Chief Applicant Finalist - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I landed on Kitzerow as my initial pick as well. I found him holding problematic officers accountable.. enforcing law even when political pressure was brought to bear.. Strong Fair Ethical Educated and Respected.. yup all the things we lacked in last Chief.

one disappointment that no qualified female candidates made the cut.. I haven't looked at the pool so no idea if any women applied or not.
    You would think that the commissioners, most of which are females would ensure Lear gave them a fair break. If none are qualified, then so be it, but, if one is qualified and he passed them over well it would certainly show his colors. Maybe they should release all the candidates names and experience to see who did not make the list. The commissioners should review all the resumes themselves to see if this list was in fact impartial and only the best made the cut without discrimination against females, minorities etc. If there is one thing we all have learned, never trust the good old boys club, they only care about what's in it for them

Unregistered
    Kitzerow was recruited for the position by Vespia and Lear. He will come in for 2 years, retire and hand the agency over to Morales. Jesus people open your eyes. He is a shortimer…..

Unregistered

Not even a notification.

You are going to find that there were people that applied that were equally as qualified if not Moreso for this position and who weren’t even notified that they had been eliminated from the process. You will be amazed when you see the quality of applicants that didn’t even merit a second look.

Unregistered
    Well Kitzerow is in his 60's so that makes sense

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Kitzerow was recruited for the position by Vespia and Lear. He will come in for 2 years, retire and hand the agency over to Morales. Jesus people open your eyes. He is a shortimer…..
    People of North Port, wake up. Believe it or not there is a conspiracy here to place Morales in the Police Chief Position. Peter Lear is going to appoint a short timer so VC's pick Morales can eventually become the Chief. Enough is just enough here. Peter Lear & VC do not care who is the right candidate, political cronyism at its worst. This whole process is just a mere smoke screen as was the last candidate process. Lear has wasted our time and tax dollars. North Port is no longer Mayberry, it is growing in leaps and bounds we can no longer let our elected and appointed city officials skirt there responsibilities and choose the favored sons over the more qualified candidates. The era of ignoring the publics wants and wishes is just about over in NP. We have an election coming up. We need to find out where the new candidates stand on these matters and if elected will they change the way this city is run. If a short timer chief is picked then Lear should lose his job. Not demoted or reassigned, FIRED. A short timer chief will be a lame duck chief and things here will just stay status quo. Morales will get his tank, the favored sons will get there bashing in and there will continue to be zero accountability and ethics.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    People of North Port, wake up. Believe it or not there is a conspiracy here to place Morales in the Police Chief Position. Peter Lear is going to appoint a short timer so VC's pick Morales can eventually become the Chief. Enough is just enough here. Peter Lear & VC do not care who is the right candidate, political cronyism at its worst. This whole process is just a mere smoke screen as was the last candidate process. Lear has wasted our time and tax dollars. North Port is no longer Mayberry, it is growing in leaps and bounds we can no longer let our elected and appointed city officials skirt there responsibilities and choose the favored sons over the more qualified candidates. The era of ignoring the publics wants and wishes is just about over in NP. We have an election coming up. We need to find out where the new candidates stand on these matters and if elected will they change the way this city is run. If a short timer chief is picked then Lear should lose his job. Not demoted or reassigned, FIRED. A short timer chief will be a lame duck chief and things here will just stay status quo. Morales will get his tank, the favored sons will get there bashing in and there will continue to be zero accountability and ethics.
    Lets dont borrow trouble yet. Lets vet the candidates and make sure Mr Lear gets yalls feedback so that he at least is aware of some of your voices, our voices. I do think he is listening and trying to make the right choices.

Otherwise:

• Chief Kharma cometh soon. (Can I get an Amen!?)
    • Assistant Chief cometh that is not named Morales
    • The Armored Vehicle being sold as an immediate need, doesnt appear to be so, considering minimal use during the past 4 calendar years (2014-2017) #ONCE
    • We are without a Chief, Assistant Chief, Commander, Sargent, Supervisor.
    • We have 21 open positions.
    • 17 of those positions are sworn.
    • 8 of the 134 filled positions are Cadets.
    • They are not likely to be of much relief until they make it through school and Field training.

We have an immediate #Need that has zero to do with a 200K shiny toy to be trotted out once or twice a year. It is called rebuilding staff. If Chief Kharma comes in and determines that the A/V is a Need then we should pursue. In the meantime, we should continue with SSO support when needed for Armored Vehicle.

Unregistered
    You are going to find that there were people that applied that were equally as qualified if not Moreso for this position and who weren’t even notified that they had been eliminated from the process. You will be amazed when you see the quality of applicants that didn’t even merit a second look.
    Likely old has-beens that left their agencies on bad terms or was a poor leader that led to money and property missing.

Unregistered

Never notified

I would like to thank this forum, I was in the running for chief and still haven't heard a word that I was not selected after the second round of guestioning. I truly wish that North Port appoints someone who will make a real difference. Keep the faith and you never know whomever is appointed might just be what your agency needs to grow in a positive direction. Good luck and may you all stay safe protecting your community. For the citizens on this site I hope the new Chief listens to your concerns; not listen just to respond but listen to learn what is needed to make North Port a great place to live. Good luck all

Unregistered
    I would like to thank this forum, I was in the running for chief and still haven't heard a word that I was not selected after the second round of guestioning. I truly wish that North Port appoints someone who will make a real difference. Keep the faith and you never know whomever is appointed might just be what your agency needs to grow in a positive direction. Good luck and may you all stay safe protecting your community. For the citizens on this site I hope the new Chief listens to your concerns; not listen just to respond but listen to learn what is needed to make North Port a great place to live. Good luck all
    Don't feel bad. The last 4 candidates found out via Facebook. Peter Lear is a bean counter not a leader. Stephanie you can keep believing in him but in the end you will be disappointed.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Thank you for applying, sorry we screwed the pooch on notifications, again. Interested in some pro bono investigative work for a good cause? LOL

Surprising that you werent notified because that is why our PIO said they were holding up my PRR record request for the resumes. The reality is Josh wanted to get his Press release together and delivered to the press BEFORE they fulfilled my week old request. I got the resumes and hour AFTER Fox4 put up the PIOs watered down summaries up on their site. Apparently tv reporting has been reduced to airing what is fed by the storytellers and little interest in the important details that will lead to a decision that affects a lot of folks. Not me and my selfish want out of this.. it is much bigger than restoring my trust.

The choice for our next Chief will have serious and long term effects on each of us. This is not just NPPD or CCSO.. it is all law enforcement agencies. The way to alleviate some of the Cop Bashing, is start eliminating those that abuse their authority. THAT will take strong leaders who realize one doesnt cure an ail by applying a soft spin on the story so the broader public is pacified. It is about integrity and living up to the Officer Code of Conduct. Mistakes happen and that requires training and guidance from senior officers but repeatable demonstrable problematic behaviors should never be swept under the cover of a dirty rotten rug.

For me, this is about fixing what is a broken organization. THAT statement is not a reflection of the men and women that were subjected to it. Instead, a direct result of feckless leaders who stoodby and did nothing while it went on and on and on and on an on... That responsibility is not limited to the Pink Castle.. there is plenty of pink at City Hall that failed to do their jobs.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast