$38,000 starting salary ...... what is actual take home every month??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

$38,000 starting salary ...... what is actual take home every month??

I know FHP gets paid once a month. What is the actual “take home” pay after taxes, deductions, etc.....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know FHP gets paid once a month. What is the actual “take home” pay after taxes, deductions, etc.....
    Please don't think about working for this agency! It's not worth it. Not only is starting pay low but it never increases to a point that one doesn't need to work OT or off duty to survive! The brass will screw you and each other just to make that next promotion. Your zone partners will leave as fast as they arrive. The only agency I know of that the guys that are assigned to specialty jobs and no rank work day shift weekends off, walk around sipping coffee or hang out at their girlfriends house and on top of that, are paid an extra $2000! If you don't know someone that has worked with one of the high ranking officials, or related to them hang up getting promoted or a specialty spot! This is a" who you know" agency when one wants a spot other than the road. A lot of sheriff's offices hiring now. Please don't waste your time here!

Unregistered
    Please don't think about working for this agency! It's not worth it. Not only is starting pay low but it never increases to a point that one doesn't need to work OT or off duty to survive! The brass will screw you and each other just to make that next promotion. Your zone partners will leave as fast as they arrive. The only agency I know of that the guys that are assigned to specialty jobs and no rank work day shift weekends off, walk around sipping coffee or hang out at their girlfriends house and on top of that, are paid an extra $2000! If you don't know someone that has worked with one of the high ranking officials, or related to them hang up getting promoted or a specialty spot! This is a" who you know" agency when one wants a spot other than the road. A lot of sheriff's offices hiring now. Please don't waste your time here!
    To climb at FHP

1. You have to have good dirt on lots of people
    2. Have the race/female card locked and loaded
    3. Be related to or drinking buddies with the Brass Mafia
    4. Having some kind of obscure medical condition helps

Forget working your way to the top. It doesn't go like that here

Unregistered
    You’re looking at between $2200 - $2500 a month depending on your deductions.

Unregistered
    To climb at FHP

1. You have to have good dirt on lots of people
    2. Have the race/female card locked and loaded
    3. Be related to or drinking buddies with the Brass Mafia
    4. Having some kind of obscure medical condition helps

Forget working your way to the top. It doesn't go like that here
    Or have child care issues. 303.

Unregistered
    Not enough

Unregistered
    Take the above advice! Well said! There's a reason over 200 troopers a year leave!

Unregistered
    Take the above advice! Well said! There's a reason over 200 troopers a year leave!
    Troopers leave once they get their free paid training, cert, and 2 years of police exp fo jump ship to another agency

Unregistered
    Try Wal Mart or Home Depot. You can't afford this job.

Unregistered
    TRUE STORY; I know a bartender at Chilis in Orlando that makes about 150-175 bucks a shift for 5 days a week. They make more than the base salary of a Trooper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast