Chief Applicant Finalist - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is all starting to make sense. Kitzerow wife is also a finalist for Sarasota School Police Chief. The fix is in people. Done deal. I'm calling it now. Both Kitzerow will become chief. One with North Port and the other with the School Police.
    I agree. Stephanie if you don't think these type deals are commonplace you are naïve. Has Lear not proven he will do whatever it take to protect CM? Its a sweetheart deal if it happens. Don't believe it wont. Lear cannot be trusted.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    SSO came to No Po with the Bearcat exactly #ONCE 2014-2017. Now lets count citizen victims of our Thumper and K9 sets. Hmmmm… Body Cameras reduced Citizen complaints and reduces Use of Force. Less incidents, more proof when one of the good guys are railroaded like Ferguson.. and when those who choose to mete out punishment and violate an individuals civil rights.. well then the good guys win as we send the abusers looking for another profession.

Now your turn, make the case that NPPD has an immediate need of this vehicle. If so, why not used surplus vehicle?
    Show emperical data BCs "reduce citizens complaints a reduces use of force."

The NFL has 12 cameras a game, slow motion, freeze frame, reverse angle replay and 10X enlargement. Depending what team you support, determines how you saw the video. There is still no consensus if Dez Howard caught that ball in the end zone.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I have been watching San Diego progress through their process over the past few years as a specific example. I have been following LEO feedback through several outlets. The overwhelmingly agreement seems to be body cameras cause Public Record problems but they are reducing complaints and hands on encounters. Maybe it is all a coincidence.

I agree on the body cameras not being black and white but it is a bit more than Cop Said/Citizen Said events where Tie goes to the LEO. Reviewing Use of Force events will not just be for disciplining but maybe to identify actions or behaviors that could be handled differently. A training tool for a department that will be 6 or 8 yrs rebuilding some of the lost experience. Do you not support Body Cameras? If not why not?

(Still waiting for you to state your case that the $250K Bearcat is an immediate need for NPPD.)

Unregistered

Body Cams

Body cams at my agency, prior to retiring saved more officers from false allegations compared to the footage being used for internal affairs to sustain allegations against officers. Although there are those who do the wrong thing tht is captured on body cams, the majority is complaints that the footage was able to dispute the allegations.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I have been watching San Diego progress through their process over the past few years as a specific example. I have been following LEO feedback through several outlets. The overwhelmingly agreement seems to be body cameras cause Public Record problems but they are reducing complaints and hands on encounters. Maybe it is all a coincidence.

I agree on the body cameras not being black and white but it is a bit more than Cop Said/Citizen Said events where Tie goes to the LEO. Reviewing Use of Force events will not just be for disciplining but maybe to identify actions or behaviors that could be handled differently. A training tool for a department that will be 6 or 8 yrs rebuilding some of the lost experience. Do you not support Body Cameras? If not why not?

(Still waiting for you to state your case that the $250K Bearcat is an immediate need for NPPD.)
    \
    Love Citizens with no law enforcement background advising how to police. How cute. Do more research.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...lice-behavior/

Three Candidate Meet n Greet

Jupiter PD Chief Kitzerow withdrew his application this morning so there were 3 Candidates that met the public tonight.

I liked all three of them, albeit for different reasons. Grohowski
    is also a finalist for the School Board Police Chief job. He has a tactical background and he sounds like a good fit for the school board tall task.

For me, Garrison and Anthony seem better suited to North Port. I can make a solid argument to hire either of them.. if I think just about what I want out of this, I would select one but if I think about North Port long term, I might lean toward the other.

So glad this is Mr Lear's decision, adding him to my prayer list that he chooses the right one for ALL OF US.

Then there were two..

Grohowski was tapped to head up the School Board police dept. Thus, narrowing our field to two, Garrison and Anthony.

Welcome Chief Kharma

I should have popped onto FB first.. decision has been made that Chief Garrison is our new Chief of Police.

and the angels sannnnngggggggg...

Unregistered
    Where is that one guy? The one who said Morales would be chief and his SPD bff would be the queen? Crickets? I would start putting up my shutters because there is a shit storm predicted for the upper management in July. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where is that one guy? The one who said Morales would be chief and his SPD bff would be the queen? Crickets? I would start putting up my shutters because there is a shit storm predicted for the upper management in July. Good luck.
    One guy? There was more than one that said morales would be chief. Suck on it!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast