Big changes are happening - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who is Janet???
    Deputy Director and friend to law enforcement.

Unregistered
    Deputy Director and friend to law enforcement.
    Still never heard of her.... is she our deputy director???

Unregistered
    Still never heard of her.... is she our deputy director???
    There is a Chain of Command Chart available on the 'net. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with it.

Unregistered
    It's easy to take shots at people from the 'net and even easier to criticize what was said and not said but here is the reality. Everyone has a boss. In the current state of affairs you can agree or disagree with the boss. My guess is as SES employees you have to be very careful when you call someone out for their gross acts of stupidity, especially when that person is your boss. When your unable to effect positive change you have a dilemma. Go into the unemployed class or pay your bills. From agents on up the line, I don't see anyone quitting and calling out the cancer cells disguised as employees. I am a person with principles but even I have accepted no one is interested in what I believe, so I have focused on doing what I can to make this a better place. Years ago we started hiring people to fill positions not to grow the agency. Janet was hired to grow the agency. The problem is she didn't realize she would have to do that without seeds, water and sun. People that are good will always be good. Those that aren't will never be.

Unregistered
    It's easy to take shots at people from the 'net and even easier to criticize what was said and not said but here is the reality. Everyone has a boss. In the current state of affairs you can agree or disagree with the boss. My guess is as SES employees you have to be very careful when you call someone out for their gross acts of stupidity, especially when that person is your boss. When your unable to effect positive change you have a dilemma. Go into the unemployed class or pay your bills. From agents on up the line, I don't see anyone quitting and calling out the cancer cells disguised as employees. I am a person with principles but even I have accepted no one is interested in what I believe, so I have focused on doing what I can to make this a better place. Years ago we started hiring people to fill positions not to grow the agency. Janet was hired to grow the agency. The problem is she didn't realize she would have to do that without seeds, water and sun. People that are good will always be good. Those that aren't will never be.
    I understand where you are coming from. However, I am tired of management hiding behind the "SES" cloak and having that influence their decision making and leadership as much as they are. It shouldn't be that way. Many other "state" agencies have SES employees and they don't manage like they are scared little kids. They do what they are told and still fight for their people. Problem with us is that all managers here are scared. LT's included even though they aren't SES. That is the climate and culture. It starts at top. This is what we get with micromanagement to Nth degree and Chiefs down in the weeds and trying to reinvent the wheel.

Unregistered

F Squared

Well said! Now can you have our DC order me some more pens? Mine sprung a leak knocking out an OPS plan!

Unregistered

Cool Positions

Did they ever fill the two positions in Miami Office recently....Curious bystander....lol!

Unregistered
    I understand where you are coming from. However, I am tired of management hiding behind the "SES" cloak and having that influence their decision making and leadership as much as they are. It shouldn't be that way. Many other "state" agencies have SES employees and they don't manage like they are scared little kids. They do what they are told and still fight for their people. Problem with us is that all managers here are scared. LT's included even though they aren't SES. That is the climate and culture. It starts at top. This is what we get with micromanagement to Nth degree and Chiefs down in the weeds and trying to reinvent the wheel.
    You make valid points. I will add that when the highest level of management has time to concern themselves with who sets where in an office you have time wasted and opportunity lost. Be remembered for good things. Not stupid crap that will be reversed the moment you depart.

Unregistered
    While we are at it can someone tell The Chief that some of us actually know how to do our jobs and to quit telling us to work festivals, holidays, and sporting events? It's like he has nothing better to do. We get it! We KNOW to work sporting events. We KNOW someone has to work major holiday weekends. You don't have to tell us EVERY other week. Every time he says "lets make sure we have activities planned for the holiday" a kitten dies!!! Quit trying to reinvent the wheel or worrying about us working the next Basket Weaving Festival.

Unregistered
    Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.”

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast