Promotional process.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The chief is not going to make a test and tutor anyone. Do you really think we are that stupid to believe that crap. I wonder if you just dream about crap to put on here or if you really believe the what you write. Either way you have problems.
    I would tend yo agree with you except for the FACT that the COP flaunted her "professor" status and state she has experience in designing tests and would be helping design BPD next promotional exam....witnessed by numerous officers

Unregistered
    And...what’s wrong with her making the test? Someone has to and I hope it’s a cop and not some professional test designer. The previous message said she was going to make the test and then tutor a certain person or group. The tutoring is simply not true. That’s an excuse so when they fail they can blame someone besides them self.

Unregistered
    The tutoring statement was also made out loud in front of people. Just because you have a degree doesn't make you smart!

Unregistered
    It sounds likd the older officer who didn't go to college ate upset about the requirements. Welcome to the new Law Enforcement. You guys ask for more money but majority of you guys do not have advance degrees. Think about our current job market. Not to many occupation pay over 48,00.00 without an associate degree or a degree that equivalent to an associate degree.

This college requirement will give you more reason to get a raise.

Unregistered
    It sounds likd the older officer who didn't go to college ate upset about the requirements. Welcome to the new Law Enforcement. You guys ask for more money but majority of you guys do not have advance degrees. Think about our current job market. Not to many occupation pay over 48,00.00 without an associate degree or a degree that equivalent to an associate degree.

I

This college requirement will give you more reason to get a raise.
    I have a 4 year degree, but no one in my chain command up to my Captain do not have a degree of any type and it is apparent to all of us.

Unregistered
    I have a 4 year degree, but no one in my chain command up to my Captain do not have a degree of any type and it is apparent to all of us.
    If your 4 year degree is in the field of law enforcement then you might make an argument for the education counting. But if the degree is not relevant to law enforcement, it does not mean anything except you were fortunate enough to go to school and not have to go work or defend your country. A degree in basket weaving or physical education does not cut it.

And do not delude yourself into thinking that a piece of paper is more valuable than experience.

But we all know if you are in the COP's golden circle you are good.

Unregistered
    You cannot back talk any degree if you don't have one. It take dedication to complete any program. Plus I know many soldiers with degrees. So your excuse of defending you country is bull. Many people defend this country to get a free college education.

Unregistered
    You cannot back talk any degree if you don't have one. It take dedication to complete any program. Plus I know many soldiers with degrees. So your excuse of defending you country is bull. Many people defend this country to get a free college education.
    I am not putting down any degree, I am saying that if the degree is related to law enforcement then you might have an argument for counting in promotion process.

And just having that piece of paper does not magically make you a better or smarter police officer. There are several officers with degrees that are defiantly not as good as they think they are.

Unregistered
    I’m not a person that normally posts on here as most is just garbage. But I was there when the chief talked about the promotion test. She did say something about group meetings to explain what areas to study for the test. Not individual tutoring.
    I also believe college has helped our profession but it doesn’t make a good cop or supervisor. Neither does the military. But both help. Anything will be better than the crap we have had for years.

Unregistered
    For the individual claiming to have a 4 year degree which they believe to be more beneficial than experience, you writing skills and grammar suck. Can you get a refund on all the English classes you paid for. College is extremely important in today’s Law Enforcement and imperative for advanced however it will never be a substitute for experience. I would walk through a door with a veteran officer with no college before I would with a rookie with a Masters Degree.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast