Departures, is it true though - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The number I heard was 14, I know of 7 confirmed one was forced out. It’s too bad, we need the experience but I understand why people are leaving. I think we as an agency are experiencing growing pains. Hopefully moral will improve, I think the biggest issue is not pay, the money is good, it’s fear. Everyone is so afraid to get fired and lose not only their job but also their career.

The pay is horrible. A 3 year Dep is making a base of what 46,900? The amount of work done here is worth a couple bucks more. Surrounding agencies start you at over 22/hr not to mention base pay is calculated on an 80/hr work week therefore your pay is higher. This agency needs to get their crap together. How can we continue to promote from patrol into specialty units and or CID when patrol is short as is!? Not to mention promoting those who have been on patrol for a year or two getting promoted. Goodluck to us all

Unregistered
    The pay is horrible. A 3 year Dep is making a base of what 46,900? The amount of work done here is worth a couple bucks more. Surrounding agencies start you at over 22/hr not to mention base pay is calculated on an 80/hr work week therefore your pay is higher. This agency needs to get their crap together. How can we continue to promote from patrol into specialty units and or CID when patrol is short as is!? Not to mention promoting those who have been on patrol for a year or two getting promoted. Goodluck to us all
    The amount of work???? Hey just because your radio room is clueless and whose main focus is to send someone to everything after trying to keep the phone from ringing more than X times isnt work its nonsense. CID? Thats an even bigger joke. If youre looking for experience and common sense youd best go to Websters. Pay isnt going to fix your problems until you have so few people on the road theyll do anything not to look bad. Pasco is nothing but a great big deception from top to bottom.

Unregistered
    What do you expect when the top person at the agency (THE NOCHO) had only a year or two of what you may not even consider to be LEO experience (housing authority police?) He does not even know how to do the law enforcement job let alone have the experience of being a law enforcement supervisor/command experience. All other agencies I know of have people running the departments with well over 20 years LEO experience. That is where the problem starts and then just trickles down.

Unregistered
    He ran unopposed you doofus. That means no one qualified wanted to run against him. He does a good job. Quit your belly aching and do something productive with your life.

Unregistered
    He ran unopposed you doofus. That means no one qualified wanted to run against him. He does a good job. Quit your belly aching and do something productive with your life.
    He does a good job?

Seek medical assistance immediately force fluids and get out of the sun.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Now that is funny. What is the command staff PREPARED to do? The Boy Scouts motto is Be Prepared. One might guess these proverbial clowns will circle the wagons and look for someone to blame. Then cry about money. In the interim plan their next big purchases and promotions. Just when you think it couldnt get much worse they top themselves. Again. Need more Live PD time.
    Is it true that over 20 deputies have resigned since the month of April? If so what is the command staff prepared to do now, keep making it top heavy by promoting more?
    Thats why there are the mandatory readoffs with the sheriff. Have to convince everyone things are not that bad.

Yes, lie about things not being bad in Pasco. And lie that things aren't better in "the Peninsula". It was subtle. I understand he said, "go check out their pay scales and benefits. You will see that it's better here." Heres an idea. Use one of your fancy monitors and show everyone the pay scale difference. Everyone left the room assuming pay is better in Pasco. They were lied to. Consider Pinellas!

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Just listen to his drivel one time and its pretty hard to miss that he appears to be ahhhhhhhhhhhh lacking in experience shall we say and prone to make poor choices at best.
    The command staff should be required to wear big red hair, big big red shoes and red noses. Then theyd at least look the part.
    The number I heard was 14, I know of 7 confirmed one was forced out. It’s too bad, we need the experience but I understand why people are leaving. I think we as an agency are experiencing growing pains. Hopefully moral will improve, I think the biggest issue is not pay, the money is good, it’s fear. Everyone is so afraid to get fired and lose not only their job but also their career.

Take a management class in any university and this is what you will learn: Less than 15 percent of people leave a job for better pay. Nearly 85% list their number one reason for leaving a job as "Poor Work Environment" and over 65% of those site "Bad Management" as the number one cause of a Poor Work Enviroment.

Unregistered
    I happen to be a Senior Corporal for a respected local agency who just happenes to make probably three times the money a deputy with your agency earns so I would classify that as "making something productive with my life". I worked at a Sheriffs Office twenty years ago and had brain power to leave and as you state "make something productive of my life". I suggest that you take your own advice and man-up (or these days woman-up to be politically correct) and leave the crapy department and "make something productive of your life".

Unregistered
    I happen to be a Senior Corporal for a respected local agency who just happenes to make probably three times the money a deputy with your agency earns so I would classify that as "making something productive with my life". I worked at a Sheriffs Office twenty years ago and had brain power to leave and as you state "make something productive of my life". I suggest that you take your own advice and man-up (or these days woman-up to be politically correct) and leave the crapy department and "make something productive of your life".
    Unfortunately or hysterically far too many of these Pasco pinheads think because theyre something in Pasco it makes them something elsewhere. Many may probably stay where they are because they either dont know any better or continue to think theyre all that. Lord knows who trained the clowns? Can you imagine being stuck on stupid your entire career?

Unregistered
    I previously worked for Pasco and currently work for Pinellas. I can tell you unequivocally the peninsula is better! If you don't mind working mids and don't flex/comp the holidays and overtime, you will easily make over $70k your first full year after training. There are plenty of former Pasco deputies down here, just ask them.

Stay Safe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12