Troopers - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Troopers

Unregistered

Road Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok I can't wait to hear the "I'm not a supervisor" (aka brass hiding behind a keyboard) response to this!
    I'm your huckleberry, doing the only thing I know how to do. Just an old road dog giving an honest days work for an honest days pay!! Why don't you try it sometime instead of all your whining and b* tching.

I knew the pay and benefits when I took this man's job some things didn't come through as promised but I'm man enough to keep my word . If I wanted to waste my energy and be upset at someone it sure wouldn't be the Colonel. It would be that wonderful bargaining unit PBA. They are the one that gave away the farm back in the early 1990's.

Well then like I said the past is the past and the good Lord will take care of all my needs in the end, until then be safe out there.

Unregistered
    That's more accurate for sure. I can tell you what our LTs do, and those of the troop I just left:
    Lt spends the day in the shitter, telling the dispatchers how good they look and chatting about restaurants and how much they like their new perfume. Walk back and forth for smoke breaks and to get ice for their sweet tea. Texting is a big responsibility, they couldn't go five minutes without Facebook or wifi. 2-2-1/2 hour lunches seem to be the norm. Hours in the bathroom, and they are notorious for not returning calls. They are just to busy. It MAY BE different where you are, but I can speak for two troops for sure, they work M-F 10-3:30 with a 2 hour lunch if not longer.
    Why do you hide behind this keyboard, if you see something wrong say something. If your two different Troops Lieutenants are sorry individuals then do something about it besides wasting time on here. This site sure isn't going to change anything. Grow a spine and get things done to improve FHP!!!

Unregistered
    Can I have some of whatever this guy is smoking?
    See second post above. Don't smoke its bad for your health.

Unregistered
    I'm your huckleberry, doing the only thing I know how to do. Just an old road dog giving an honest days work for an honest days pay!! Why don't you try it sometime instead of all your whining and b* tching.

I knew the pay and benefits when I took this man's job some things didn't come through as promised but I'm man enough to keep my word . If I wanted to waste my energy and be upset at someone it sure wouldn't be the Colonel. It would be that wonderful bargaining unit PBA. They are the one that gave away the farm back in the early 1990's.

Well then like I said the past is the past and the good Lord will take care of all my needs in the end, until then be safe out there.
    I'm glad that you like your job as a trooper, most don't. Empty promises while the fat cats and the ones in the know advance. If you like the current administration so be it. Most that have been around a while know nothing has changed. If anything it is worse. We still have a unpopular round for our pistol, no rifles in a time that if ever needed is now, radios still don't work, the cameras have been a night mare and my computer takes forever to load, but yet just about every trooper that doesn't work the road got an extra $2000! I could care less about the PBA as the last guys we had didn't produce much either. Seems like whoever the colonel is they have someone or some organization to blame.

Unregistered

Dude, you have to be ODed on the FHP Kool Aide! "Now, now we can be friends"!

Unregistered

No Kool Aide Drinker

Dude, you have to be ODed on the FHP Kool Aide! "Now, now we can be friends"!
    That dog won't hunt!!! No drinking here!! Just a real man with his own mind on how how the world turns.

Unregistered
    That dog won't hunt!!! No drinking here!! Just a real man with his own mind on how how the world turns.
    Hey bubba I love the highway patrol! Yea Haw!

Unregistered
    A real man of FHP? Please transfer to Troop D, they need a few real men here!

Unregistered
    Why do you hide behind this keyboard, if you see something wrong say something. If your two different Troops Lieutenants are sorry individuals then do something about it besides wasting time on here. This site sure isn't going to change anything. Grow a spine and get things done to improve FHP!!!
    How long have you worked here? Do you REALLY think it works like that? If so, you go first, put an end to all that malfeasance and bad management, then let me know how you're doing in six months (and where you go to work for your next job)!!!

Unregistered

Been there done that

How long have you worked here? Do you REALLY think it works like that? If so, you go first, put an end to all that malfeasance and bad management, then let me know how you're doing in six months (and where you go to work for your next job)!!!
    I've been on this earth for over 48 years and FHP for over 20 years. I have never been afraid to say something when it's wrong. I have done it on several occasions The supervisor didn't care for it but he was wrong and he knew it. I only have to live with the person in the mirror.

People will respect you for who you are and the standards you set for yourself. If the truth hurts them then maybe they may need to look for another job.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast