True Insurance Cost

Unregistered

True Insurance Cost

Today May 10th insurance committee learned Florida Blue projected a 7% decrease in cost, unlike the one sided email of over a $500,000 increase.
    Why the mean one side email without a rebuttal? Where is the money really going? Who is the money going to? What is total cost of this increase or health insurance and where are the "bills"? Can we believe in project costs? If I do my budget I have to provide contracts with exact costs, they don't?
    Too many questions and no real answers....

Unregistered
    There is no rebuttal because the FOP is not allowed to use agency email. You have to ask your rep or be a member of the FOP to get the info. The Sheriff has greater ability to set the narrative than the FOP. Not to mention he's been picking off or paying off FOP reps the last couple of years. They have already taken down one road lieutenant KD who is the president of the FOP and now have taken out a jail lieutenant JG that is the treasurer. The message is clear, oppose the rule and your days are numbered.

Unregistered
    speaking of Lt JG why is he on admin leave

Unregistered
    How did the agency take down KD? If you are referring to her failing the PAT (not the first time) and her non-work related injury I think that would mean she took her own self down. If a deputy under her supervision had a failed the PAT and had a non-work related injury that prevented them from passing the required PAT do you think there would be any genuine sympathy or special exceptions?

And by the way, the bargaining unit did a great job allowing all employees to pay over $500 for family health insurance instead of giving up $100 in boot allowance. That was a tough decision, pay $500 or give up $100. You be the judge.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How did the agency take down KD? If you are referring to her failing the PAT (not the first time) and her non-work related injury I think that would mean she took her own self down. If a deputy under her supervision had a failed the PAT and had a non-work related injury that prevented them from passing the required PAT do you think there would be any genuine sympathy or special exceptions?

And by the way, the bargaining unit did a great job allowing all employees to pay over $500 for family health insurance instead of giving up $100 in boot allowance. That was a tough decision, pay $500 or give up $100. You be the judge.
    As for KD she was injured running the PAT, new injury. Saw it myself. Comp refused to cover it as comp always does. As I hear it she's in a good position to win her lawsuit against WC. As for the insurance the agency lied about the increase. The boot allowance $120, would have been given up for good for the agency to continue to pay the insurance for one year more. Starting 2019 we would still be paying for insurance only then no boot allowance. The point is moot as contract says members are on the hook for 50% of an increase and there has been no increase. I'm sure the agency will charge the members anyway because the money for the command staff performance raises has to come from somewhere.

Unregistered
    Command staff deserve those raises. Just think of all the great things they have done. Hell, I'm glad to give my free insurance up to put additional change in their pockets out of pure gratitude.

Unregistered
    I will give up insurance boot reimbursement a kidney whatever it takes to take care of my Command Staff.