Best county to work in - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Unregistered
    I would say Pasco and Hillsborough because you never see a trooper on the "Highway" actually doing any work so you must be getting paid to do absolutely nothing!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Which counties are the best to work in as a trooper?
    Some are better, some are worse... but they're ALL better when you're working there as a deputy instead.

Unregistered
    I'm thinking of a transfer, I've narrowed down to two places that interest me. Troop D. Deland/Cocoa, Troop C. Pinellas Park.

I don't know anyone from those troops/districts so if anyone can give some pro's & con's (the usual questions everyone always ask) it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not a troll but if you are please try to keep it civil. Thank You.

Unregistered
    I'm thinking of a transfer, I've narrowed down to two places that interest me. Troop D. Deland/Cocoa, Troop C. Pinellas Park.

I don't know anyone from those troops/districts so if anyone can give some pro's & con's (the usual questions everyone always ask) it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not a troll but if you are please try to keep it civil. Thank You.
    Please transfer to Deland! We are super short handed! Big county and SO doesn't work any Sig 4's, but fun county!

Unregistered
    I love Highlands, I wish I had come here years ago. I would probably be a general by now. Even if not, I would be happy. They treat us really well, so we don’t tell a lot of people about it. Hardly anyone knows about our pool at Troop HQ or the cookouts. We have a big privacy fence for a reason. Our pool is nice, too. If you’re not on the clock you can relax, or dip after you work out. Sometimes the DO’s are in their swimsuits, and THAT is a bone-us!!! But we come here to work, so that’s what we do. I log on in the trailer park as I wait for the A/C to start cooling the Ford down, and I catch a call usually, unless it’s slow or I was on mids. Sometimes there are calls holding, this is normal throughout the state. If there isn’t, I go fishing, try to catch someone going 90 or a car load of Peruvian flake trying to make it to Orlando using small roads to avoid detection. We get a lot of those. Pinch them over for dark tint or speeding, then as you approach, they about die of fright. Call K-9 and it’s quick from there. Our LT was working a wreck the other day and uncovered some suspicious material in the back of a car. This stuff had “Adidas” and “Reebok” written on it. I am pretty sure that’s Arabic for “death to the white devil”. He cuffed them and stuffed them, the investigation is on though, this is probably an ISIS cell’s courier. We stay proactive, it’s fun work but you have to pay attention at all times. What could be nothing, is something major, and what you thought was something big was just a broken down motorist or someone lost in their rent a car. We are one big close family. I call our Major “Pappy”. I know if I have any type of issue or know of something that needs to be addressed, I can count on him to sort it out. Usually, I just go to the Lt. he is young, but has the wisdom of a 99 year old and the energy of a 16-year old. We count on one another, we are all we have. We work hard, and play hard, and we do so as a family and an elite unit. I would rather be in a POW camp than leave here!

Unregistered
    I love Highlands, I wish I had come here years ago. I would probably be a general by now. Even if not, I would be happy. They treat us really well, so we don’t tell a lot of people about it. Hardly anyone knows about our pool at Troop HQ or the cookouts. We have a big privacy fence for a reason. Our pool is nice, too. If you’re not on the clock you can relax, or dip after you work out. Sometimes the DO’s are in their swimsuits, and THAT is a bone-us!!! But we come here to work, so that’s what we do. I log on in the trailer park as I wait for the A/C to start cooling the Ford down, and I catch a call usually, unless it’s slow or I was on mids. Sometimes there are calls holding, this is normal throughout the state. If there isn’t, I go fishing, try to catch someone going 90 or a car load of Peruvian flake trying to make it to Orlando using small roads to avoid detection. We get a lot of those. Pinch them over for dark tint or speeding, then as you approach, they about die of fright. Call K-9 and it’s quick from there. Our LT was working a wreck the other day and uncovered some suspicious material in the back of a car. This stuff had “Adidas” and “Reebok” written on it. I am pretty sure that’s Arabic for “death to the white devil”. He cuffed them and stuffed them, the investigation is on though, this is probably an ISIS cell’s courier. We stay proactive, it’s fun work but you have to pay attention at all times. What could be nothing, is something major, and what you thought was something big was just a broken down motorist or someone lost in their rent a car. We are one big close family. I call our Major “Pappy”. I know if I have any type of issue or know of something that needs to be addressed, I can count on him to sort it out. Usually, I just go to the Lt. he is young, but has the wisdom of a 99 year old and the energy of a 16-year old. We count on one another, we are all we have. We work hard, and play hard, and we do so as a family and an elite unit. I would rather be in a POW camp than leave here!
    I just peed my pants!! Dude, you are funny!! "Pappy"? GTFOH!

Unregistered
    Please transfer to Deland! We are super short handed! Big county and SO doesn't work any Sig 4's, but fun county!

Thanks for the response.
    How's the leadership? Strictness doesn't bother me but I'm not a fan of micromanaging. I like working midnights and being proactive.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the response.
    How's the leadership? Strictness doesn't bother me but I'm not a fan of micromanaging. I like working midnights and being proactive.
    Some micromanaging but not as bad as some other areas.

Unregistered
    How about grow a set and with that little bit of experience, quit and get hired with a real LEO agency instead of working accidents and writing tickets. You would definitely make more money and have a better retirement.

Unregistered
    E-Miami
    L-Broward
    K-Plam beach

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456