Scot Peterson Pension $8,702 a month for life. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its a known fact that someone who wants to take it easy or if the brass want to hide someone then they stick them in a school, this is nothing new. The real issue is the $8700 a month pension. I sure hope the 30 plus years on the job has something to do with that because paying that much to every retired deputy is not sustainable for the FRS.
    That's where you are dead wrong, the FRS is one of the most profitable retirement system in the US. It expends less than 5% of its net worth every year to retirees. With the contribution that we are required to give ( thanks rick scott) the pension system will be solvent indefinitely. Do your homework before you speak, also look at the list there are many other professions that are contributing to the FRS.

Unregistered
    Its a known fact that someone who wants to take it easy or if the brass want to hide someone then they stick them in a school, this is nothing new. The real issue is the $8700 a month pension. I sure hope the 30 plus years on the job has something to do with that because paying that much to every retired deputy is not sustainable for the FRS.
    No the REAL issue is not the $8700.

The real issue is that "someone that the brass wants to hide" is placed in a school to secure 3000 kids.

Those deps were in the schools during the former administration; yes, but THIS administration came in, knew there were "issues", (some apparently close to home), and left those same deputies in the schools. The public SAFETY agency left their weakest, oldest, perhaps most unmotivated in the schools while they handed out turkeys on traffic stops on Youtube.

Aside from that, do you really think that any amount of money would make an individual labeled a "coward" comfortable ?

Unregistered
    Very well said, and he gets his 3% COLA so that 8,702 a month will grow yearly. Actually he has already been getting his COLA since he has been in the drop. CHA CHING!!
    That was the old rate, pre Rick Scott. In 2011, it changed. The cola is 1.6% or less, there is a formula of some type calculating it.

Unregistered
    Let’s clear up some misconceptions about SRD’s. Yes, there are many SRD’s that have been lucky and assigned to very easy schools. Elementary schools do not need SRD’s. There are many SRD’s that are lazy as well, but so are many road deputies. I know I’ve worked with several that loved to maintain a 10-6 status throughout the day on BS calls.

That being said, nobody can tell me the SRD’s who work Ely High, Cross Creek School or the other alternative school in Pompano are lazy. They work their butts off and write more alphas than road patrol. Boyd Anderson and Pine Ridge, etc, are all extremely volatile and busy schools to work in, as well.

If someone is going to spout off about how easy SRD’s have it at least be specific and accurate in what you post, or you lose credibility.

Unregistered
    They can't take his pension. BSO has to defend him and will so no lawyer fees either. He will pay nothing and the suit will be tossed out. Case law says so. By law, he didn't have to go in. If Mr. Pollack keeps threatening to humiliate him and harass him for the rest of his life, Peterson will likely sue him and win. Mo money! SRD's may not work as hard as all you Pompano hero's but as far as it being cake, try dealing with over medicated, helicopter, soccer mom's who are all married to lawyers, and who have way too much time and money on their hands, and where every kid has Autism or ADD or is just a whiney little *******. I could never do it! Especially at BSO where you get zero backing from command. Bottom line is someone has to do it. It could be you at some point in your career when you are tired of 10-65ing or just want weekends and summers off. Don't hate the players. You may just not be the tuff guy you and your fat wife keep telling you are.
    Very well said and although I personally would have not hesitated in going in, I'm not going to crucify Peterson. There was no place in the policy that said we are to deliberately supposed to put ourselves in harm's way. In fact it says the opposite....if you purposely put yourself in front of a vehicle (for various reasons) and the vehicle makes an attempt to run you over and you use deadly force you could be written up and liable. The parents want justice....I get it....but Peterson didn't shoot those students and its uncertain even if he did respond whether or not he could have done anything or got himself killed. It was a terrible situation but the shooter is to blame. Hero today, zero tomorrow and no one has your back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12