Chief Applicant Finalist - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I dont understand what Vanessa is doing There is too much not making sense. She is pitching tall tales when she should know otherwise. She wants to fast track the A/V so its ready before school starts.. Yeah that will build trust with our kids. WTF. Kid starts shooting in a classroom, we gonna surround the school and wait for someone to find the keys to A/V or we going in and stop the shooter?

She also submitted an SLA for the PD budget, part-time Victim Advocate. I have to go listen to that again. My understanding the SSO provides this service. She was repeatedly disrespectful of the Sherriff. That aint the way to repair the broken relationship that vespia built No Po...

Another curious piece of hogwash she passed was about Public Records, saying the staff needs training and more conference time. I think both the Clerks office and PD Records staff are plenty knowledgeable. There are process, management and attitude problems.

I think you may underestimate Jill. I had observed and watched her. She is open minded and persuasive when she needs to be. I met her for lunch last weekend. I was happily surprised to find her to be very receptive and very aware of many of our concerns and of the same mind as me, lets fix it.

You keep saying "We" as if you work for North Port PD. You are not part of "We" just as I am not part of "We." You and I wont be looking for keys, responding to an active shooter or setting up a perimeter. The most "We" will do is listen on a scanner, read the news, file public records requests, and last but not least Monday morning quarterback a police tactics/response that you have no training or experience in!!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

It is 'We'...

It is 'We' .. Contrary to popular belief, the PD is part of our government with the sole purpose of enforcing the law. It is 'We' the people who provide dollars to support the PD. I dont do scanners etc. I dont Monday Morning QB that should be the job of PD Admin. I am simply paying attention and pointing the proverbial flashlight to bring awareness of problematic events and processes. It is OUR failure to self police that has caused folks like me to try and effectuate change. I aint here because I wanted to insert myself in policing. I have exactly zero PD knowledge.

So your ' not We' point is what.. We should shut up, take the beatings and mauling as acceptable? I have heard it spouted that Officer So n So has been on 948572398 calls over his 10 year career and only had 1 or 2 complaints. Sooo this means we evaluate the constitutional infringements based on percentage. .. 5000 arrest and only 2 were abused . an insignificant percentage. I have heard this from our last wannabe leader. If I have gone 55 years without ever being arrested and tomorrow I hold up a bank. Do I get a pass too? If so, can I borrow a gun.. I could use some extra cash!

So while you took Morales position of NOT Monday morning QB'ing his officers.. the reality is that is PD Admin's job. Recognize, redirect, retrain, reevaluate policies.. whatever it takes to address the issue. If the officer has a repeating history, cut bait.. and replace with a man or woman who does respect the profession and understands the limits of the power that means the inability to punish dirtbags.. that onus is on the Judicial system. (All that pesky wording that begins.. 'We the people.." matters.)

Instead we have a really nice guy wanting to be everyone's friend but that is NOT his job and exactly why I wouldnt support him stepping into the top cop role at this time. Perfect example is this choreographed dance with Vanessa trying to fast track an A/V. If he finds this to be an immediate need, I have to question his judgement. The irony is that we preach we are moving to the 21st Century Policing Guardian model, all the while beefing up the Warriors. Say one thing. DO another and think We the people aint paying attention.. Too late, We brought this scrutiny onto ourselves.

I hurt Chris's feelings when I suggested this appears to be the Captain shoving through equipment to benefit his org when he returns to Captain role. If he wants morph the very young small SRT team to SWAT, then lets be upfront and honest with what that will actually take and bring it to the dais for decision as to whether 'WE' want to invest in that lofty expense. If 'We' need it, 'We' should fully fund so it can be done right.. this half assing is killing us in the courthouse and it 'We' that pays for it.

I am certain CM will have another opportunity at the Chief role.. once he finishes school, has learned from a strong ethical and Experienced Chief has demonstrated his judgement has evolved.
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 06-08-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Unregistered
    It is 'We' .. Contrary to popular belief, the PD is part of our government with the sole purpose of enforcing the law. It is 'We' the people who provide dollars to support the PD. I dont do scanners etc. I dont Monday Morning QB that should be the job of PD Admin. I am simply paying attention and pointing the proverbial flashlight to bring awareness of problematic events and processes. It is OUR failure to self police that has caused folks like me to try and effectuate change. I aint here because I wanted to insert myself in policing. I have exactly zero PD knowledge.

So your ' not We' point is what.. We should shut up, take the beatings and mauling as acceptable? I have heard it spouted that Officer So n So has been on 948572398 calls over his 10 year career and only had 1 or 2 complaints. Sooo this means we evaluate the constitutional infringements based on percentage. .. 5000 arrest and only 2 were abused . an insignificant percentage. I have heard this from our last wannabe leader. If I have gone 55 years without ever being arrested and tomorrow I hold up a bank. Do I get a pass too? If so, can I borrow a gun.. I could use some extra cash!

So while you took Morales position of NOT Monday morning QB'ing his officers.. the reality is that is PD Admin's job. Recognize, redirect, retrain, reevaluate policies.. whatever it takes to address the issue. If the officer has a repeating history, cut bait.. and replace with a man or woman who does respect the profession and understands the limits of the power that means the inability to punish dirtbags.. that onus is on the Judicial system. (All that pesky wording that begins.. 'We the people.." matters.)

