Boca Raton PD hiring $66k starting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Boca Raton PD hiring $66k starting

Boca Raton PD is hiring current starting salary is $66K with a top salary for an officer of $104K after 9 years. Pension contribution is 11.5% but you can retire in 20 years at 70% or 24 years at 84% (3.5% multiplier). 12 hour shifts, workout on duty, take home cars, and FOP union. Lots of opening for anyone looking to relocate to South Florida.

https://www.myboca.us/1064/Employment-Information

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Boca Raton PD is hiring current starting salary is $66K with a top salary for an officer of $104K after 9 years. Pension contribution is 11.5% but you can retire in 20 years at 70% or 24 years at 84% (3.5% multiplier). 12 hour shifts, workout on duty, take home cars, and FOP union. Lots of opening for anyone looking to relocate to South Florida.

https://www.myboca.us/1064/Employment-Information

C'Mon HCSO. If you adapt these kind of benefits, I doubt you'd be unable to retain deputies anymore. Just Sayin'.

Unregistered
    $1,300 annual uniform allowance
    $1,200 annual crash-free bonus
    Firearms issued
    Annual longevity bonus after 10 years
    On-duty workout program
    20-year pension plan
    A 5-year D.R.O.P
    12-hour shifts

Unregistered

Hidden cost

$1,300 annual uniform allowance
    $1,200 annual crash-free bonus
    Firearms issued
    Annual longevity bonus after 10 years
    On-duty workout program
    20-year pension plan
    A 5-year D.R.O.P
    12-hour shifts
    What's the cost of living in that area? Bet the real estate prices or rent are sky high and will take a big chunk of that $$$. Plus, it's probably a left leaning outfit that will hang you out to dry the first time you ruffle some special interest group's feathers just trying to do your job.

Unregistered
    Cost of living is a bit more than in the Tampa area but it is nothing crazy either. You can live in Palm Beach County or Broward County to take our vehicle home. And complaints you will get everywhere you are as a police officer so I wouldn’t worry much about that.

Unregistered
    Bye, Felicia!!!

Jim O'Hara
    I lived in Boca for 30 years and retired as a Sgt. after 22 years. It is an excellent town/agency. Because of the tax base you will be equipped with the best of everything. Houses are pricey in town, but more reasonable in unincorporated Boca (West) The millage rate is low because of the dollar value of the homes in the area. Plenty of action, but mostly property crimes. You won't be busting your butt unless you want to, however the biggest drawback is dealing with many rich and self-entitled snobs who are quick to complain. For the most part the Admin. is supportive. The FOP is strong,got my stripes after they sought an injunction against the Chief in 1982 ,and if an Officer who ever got fired ,was backed by Union Appeal/Arbitration ,they always got their job back. I highly recommend the Agency and would never have left had it not been for my ex relocating our kids to Hillsborough County

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Hara View Post
    I lived in Boca for 30 years and retired as a Sgt. after 22 years. It is an excellent town/agency. Because of the tax base you will be equipped with the best of everything. Houses are pricey in town, but more reasonable in unincorporated Boca (West) The millage rate is low because of the dollar value of the homes in the area. Plenty of action, but mostly property crimes. You won't be busting your butt unless you want to, however the biggest drawback is dealing with many rich and self-entitled snobs who are quick to complain. For the most part the Admin. is supportive. The FOP is strong,got my stripes after they sought an injunction against the Chief in 1982 ,and if an Officer who ever got fired ,was backed by Union Appeal/Arbitration ,they always got their job back. I highly recommend the Agency and would never have left had it not been for my ex relocating our kids to Hillsborough County
    Sounds good. It makes me feel good knowing that there are agencies out there that have a normal work load, good pay, and opportunities plus a union! Im sorry you had to move to this roten ass county. Hope you got used to the trailer trash, crazy people, ghettos, bumbs, traffic, and car wrecks.

Unregistered
    What's the cost of living in that area? Bet the real estate prices or rent are sky high and will take a big chunk of that $$$. Plus, it's probably a left leaning outfit that will hang you out to dry the first time you ruffle some special interest group's feathers just trying to do your job.
    If you want to live some where with a very reasonable rent, then you will be limmited to trailer trash mobile home parks or ghetto appartments. If you want to live somewhere without garbage neighbors, it will be very very pricy. If you want to buy and affordable house, then you can. In a subdivision. Plan on your neighbors being section 8 and your car being broken into every night. Weak court system will let your burglars out in less then a day to do it all over again if they are even caught. You need to buy a house here worth a minimum of 550k to get away from the garbage. Even then, the way this state has scattered all our welfare homes, you will still be blocks away from a trailer park or subsidized apartment complex. Leave the state if you can. I wish I could.

Unregistered
    If you want to live some where with a very reasonable rent, then you will be limmited to trailer trash mobile home parks or ghetto appartments. If you want to live somewhere without garbage neighbors, it will be very very pricy. If you want to buy and affordable house, then you can. In a subdivision. Plan on your neighbors being section 8 and your car being broken into every night. Weak court system will let your burglars out in less then a day to do it all over again if they are even caught. You need to buy a house here worth a minimum of 550k to get away from the garbage. Even then, the way this state has scattered all our welfare homes, you will still be blocks away from a trailer park or subsidized apartment complex. Leave the state if you can. I wish I could.
    I was talking about Hillsborough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast