that we need a transport van and transport officer for the city. Wise investment and that may make arrest rates increase. We need that more than a tank.
    First of all, I not your "pal." Secondly, I am a retired LEO administrator who retired to North Port. I have never work or have been affiliated with North Port PD.

If you have done your research you will find that yes agencies are keeping cars longer since the Indianapolis plan study. Most agencies still do not or should not keep cars with high mileage. Safety and maintenance cost are two very big reasons.

You mention North Port PD should not be in the used car business. What do you think happens to the vehicles law enforcement age cues get rid of? Do they drop them off at the dump? No, if you ever had been in government administration you would know these things. Law enforcement sends vehicles to auction. You dont have to be in government to know the resale value of Trucks and SUV are typically greatly higher than that of sedans. I served in one of the largest LE agencies in the country where one of our districts had more cars than your entire police force so I know what I am talking about.

Unregistered
    First of all, I not your "pal." Secondly, I am a retired LEO administrator who retired to North Port. I have never work or have been affiliated with North Port PD.

If you have done your research you will find that yes agencies are keeping cars longer since the Indianapolis plan study. Most agencies still do not or should not keep cars with high mileage. Safety and maintenance cost are two very big reasons.

You mention North Port PD should not be in the used car business. What do you think happens to the vehicles law enforcement age cues get rid of? Do they drop them off at the dump? No, if you ever had been in government administration you would know these things. Law enforcement sends vehicles to auction. You dont have to be in government to know the resale value of Trucks and SUV are typically greatly higher than that of sedans. I served in one of the largest LE agencies in the country where one of our districts had more cars than your entire police force so I know what I am talking about.

Ahh no you and me we are pals believe it. Your agency was in the used car business? Must have made tons of cash on all those sweet high mileage cops cars. How much more does an suv fetch vs a 4door sedan? What kind of bank roll we talking about admin guy? When you sold all 200 of those cars how much did you get? By the way what was the agency budget for cars?

Unregistered
    You are mistating facts! Fake news!! Every officer, detective and admin DO NOT have new vehicles. My car has over 100,000 miles on it. So when I'm running code to help you just say a prayer!!
    If you have a vehicle with over 100k on It, it has to be a Tahoe, which were purchased what three yrs ago, a lot of mileage for a three yr old veh.... I am sure they offered you one of the cars left by the departing officers, but hey that was your choice. The ****s have leased cars and maybe not everyone at this point has one simply because of the recent unnecessary stripping of patrol and the infusion of new ****s in CID. ( **** slang 4 detective)There are what 116 vehs in the dept with less than 100 officers, you do the math. Ps lessen the rhetoric on running code. You wouldn't have that problem with shift cars that are replaced every two years and save the taxpayers millions. lets speak of money saved, how much has the PD saved in the vacant positions this year, has to be near a million, where is this money???Now CM wants four more officers for West Villages, really, ok how about four for Atwater, or the grid, you know where they are actually needed... he wants 4 more officers for traffic, really, then four unmarked ghost vehs for traffic, I live/work here where are all those speeders that we need all these traffic officers, remember 75 is trooper and sheriffs responsibility. The more money pumped into this dept, the more they will spend. There has been zero accountability as to where the entire 14 million went this year, now they want more. Just remember the person running the show has only a HS education, step up from KV, but still no financial education and his business manager has none either. Accountability !!!!!!!!
    PS fake news Lessen the rheteroic on running code. its against dept SOP to drive recklessly or speed in a city Veh, now that you made your statement, be careful, Liability is a bit$h....

Unregistered
    If you have a vehicle with over 100k on It, it has to be a Tahoe, which were purchased what three yrs ago, a lot of mileage for a three yr old veh.... I am sure they offered you one of the cars left by the departing officers, but hey that was your choice. The ****s have leased cars and maybe not everyone at this point has one simply because of the recent unnecessary stripping of patrol and the infusion of new ****s in CID. ( **** slang 4 detective)There are what 116 vehs in the dept with less than 100 officers, you do the math. Ps lessen the rhetoric on running code. You wouldn't have that problem with shift cars that are replaced every two years and save the taxpayers millions. lets speak of money saved, how much has the PD saved in the vacant positions this year, has to be near a million, where is this money???Now CM wants four more officers for West Villages, really, ok how about four for Atwater, or the grid, you know where they are actually needed... he wants 4 more officers for traffic, really, then four unmarked ghost vehs for traffic, I live/work here where are all those speeders that we need all these traffic officers, remember 75 is trooper and sheriffs responsibility. The more money pumped into this dept, the more they will spend. There has been zero accountability as to where the entire 14 million went this year, now they want more. Just remember the person running the show has only a HS education, step up from KV, but still no financial education and his business manager has none either. Accountability !!!!!!!!
    PS fake news Lessen the rheteroic on running code. its against dept SOP to drive recklessly or speed in a city Veh, now that you made your statement, be careful, Liability is a bit$h....
    You obviously dont work for NPPD or have ever been a cop and are absolutely clueless.

Unregistered
    This police department has to stop buying cars. The report today stated that each car cost 51,000 outfitted? I really think that the city can shave some cost by cutting back on these fancy cars. The tank thing is just preposterous. If the commission allows that thing to be purchased they are lacking proper fiscal responsibility. We need to do a study and find out what other agency around us use, how much they spent, and then open it up for a proper bid. This swat unit is silly and a liability time to put away.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

PD at Budget workshop

Watched the PD portion of the Budget Workshop held yesterday. If anyone life is as sad as mine and want watch, PDstarts one hour in and lasts roughly an hour.

1. the Armored Vehicle is being rebranded.. it is now an Armored Rescue Vehicle.
    2. Vanessa doesn't like Ford's and we heard about it again and again.
    3. Vanessa knows ATVs apparently and she is pushing back on replacing the 2007 Suzuki. She wants proof from Fleet that it has been as problematic as was described.
    4. Vanessa prefers side by side versus a tv even if it costs more.
    5. Vanessa wants the Armored Rescue Vehicle before school starts. while she acknowledged its about officer safety, Children safety at school is so critical.
    6. Vanessa didnt ask to see the history of need of the Bearcat.
    7. Morales explained SPD did our high water patrolling in the aftermath of Irma.
    8. Morales talked about PD building capacity and we are moving forward with design of expansion.
    9. Property and evidence stressed and at capacity of 32k pieces of evidence.
    10. Autos have to be kept for 100 years.. Yikes! Did talk to someone about stack parking..
    11. Expect to have 200 sworn officers in 10 years.
    12. 1500 sq ft sub station in WV FD.
    13. Vanessa raked the Sheriffs office.. for not providing services.
    14. Vanessa asked about holding cells, Chris seemed reticent.. A/C is problematic.. also spoke about it requiring medical staff. will look at it.
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 06-06-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Unregistered
    You obviously dont work for NPPD or have ever been a cop and are absolutely clueless.
    You keep repeating this but you never ever provide proof to the contrary, really obvious, you should be a detective then you wouldn't need brains, just lips, smouchy smouchy Fake news ,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast