Chief Applicant Finalist
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Chief Applicant Finalist

Looking through the info you posted Stephanie and doing quick google searches yielded alarming information on Paul Grohowski. His last chief job lasted only 10 months with him resigning. The job before that as chief lasted only 18 months. Both were at small colleges. He he had a major issue at Port St Lucie PD and his highest rank their was a Lieutenant. Red flags on this guy. I included emails links.

https://www.noozhawk.com/article/han..._chief_resigns

https://watchingadams.org/news/asu-p...owski-resigns/

https://www.sahuaritasun.com/news/po...c5d38ec5b.html

Ralph Anthony lasted only 17 months in his Deputy Chief Job at Tampa Airport. The Chief who hired him also worked with Ralph Anthony at Naples PD.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...p-down/2310830

Frank Kitzerow is the longtime chief of Jupiter. Only negative thing I found was he was recently sued by his HOA for not paying his dues and lost in court. Has a good resume

Todd Garrison is currently the Captain in Lee County. I could not find anything negative on him.

Kitzerow and Garrison have been with their agencies for the longest. Kitzerow at 13 years and Garrison for 24 years. Both would probably do well and have good resumes.

Unregistered
    Frank Kitzerow will be the next Chief of Police, he is very well respected by the citizens, and troops with a graduate degree. Overall much better finalist list than the last batch, thanks for 2nd search!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Frank Kitzerow will be the next Chief of Police, he is very well respected by the citizens, and troops with a graduate degree. Overall much better finalist list than the last batch, thanks for 2nd search!!!
    Kitzerow has a good resume. Not sure why he is wanting to leave a job that pays much more than NPPD? He is also in his 60's. I think we need new blood but also someone younger that potentially understands the challenges and will be around for a while.

Unregistered
    Looking through the info you posted Stephanie and doing quick google searches yielded alarming information on Paul Grohowski. His last chief job lasted only 10 months with him resigning. The job before that as chief lasted only 18 months. Both were at small colleges. He he had a major issue at Port St Lucie PD and his highest rank their was a Lieutenant. Red flags on this guy. I included emails links.

https://www.noozhawk.com/article/han..._chief_resigns

https://watchingadams.org/news/asu-p...owski-resigns/

https://www.sahuaritasun.com/news/po...c5d38ec5b.html

Ralph Anthony lasted only 17 months in his Deputy Chief Job at Tampa Airport. The Chief who hired him also worked with Ralph Anthony at Naples PD.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...p-down/2310830

Frank Kitzerow is the longtime chief of Jupiter. Only negative thing I found was he was recently sued by his HOA for not paying his dues and lost in court. Has a good resume

Todd Garrison is currently the Captain in Lee County. I could not find anything negative on him.

Kitzerow and Garrison have been with their agencies for the longest. Kitzerow at 13 years and Garrison for 24 years. Both would probably do well and have good resumes.

I believe out of the 4, Kitzerow will be the best choice. Garrison is at Lee County With his highest rank held as a Captain. First off, Sherrifs Offices are a completely different animal than a City PD so I don't believe he has the experience or direction to be an effective Police Chief. Secondly, his only experience is with this one agency, so he will bring all their practices to NP, and I think we can all agree that LCSO's practices are questionable at best.

My vote is for Kitzerow.

Unregistered
    I believe out of the 4, Kitzerow will be the best choice. Garrison is at Lee County With his highest rank held as a Captain. First off, Sherrifs Offices are a completely different animal than a City PD so I don't believe he has the experience or direction to be an effective Police Chief. Secondly, his only experience is with this one agency, so he will bring all their practices to NP, and I think we can all agree that LCSO's practices are questionable at best.

My vote is for Kitzerow.
    Actually Garrison does have more than one agency in his experience. Read a little closer. Garrison and Kitzerow would by my top two choices. Don't discount Lee County SO. They have their issues the same as any other agency. Looking at Garrison's resume he worked his way up the ranks and served in a multitude of roles. That is a busy agency and he certainly gained valuable experience. Either would be good. I would rather the younger guy with fresh ideas coming in. We dont need retired on duty coming in.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I landed on Kitzerow as my initial pick as well. I found him holding problematic officers accountable.. enforcing law even when political pressure was brought to bear.. Strong Fair Ethical Educated and Respected.. yup all the things we lacked in last Chief.

one disappointment that no qualified female candidates made the cut.. I haven't looked at the pool so no idea if any women applied or not.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I landed on Kitzerow as my initial pick as well. I found him holding problematic officers accountable.. enforcing law even when political pressure was brought to bear.. Strong Fair Ethical Educated and Respected.. yup all the things we lacked in last Chief.

one disappointment that no qualified female candidates made the cut.. I haven't looked at the pool so no idea if any women applied or not.
    I am interested in meeting/hearing Kitzerow and Garrison speak. Resumes are good but I want to meet and listen to them speak. Those would be my top two choices. Not even sure why Paul Grohowski is even on the list.

Unregistered
    As a disclaimer I will say I worked with Garrison when he was in charge of the Robbery/Auto Theft Unit, definetely a people person, graduate of the FBINA , he is the District Commander of the largest and busiest District in Lee County, he has two brothers that were cops, ,he is well versed and does not like stagnation, always researching other departments to see what the latest trends are and what works and does not work.

Unregistered
    As a disclaimer I will say I worked with Garrison when he was in charge of the Robbery/Auto Theft Unit, definetely a people person, graduate of the FBINA , he is the District Commander of the largest and busiest District in Lee County, he has two brothers that were cops, ,he is well versed and does not like stagnation, always researching other departments to see what the latest trends are and what works and does not work.

That is good info. always valuable to get first hand knowledge!! Thanks for the info. We just want a chief that will lead us but also stand by us.

Unregistered

North Port Police Chief Finalist

As a retired law enforcement officer I would like to put my two cents in..I agree with your final two choices. I strongly think Captain Garrison is the best pick for North Port. He is the youngest with the most experience in different facets in law enforcement. He will be our chief for many more years. His experience with Major League Baseball will be most beneficial. I also believe he would be able to relate to the officers better. Being a Chief for 15 years doesn't make you a better candidate.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast