Teenage Sting
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Sting

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please tell me this is not a true story!

Unregistered
    Please tell me this is not a true story!
    The one.... the only... Sgt Forrest (Jay) Sanatlucia

Unregistered
    Really??? That scum bag is a real scum bag!

Unregistered
    Nice going blinky. This place is a cesspool of corruption!!

Unregistered

I exploded I couldn’t help it

Home→Collections→Police Officer

Officer Linked To Teen Sex Case
    Gets Job Back In Settlement
    April 7, 1994|By KEVIN DAVIS Staff Writer
    OAKLAND PARK — A police officer who was fired for having sexual contact with teen-age prostitution suspects during an undercover sting will be back on patrol next week.

Forrest "Jay" Santalucia, who was fired Oct. 13, was told he can return to work on Monday after his attorney and the city reached a settlement during an arbitration hearing on Tuesday.

Police Chief Edward Overman agreed to rehire Santalucia on the advice of City Attorney Donald Doody. Santalucia'a lawyer, Tony Alfero, said the punishment was too severe and he did not think the city had a strong enough case to justify it.

"The city agreed to take him back," Alfero said. "We didn't shove him down their throat. He and the chief shook hands."

"I'm happy it's over and I'm happy to get back to work," Santalucia said. He declined to discuss the details of the case.

Overman said the settlement was recommended by Doody for "legal reasons" but did not elaborate. Doody did not return a phone message left at his office.

Santalucia is a five-year veteran of the department, earns about $30,000 a year and was named Officer of the Year in 1990.

Under the settlement, Santalucia's record will reflect a 105-day suspension without pay for time he was off the job, and he will be on a special six-month probation.

City Council member Steven Arnst said he supports the decision and does not think it will cause an erosion of public confidence in the department.

An internal investigation last fall found Santalucia went beyond what was necessary to make an arrest during undercover prostitution stings. He allowed himself to be fondled to the point of climax in one case, and received oral sex while fondling a suspect in another.

"It was not acceptable behavior back then and it will not be acceptable behavior in the future," Overman said. "I still believe the appropriate discipline for it was to be a firing offense."

Alfero said Santalucia was acting under orders and was unfamiliar with proper procedure for that type of police operation.

"Maybe it's not the best judgment, but he's certainly not culpable," Alfero said.

Alfero said the most serious charge against Santalucia, and the only one that could justify a firing, was compromising an investigation. But such a charge was moot, Alfero said, because all the suspects were convicted.

Sgt. Glenn Osani, who videotaped the sexual encounters, was suspended and demoted. Detective Brian Rupp was fired. Both are appealing through civil service boards.

The case began after the Broward State Attorney's Office received police reports and a videotape of a prostitution sting at a Holiday Inn on May 26. The evidence was submitted by the police department's Special Investigations Unit.

The 23-minute videotape showed two of the officers and an informant engaged in sex acts with two Cooper City High School girls who were arrested during the sting. The girls' pimp, Thomas Hildebrand, later pleaded guilty to running a teen-age prostitution ring and was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Overman concluded the officers waited too long to make their arrests. He disbanded the Special Investigations Unit and has since written strict guidelines setting procedures during such investigations.

Unregistered
    So these clowns were video taped having sex with Juvenilles and that was not enough evidence?
    Maybe that got off because that sort of thing had been going on for years and he was going to blow a whistle on the whole Department.

He wasn’t familiar with the protocol. What did these guys tell their wives. Sorry honey I ejaculated twice today at work I am too exhausted to have sex tonight.

Unregistered
    "It was not acceptable behavior back then and it will not be acceptable behavior in the future," Overman said. "I still believe the appropriate discipline for it was to be a firing offense."

Unregistered
    So these clowns were video taped having sex with Juvenilles and that was not enough evidence?
    Maybe that got off because that sort of thing had been going on for years and he was going to blow a whistle on the whole Department.

He wasn’t familiar with the protocol. What did these guys tell their wives. Sorry honey I ejaculated twice today at work I am too exhausted to have sex tonight.
    Have some sympthy. He “suffered an orgasm”

Unregistered
    Acceptable behavior???
    It’s a crime, if anyone engaged in a sexual act with a minor you will be arrested. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.
    Hell agencies have Detectives online posing as minors and if you solicit them you get charged.
    It’s embarrassing that someone who is supposed to be a LEO would fondle a teenager and allow that teenager to suck them off until they ejaculate.
    That is definitely a crime.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast