Chief Applicant Finalist - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't feel bad. The last 4 candidates found out via Facebook. Peter Lear is a bean counter not a leader. Stephanie you can keep believing in him but in the end you will be disappointed.
    Well we agree to disagree for now. I have had my frustrations with Pete but never once has he failed to live up to his words to me. I also recognize just how vulnerable the City has been during his first year. I may be disappointed at some point but until that day, I refuse to put him in the DRC column.

Unregistered
    looks like Kitzerow is just shopping for a new job. We need someone that wants to be in North Port and vested in the community. This job and the city manager job with Jupiter where he serves as Chief.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...arch/97890064/

Unregistered
    Looks like he's looking for a retirement home. NOT what we as a city need or we as a department want.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2907356]looks like Kitzerow is just shopping for a new job. We need someone that wants to be in North Port and vested in the community. This job and the city manager job with Jupiter where he serves as Chief.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...arch/97890064/[/QUOTE]

Unregistered

Smelling the Coffee

Yep, you're getting it now kids. Vespia+Lear+Kitzerow=Morales Why do you think the pay range increased in the second search? Because Kitzerow was making too much at Jupiter. With the new pay range he will be golden, collect for a couple years and turn it over to CM. This was the plan when they decided they didn't one of the last candidates to come in and hamstring their boy CM. CM would be ruined if a strong chief came in.

Truth

Unregistered
    Yep, you're getting it now kids. Vespia+Lear+Kitzerow=Morales Why do you think the pay range increased in the second search? Because Kitzerow was making too much at Jupiter. With the new pay range he will be golden, collect for a couple years and turn it over to CM. This was the plan when they decided they didn't one of the last candidates to come in and hamstring their boy CM. CM would be ruined if a strong chief came in.

Truth
    Not that I think your right, but If you even were, I'm good with that equation and so are many of us here. We as an agency are making positive changes these past few months and even though our raises weren't exactly what we were hoping before, it's better than what it was. Hopefully the new Chief will have an idea on how to put us back in our steps.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Shameful.

looks like Kitzerow is just shopping for a new job. We need someone that wants to be in North Port and vested in the community. This job and the city manager job with Jupiter where he serves as Chief.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...arch/97890064/
    This analysis is missing an important fact. There are only a limited number of Police Chief Openings. So it is not surprising to see the same names appearing in more than 1 application process. Are they suppose to give up because of 87 applicants they werent selected? Where cop openings are in high demand with lotsa of opportunity in virtually every department, a Chiefs opportunity is much more limited and the competition is much stiffer.

The discussion is really disappointing here. I would expect yall to be discussing the relevant portions of their resumes. You know like their work histories, their accomplishments, their struggles.. even google provides insight. Which applicant is best fit to remediate NPPD? A
    ll I hear are the pro Morales vs con Morales guys spinning and projecting the future. Neither argument matters, vetting the candidates and providing meaningful feedback might actually get you to the candidate you want.

Further to disrespect these men is unbecoming, shame on you.
    One's birth year is irrelevant. These men have served and protected for decades. They are doing the same job as each of you.. coming up through the ranks. They deserve your respect.

(My apologies to the applicants for the disrespectful little boyz. Clearly, we have respect issues and many are in need of a refresher course in the Officer Code of Conduct. Thus, the need for New Leaders. Thank you for applying.)

Unregistered
    Not that I think your right, but If you even were, I'm good with that equation and so are many of us here. We as an agency are making positive changes these past few months and even though our raises weren't exactly what we were hoping before, it's better than what it was. Hopefully the new Chief will have an idea on how to put us back in our steps.
    47 grand to start and top end of 70 grand plus a new take home car is not enough for you !!!!!!
    This is a dept where you can become Chief with a tenth grade education and GED's are the norm.

DannyLedonne
    I am the publisher of Watching Adams and a former faculty member at Adams State University. Paul Grohowski engaged in highly questionable practices in banning me from campus without due process, leading to a lawsuit filed on my behalf by the ACLU of Colorado.

In serving me a no trespass order to my home, Grohowski demonstrated little knowledge of the circumstances of my unlawful deprivation of 1st and 14th Amendment rights. Grohowski also erroneously claimed ASU is not a public university but a private campus owned by shareholders to which the public had no right to access. Subsequently, Grohowski engaged in libelous and defamatory behavior in attempting to justify the ban from campus and allowed the university president to falsely claim I was on a state police watch list... when no such list exists.

I cannot overstate how unqualified and ill-prepared Grohowski is to serve the public in law enforcement, in any capacity, given his egregious conduct in my case.

- Danny Ledonne, MFA

Unregistered
    I believe Todd Garrison should be the choice for NP. He has family here and this is the only position he has applied too. Though he is young(er), he has a lot of experience. I also found he worked for a PD early in his career. While NP is not Lee County, I am told he leads the busiest district in that county, is well respected and looks out for his people. I believe he is a cops cop. Todd is my choice.

Unregistered
    Looks like Kitzerow doesnt care what job or where. We need someone who wants to be in North Port and preferably with some ties or knowledge of the area. Kitzerow was in my top two before I saw this and then his history for applying for other police chiefs jobs and city manager.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/l...ypSlqprDFDDBP/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast