epic F up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: epic F up

Unregistered
    you sir, are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have worked for an agency that used tax payer money to purchase a tank, using the same justification for so called high profile raids and officer rescue. I was a Swat member at the time, and we were involved in a multi agency task force. Of course due to tax base the Sheriff's department had more resources. Over 10 years after the tank arrived we never used it once. We were able to obtain an MWrap that was much more efficient for high profile type events, but again we only used it a couple of times. This day and age military style vehicles being used may cause an escalation of emotions from the community when used. Although I believe the MWrap was a valuable tool even if it is only used to save one life it is worth the cost, but our tank eventual was given back to the military with no reimbursement. Patrol officers are out there day in and day out, today's society we have cops being shot, ambushed even while just having lunch. We need to address the safety of the front line troop and utilize tax money to up grade, train and provide them every tool available to ensure they come home to their loveones. It sounds like the surrounding agencies there in Northport dont play well with others. Someone needsto rebuild that bridge and combine resources, because criminal don't pay attention to juridical lines.

My opinion

Unregistered
    Morales in attempting to justify the so called armored vehicle by sensationalizing officer safety. we wouldn't want an officer killed and now states it can be used as a high water rescue vehicle when the vehicle is upgraded to a snorkel vehicle. It could wade in 4 ft water. First and foremost most officers injured in the line of duty are not SRT officers, who are specifically trained in entry tactics, they are patrol, whom are not equipped with a tank. The snorkel accessory, more money spent on this toy, when in fact maybe it can drive in 4 ft water, but you cannot actually open the door, because if you do the interior would be flooded. so how do you plan on rescuing someone, all BS being spewed by Morales.
    The facts are this, the boys do not need this toy, they are not equipped, trained or certified for HIGH risk entries, they are a SRT team, hold and contain until a certified SWAT team arrives, like the SCSO. Yes there is a big difference between SWAT and SRT. SWAT is certified for high risk entries and yes they have an armored vehicle. We already pay taxes to support this. In this era of shared services why spend the money on toys. Now if Morales really needs an armored vehicle for his warriors get the FREE MWRAP, many depts. have them, some have even painted them , but most kept them camo or desert tan for the intimidation factor. It gives the PD a psychological advantage, rolling up in a real military armored veh. By the way they can drive in 6-8 ft of water and even open there doors for rescues. Commissioners don't buy into the hype and lies being told to you. NPPD and its admin need to make peace with the sheriff. Come to an understanding on shared services, if needed direct the PD to pursue a MWRAP. Don't buy into this concocted officer safety BS. More officers get shot on patrol, so why not armor all the PD vehicles, oh not financially feasible. So we buy a tank, just where do they park it at a scene, in the driveway, on the lawn. This is not the era of self sustainability as Capt Morales would like you to believe, Shared Services would in this case save us 150 grand plus all the cost of maintenance and training.
    Just food for thought, Morales wants to buy an armored veh, says its for officer safety etc we already have a SRT call out van and all the SRT and every officer has a new SUV, which is fully equipped to respond to any situation, just who is going to drive this armored vehicle, all the SRT team members should/will be responding directly to the scene in their issued vehicle. They will already be in place and conducting there business long before someone who has to go to the station, get the armored veh and respond. By the time the vehicle arrives on the scene, it should already be contained and secured. Are they all going to not go directly to the scene and meet at the station first, are they going to designate one of the SRT as a driver, in either case this will leave patrol hanging until they arrive or leave there team one man short, both scenarios compromise officer safety !!!!!i

Unregistered

Swat

you sir, are clueless.
    Swat member I assume

Unregistered
    I sure wish we could restrict this site to VERIFIED LEOs only. This civilian that keeps posting as different people sure is annoying and quite obvious.

Unregistered
    I sure wish we could restrict this site to VERIFIED LEOs only. This civilian that keeps posting as different people sure is annoying and quite obvious.
    First I am an LEO and can you honestly say this is not going to be the scenario here. I work here and have seen the hurry up and wait scenarios time after time. Rush to the scene, contain and wait, sometimes for hours until the perp falls asleep or gives up, then we leave. Sound familiar or maybe you just have not been around here long enough. There is NO SWAT team in NPPD, its SRT, a very watered down version of SWAT, but its what we have and its better than the days not to long ago when we had to make due with what we had, which was just patrol. We might be Verified LEO's, but we are all civilians and the non verified LEO's have the right to speak their minds to, after all they do pay OUR salaries.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Aint Gonna Happen..

Please read the Leoaffairs fine print.. the entire point is to foster conversation Leos AND the public are to exchange thoughts and ideas. Ho could one voice be of such concern. I know some of you #CookieMonsters would prefer that this civilian and others STFU and allow for the Coo Coo Radio Rants and PR PIO to paint the pretty false picture... So every time we start talking common sense, one of the cowardly boyz or MFCs get their knickers in a damn knot and wanna spar here.
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 05-29-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12