+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
 
  1. #61
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have no dog in this fight. To set the record straight, the above poster is correct...PATROL voted for 12's, NOT the entire agency. Not everyone was afforded the opportunity to vote. My belief...not fact, but belief is the vote went to patrol only because of the age of the patrol division. The upper management knew it would be an easy vote to pass therefore they can say "the agency wanted 12's so it was given to them". which of course is a misrepresentation of facts. The Sheriff gets "cred" for looking out for the troops. It actually costs more money to run 12 hour shifts.
    The way 12s were presented to the jail was to save money during a time of severe budget crisis for the county and the agency. The 12s were implemented after Coats and Gualtieri told jail staff numerous times that 12s would not happen at the jail. The jail had previously voted down 12s on three occasions by 3-1 margins. The jail sucked big time on 8s and now it sucks even more on 12s. Not a bright move on the sheriff's part because decent potential jail recruits run when they hear about the 12s. Anyone with half a brain can get LEO certified and go to SPPD for 8s and 10s, or Pinellas Park which is all 10s. That is why the jail gets the recruit scraps, those desperate for a paycheck. The jail should be on 8s and 10s to make the job more attractive and help recruitment and retention. Morale has been lower than whale dung, pay raises are out of the question so the only way to improve conditions for staff is by getting rid of the 12s.

  2. #62
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The way 12s were presented to the jail was to save money during a time of severe budget crisis for the county and the agency. The 12s were implemented after Coats and Gualtieri told jail staff numerous times that 12s would not happen at the jail. The jail had previously voted down 12s on three occasions by 3-1 margins. The jail sucked big time on 8s and now it sucks even more on 12s. Not a bright move on the sheriff's part because decent potential jail recruits run when they hear about the 12s. Anyone with half a brain can get LEO certified and go to SPPD for 8s and 10s, or Pinellas Park which is all 10s. That is why the jail gets the recruit scraps, those desperate for a paycheck. The jail should be on 8s and 10s to make the job more attractive and help recruitment and retention. Morale has been lower than whale dung, pay raises are out of the question so the only way to improve conditions for staff is by getting rid of the 12s.
    You are an azzhole who does not deserve the privilege of working in the Jail. Where else can a turn key with a GED make $73,000 a year and you say you need more money to be content and stop your whining. STFU!!!!!!

  3. #63
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Good luck pulling a 12 hour shift then going to class, then getting a few hours of sleep because you have to do another 12. That is if you want to get a legitimate degree from an accredited college.

    Lots of degrees in the administration from online diploma mills. Just send your money in and get class credit for life and work experience.
    So college boy, what exactly did you learn in school today that has anything to do with being a cop? My guess is NOTHING. No one but you cares where your diploma came from.

  4. #64
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So college boy, what exactly did you learn in school today that has anything to do with being a cop? My guess is NOTHING. No one but you cares where your diploma came from.
    Learned a lot more from an accredited college than the diploma mill brass.

    12 hour shifts still suck when you actually go to school to get a degree or get LEO certified.

  5. #65
    Unregistered
    Guest
    12 hour shifts are not healthy. They’re great for $$$. When you take off two days and that gives seven in a row, they’re great. But it is a whacky schedule of days. If you work nights you can’t do shit between work days but sleep. If you have court between work days you have to flex, since you have to sleep. It is impossible to take college classes that aren’t online. And your personal life takes a toll. Only the idiots who don’t work it, have never worked it and never will say how great it is. They like to point out you work fewer days. You have every other weekend off. Well thanks for appeasing the rookies. There is no reason Patrol can’t be in tens. Many agencies do it. It could work. And if you ain’t happy working tens, you’ll never be happy.

  6. #66
    Unregistered
    Guest
    12s suck but the rookies like them and that’s all brass care about. They have to keep them happy so they don’t bail and move on

  7. #67
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Let's say you work 12s nights. Your first day off you spend sleeping after your shift. Then you have your evening off and go to sleep that night. You have the next day off and sleep at night. But the next day you have to sleep during the day because you have to work that night. So in reality if you work 12s nights you only get 1 day off, except for the three day weekends when you get only 2 days off.

  8. #68
    Unregistered
    Guest
    12 hour shifts are good for young bucks.

  9. #69
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Let’s say you work day shift. You have to get up at 4am I’d youre an early car. I’m bed by 8pm. Wow that’s valuable family time.

  10. #70
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are an azzhole who does not deserve the privilege of working in the Jail. Where else can a turn key with a GED make $73,000 a year and you say you need more money to be content and stop your whining. STFU!!!!!!
    They say everyone has a price but some people like you wh0re themselves out to Bob really cheap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •