"Special" Operations

Unregistered

"Special" Operations

What is going on since Tait left? The decisions that are made are senseless, clearly by someone who has no law enforcement experience. Taking BB instead of ME for K9 clearly shows that they are not taking qualified people into supervisor roles. BB is a good guy, but he has also been sipping on the cool aid. ME unquestionably had more relevant experience but yet it was decided that it was BB before interviews were even done. Now K9 units are stuck with a Sgt who needs guidance on everything K9/UOF related. ME could handle that stuff with his eyes closed, and could even have filled in training instruction when needed. He won't say why he didn't get it but you can tell he knows more. We're going to need another K9 Sgt at some point, which inexperienced Sgt will be put in there? The agency wants K9 to be the biggest and most professional unit in the state, but we have the most inexperienced leaders...
    The same thing happened with the traffic Sgt that replaced Rowan. The STEP guys have a leader who has no clue about anything other than how to write tickets, and the HIT guys don't like him because they worked with him in motors. I heard several stories of when DF was in motors years ago stroking tickets to family members of deputies. That spot should have gone to MR who is well known to have the experience to run that unit. Again, that position was filled before the interviews were even complete. MR says that he didn't get it because the Lt doesn't like him, but I know there is more to the story. Don't even get me started on the Lt, but no one cares what that clown thinks, I don't even known how he got promoted to Sgt.
    Then theres the marine unit, which was wiped clean just like they did to the AG unit. Then they filled it with people who would rather hunt for warrants then handle actual boating violations. Both of the new marine guys were more effective where they were before, clearly another senseless decision.
    So did the actual qualified people get their peepee's slapped for something or are the commanders just clueless as to who should be filling these spots? Why even have a special ops bureau if it is being led by questionable patrol sgts?
    And what about the new positions that are constantly being crafted for their military cronies, when is this civilianization going to stop. It is not saving us money, since they are making "director" captains pay either way. Unconfirmed rumor is that ME got pushed out of training because he tried to teach a military guy how law enforcement handles a situation, think about that...
    So our special operations really have become "special" Who will be next to move to special ops, corky?

Unregistered
    Don't worry, it's happening in EVERY part of the agency, not just SPEC OPS. You don't have to know what you're talking about in order to fill a position. "Its all about being well rounded"

Unregistered
    DF is an alright guy, I worked for him for a bit. I’ve heard that story about the tickets to family members before, according to him he has never knowingly cited a family member. I recall him saying once there was a situation where he cited someone and they told him afterwards, it was handled appropriately. Don’t know about all that other stuff.

Unregistered
    Who cares if they’re family? How about family members stop doing things that may result in a citation? They should know better!

You all ***** and moan about frequent fliers because no one at home ever holds them accountable. “They never do wrong.”

Yet you enable that behavior. “Oh they’re related to a LEO so their shit don’t stink.” Stop being hypocrites.

Use descreition if the person truely deserves your mercy. Treating someone different just because of who they know is just shady.

Thin Blue Line at its best!

Unregistered
    Can you please put your name on the response so I know when I stop your son, daughter, wife, mother, father, I make sure that they get a ticket so I show my integrity.

Unregistered
    My family knows not to use my position for personal gain. If they get a ticket, they learn from it and move on. You should be teaching your family to follow the law not name drop...

Unregistered
    I work for another agency. I believe strongly in the Blue Line and taking care of each other. However I certainly don't want a Deputy getting in any trouble for not writing me.. I would rather take the citation.

Unregistered
    Heres a news flash. If you obey the law you dont have to worry about getting stopped. If your friends and family have that little respect for you of if you set a bad example you deserve to get pinched.