Instead we have a really nice guy wanting to be everyone's friend but that is NOT his job and exactly why I wouldnt support him stepping into the top cop role at this time. Perfect example is this choreographed dance with Vanessa trying to fast track an A/V. If he finds this to be an immediate need, I have to question his judgement. The irony is that we preach we are moving to the 21st Century Policing Guardian model, all the while beefing up the Warriors. Say one thing. DO another and think We the people aint paying attention.. Too late, We brought this scrutiny onto ourselves.

I hurt Chris's feelings when I suggested this appears to be the Captain shoving through equipment to benefit his org when he returns to Captain role. If he wants morph the very young small SRT team to SWAT, then lets be upfront and honest with what that will actually take and bring it to the dais for decision as to whether 'WE' want to invest in that lofty expense. If 'We' need it, 'We' should fully fund so it can be done right.. this half assing is killing us in the courthouse and it 'We' that pays for it.

I am certain CM will have another opportunity at the Chief role.. once he finishes school, has learned from a strong ethical and Experienced Chief has demonstrated his judgement has evolved.
    You missed the point. Your lack of police knowledge and experience makes it difficult, at best, for you to know what the needs are for an armored vehicle. Secondly, you know nothing about responding to active shooters. Having citizens involved with government is absolutely good. You use the words like We when talking of responding to active shooters. You make it sound like you are in the heat of battle or even know what you are talking about.

Fair enough. Im not a cop and I dont understand the specifics of copping. I have never assumed such and anyone paying attention knows I have made that clear again and again. However I can read and I have taken in all voices.

Here is what I do know, is that experts have had issues with NPPDs SRT that KV jammed through because the SSO told us no, when SSO professionals assessed the incident didnt warrant SWAT. His ego got pinched and rather than listening, he knew better. The dept reflects his failures on many many levels, not just the use of force.. Further, the article below has experts further expanding their doubts about the City properly supporting. Then there is the BS narrative we are moving to the Guardian versus Warrior model. However we say one thing and do another. Lastly, those picking up the tab are absolutely part of the equation. You want a SWAT then let the new Chief make the determination, the case and make that part of HIS plan. If it is the right thing, then most certainly he will request such RIGHT? We have managed 60 years with out this Shiney New Toy. Doesnt take a Tactical Command Officer to acknowledge we can wait another year.. or in my view, Until we have the Body cameras on.. then we should not but that is simply a voting taxpayers opinion. Like it or not, I am entitled to such.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...swat-like-team

Unregistered
    This is all starting to make sense. Kitzerow wife is also a finalist for Sarasota School Police Chief. The fix is in people. Done deal. I'm calling it now. Both Kitzerow will become chief. One with North Port and the other with the School Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Kitzerow was recruited for the position by Vespia and Lear. He will come in for 2 years, retire and hand the agency over to Morales. Jesus people open your eyes. He is a shortimer…..
    There is no way this could be true. vespia hasn't the respect of his peers, nor the Leadership to lead a professional Chief around by the nose. I just dont buy it. Maybe one or the other will serve a Asst Chief?
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 06-10-2018 at 03:50 AM.

Unregistered
    Fair enough. Im not a cop and I dont understand the specifics of copping. I have never assumed such and anyone paying attention knows I have made that clear again and again. However I can read and I have taken in all voices.

Here is what I do know, is that experts have had issues with NPPDs SRT that KV jammed through because the SSO told us no, when SSO professionals assessed the incident didnt warrant SWAT. His ego got pinched and rather than listening, he knew better. The dept reflects his failures on many many levels, not just the use of force.. Further, the article below has experts further expanding their doubts about the City properly supporting. Then there is the BS narrative we are moving to the Guardian versus Warrior model. However we say one thing and do another. Lastly, those picking up the tab are absolutely part of the equation. You want a SWAT then let the new Chief make the determination, the case and make that part of HIS plan. If it is the right thing, then most certainly he will request such RIGHT? We have managed 60 years with out this Shiney New Toy. Doesnt take a Tactical Command Officer to acknowledge we can wait another year.. or in my view, Until we have the Body cameras on.. then we should not but that is simply a voting taxpayers opinion. Like it or not, I am entitled to such.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...swat-like-team
    Your points are so inconsistent.

You cry that we haven't had "the shiny new toy" in 60 years so we don't need one now. Then you scream we need body cams, but guess what? We haven't had those in 60 years either.

Unregistered

You cry that we haven't had "the shiny new toy" in 60 years so we don't need one now. Then you scream we need body cams, but guess what? We haven't had those in 60 years either.

I agree. don't you just luv it when someone who hasn't served one day as a leo thinks they know what we need.

SSO came to No Po with the Bearcat exactly #ONCE 2014-2017. Now lets count citizen victims of our Thumper and K9 sets. Hmmmm… Body Cameras reduced Citizen complaints and reduces Use of Force. Less incidents, more proof when one of the good guys are railroaded like Ferguson.. and when those who choose to mete out punishment and violate an individuals civil rights.. well then the good guys win as we send the abusers looking for another profession.

Now your turn, make the case that NPPD has an immediate need of this vehicle. If so, why not used surplus vehicle?
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 06-10-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast