"Our Major and Lt’s are on an informal quest to show the young guys their roots - PATROL, the ROAD. They spend a lot of time helping change flats, working crashes, removing road debris, and using their unmarked cars to the fullest. They can see and catch thing in an unmarked, giving them an opportunity to see and correct problem areas on our roads. They are go-getters and served in the early days, working crashes in their Dodge Polaras or Ford Galaxies. They have it in their blood. They have a saying, and I believe it to be true: “I worked more crashes on my way to and from work than you boys did all week” HoooAhhhhh !!!! These guys piss .223 tracer rounds !!"

Once again funny read! The above is so sad! Most Lt's and above wouldn't know how to even transmit a crash! I think the Col should mandate the brass to work the road once a week! How about a Saturday and give them Sunday and Monday off! They would cry!!! We are so short right now and over have of the FHP is brass and specialty spots! Over half work day shift weekend and holidays off! How can a true LEO agency provide good service like that? Our local SO Lt's and Capts work ALL shifts! The road trooper needs help!! The FHP is still back in the 70's!!