Working at PPPD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working at PPPD

Unregistered

Hiring process

Good Evening, I am currently in the hiring process with Pembroke Pines, and from what I’m reading they are an amazing department to work for. Can anyone maybe shed some light on how quickly there process is(or isn’t)?

Also, I heard there is a huge hiring wave because the city needs officers, did something happen? Or just retirements?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good Evening, I am currently in the hiring process with Pembroke Pines, and from what I’m reading they are an amazing department to work for. Can anyone maybe shed some light on how quickly there process is(or isn’t)?

Also, I heard there is a huge hiring wave because the city needs officers, did something happen? Or just retirements?
    A mix of retirements(officers hired when Pines started growing are now eligible for retirement) and More officers needed to keep up with the large and fast-growing expansion of the city. Process can take several months, depending on workload of the BIs and your background itself. Pines is a good agency overall with its issues, but I'll take it over working in many other places any day. Best of luck!

Unregistered
    A mix of retirements(officers hired when Pines started growing are now eligible for retirement) and More officers needed to keep up with the large and fast-growing expansion of the city. Process can take several months, depending on workload of the BIs and your background itself. Pines is a good agency overall with its issues, but I'll take it over working in many other places any day. Best of luck!
    Thank you for the response! Do you mind shedding some light on the order they handle the hiring process? I saw online they do your background investigation prior to the oral board/poly/psych, is this true? Also, do you work for PPPD?

Unregistered
    Thank you for the response! Do you mind shedding some light on the order they handle the hiring process? I saw online they do your background investigation prior to the oral board/poly/psych, is this true? Also, do you work for PPPD?
    Yes, that's correct. Many departments nowadays do the BI first and then finish the rest of the process after. Many departments feel it makes more sense to do the BI first and find out all the dirt they can on a candidate so they don't waste their time in case they find something unfavorable. I've seen cases where an applicant goes through the entire process and then gets booted out at BI because the detective found something that the applicant did not disclose. And yes, I work for PPPD. 3 more months and I retire! Yippee! Let me know if I can be of any further assistance for you and your questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12