$38,000 starting salary ...... what is actual take home every month?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    TRUE STORY; I know a bartender at Chilis in Orlando that makes about 150-175 bucks a shift for 5 days a week. They make more than the base salary of a Trooper.

I had a neighbor that was a barmaid at Outback. She worked her butt off, worked like 3:30 til close and was bringing in $5K a month after taxes and tip splitting. She was a teacher and this was her second job, she quit the teaching because the pay and hours were better. Pretty sure she is still doing it.

Unregistered
    I know FHP gets paid once a month. What is the actual “take home” pay after taxes, deductions, etc.....
    1. Use the Internet to lookup and find a standard income tax percentage rate.

2. Because FHP pays monthly, divide $38,000 by 12 (that’s the number of months in a year). This will give you the approx monthly pay before taxes are withheld.

3. Subtract the standard tax percentage from the monthly pay.

4. If you could not figure this out on your on, please consider applying with your local mall security or parking enforcement for experience first, instead of FHP.

Unregistered
    1. Use the Internet to lookup and find a standard income tax percentage rate.

2. Because FHP pays monthly, divide $38,000 by 12 (that’s the number of months in a year). This will give you the approx monthly pay before taxes are withheld.

3. Subtract the standard tax percentage from the monthly pay.

4. If you could not figure this out on your on, please consider applying with your local mall security or parking enforcement for experience first, instead of FHP.
    And he or she will still make more money as security of parking enforcement than us at FHP. Stay thirsty my friend.

Unregistered
    And he or she will still make more money as security of parking enforcement than us at FHP. Stay thirsty my friend.
    Just remain in the arrive alive zone boot! That's what the FHP is concerned about! Not your pay!! There will always be a trailer park somewhere for you!

Unregistered
    According the FHP BeaTrooper.com site the starting pay is now at $38,034.24 annually.

The following report has the pay list from all the states the agency got in 2015. Starts on page 21. $38k is better now, but it’s still like 42nd in the country.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/igoffice/20151628.pdf

Just find a different line of work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12