LEI II Insurance fraud division info

Unregistered

LEI II Insurance fraud division info

Hello all,

I am in the process of applying for the LEI II / insurance fraud. can any of of provide insight as to the type of work environment, compensation, advancement opportunities, pros/cons about this position / agency ( especially the orlando office?)

Thanks in advance

Unregistered
    The turnover has been very high in the Orlando office. The starting salary on the advertisement is what you will start out, and we get raises when the legislature remembers us in the budget. As far as advancement, you become eligible for promotion after three years, but if you are liked by the powers in Tallahassee, that is always subject to change.

Unregistered
    If your looking for somewhere to go for a second career or retirement years, it is tolerable. There is low morale, pay, but a wealth of micro-management. Be prepared to put your officer discretion on a shelf and make crappy low level arrest to meet your yearly quota. Other than that negative input, there are some really good people working here from all walks of life.

If you are looking for a career, go to a PD or SO. This place is not a full on law enforcement agency like you may expect.

Hope the honest but somewhat negative response helps.

Unregistered
    Oh, forget those guys, they are obviously not females and definitely not minority females; if you can check off both of those boxes, and possibly the trifecta, a minority female with a graduate degree, you will definitely get promoted here!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh, forget those guys, they are obviously not females and definitely not minority females; if you can check off both of those boxes, and possibly the trifecta, a minority female with a graduate degree, you will definitely get promoted here!

So I am assuming that you are one of "those" officers with a GED?

Unregistered
    Terrible guess, I am just as well educated; however, I was not born with a uterus. I am a white male with much more investigative and agency experience than any of these females that get hired and promoted around here. Am I bitter?, not any longer, because I see this place for what it is. A politically schizophrenic siren; an easy job with a paycheck and a pension!

Unregistered
    P.S.: I do not think you can even get hired here with a GED; I cannot recall anyone has been hired here in a very long time that had less than an undergraduate degree. This is not a first-response/patrol agency where 19 year old's are hired to get their feet wet. I think the advertisement stipulates an undergraduate degree and five years of LE Detective experience as a minimum application requirement.

When I got hired we were all retired from other agencies and had spent years going to college and working as Detectives before we got here. All we had to do was learn the nuances of the Insurance Fraud statutes.

Unregistered

Insurance fraud is a joke...

Let lt. Colonel go for doing his job with no warning and made him leave with no notice or preparation for future....replaced with unqualified buddies of the deputy cfo... hmmm can you say bullshit.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If your looking for somewhere to go for a second career or retirement years, it is tolerable. There is low morale, pay, but a wealth of micro-management. Be prepared to put your officer discretion on a shelf and make crappy low level arrest to meet your yearly quota. Other than that negative input, there are some really good people working here from all walks of life.

If you are looking for a career, go to a PD or SO. This place is not a full on law enforcement agency like you may expect.

Hope the honest but somewhat negative response helps.
    This actually sounds like most PD, especially mines.