Promotional process....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Promotional process....

What is up with all the buzz about the promotional process being you can now skip over certain supervisor positions if you have a degree or that you can test as long as your enrolled or trying to meet the criteria? I can't find any of that in the PGO's. Or is it the good old "it will be what I say it will be" mindset?

Unregistered

For too long we have had it where uneducated supervisors were in command positions under uneducated Chiefs, just a sign of the times, about time we catch up with education standards not the good ole boy network!

Unregistered

If you say so

Just take a look at some of the administration in your own agency now, some are very educated, but not very good cops. I am not saying education is a bad thing, but it in no way makes you a better cop. There are a lot of officers that have 4 yr degree's or more, and they are some of the dumbest cops and have no business wearing a uniform. Your agency has gotten to "PC", and it is starting to show and will only get worse. The best person for the job mentality no longer exists, now it is the best qualified, which doesn't mean squat when you can manipulate the qualifications to make them be what you want it to be or to make them fit for certain people to give them a better chance. Your SWAT team is a perfect example, and from what I hear, your promotional process will follow.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just take a look at some of the administration in your own agency now, some are very educated, but not very good cops. I am not saying education is a bad thing, but it in no way makes you a better cop. There are a lot of officers that have 4 yr degree's or more, and they are some of the dumbest cops and have no business wearing a uniform. Your agency has gotten to "PC", and it is starting to show and will only get worse. The best person for the job mentality no longer exists, now it is the best qualified, which doesn't mean squat when you can manipulate the qualifications to make them be what you want it to be or to make them fit for certain people to give them a better chance. Your SWAT team is a perfect example, and from what I hear, your promotional process will follow.
    It is called "About Time," and long overdue if you were here with the past administration we have never had a female Captain in the ranks, or educated administrators with degrees, which is what needed to keep this department running. Yes we "Women" are finally getting long overdue chance at advancement in many ways.

Unregistered
    It is called "About Time," and long overdue if you were here with the past administration we have never had a female Captain in the ranks, or educated administrators with degrees, which is what needed to keep this department running. Yes we "Women" are finally getting long overdue chance at advancement in many ways.
    Women could always advance -- take the test like Males do and what it is it what is is.

Unregistered
    For too long we have had it where uneducated supervisors were in command positions under uneducated Chiefs, just a sign of the times, about time we catch up with education standards not the good ole boy network!
    Should of seen it before the last Chief. It was really bad. At least the last Chief tried to make it fair for ALL>

Unregistered
    Amen Brother!

Unregistered
    I see someone did not take their memory pill this morning. Hogle and Raz had Degrees.

Unregistered
    Having a test made up by an outside expert in the field and outside Assessors is far from a good old boy system.

Unregistered
    Don't know Hogle but Raz sure didn't have a degree or he would have flaunted it did he a 2 yr degree? Wow half credits from a police academy count for that, we now have a Chief who is also a professor and knows how to run the department in a smart fashion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast