Concerned Citizen - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are you talking about? You obviously were not in the meetings or in the know. Our CBA contract was not what we wanted, but in the end it was fair. The majority of us did get raises to include retro with a 4 % raise built in for next year, followed by an opener the 3rd year on a "career development plan." We are told
    The plan If approved and implemented, the Commission would look at putting our steps back in. Starting salary now is 47,000 and top out is just over 70,000. This talk of smack on everyone in your post is a bunch of bull$%&^. If you don't like your raise, shoot an email to your union rep and I'm sure they can work on adjusting your pay back to the way it was. I am confident just as others have posted on here that you no longer work here, but you talk just like you did when you worked here.
    Glad u showed the taxpayers the right salaries, they are posted here on this site anyways. My problem with the CBA is simple, all the ki$$ a$$ do nothings get 5% more as an incentive to do just that, nothing. Sert, between training and etc, what a gig but certainly outdone by the Traffic and Set teams and yes CID, good hours, no humping calls, not out there in middle of the night and oh yes the honor guard, really 5% more for dressing up and getting paid to not have to actually work. I have to commend all those who weaseled there way into these positions, gravy jobs and an extra 3 to 3500 dollars a year to boot. CM is certainly taking care of you. PS I am confident you are one of these do nothings who benefited more than the rest of us humps in this CBA. Oh yes career development, wouldn't the first start be getting a high school education which many here certainly need???? And yes only if your supervisor likes you and gives you a passing evaluation do you benefit. Retired, I certainly wish !!!! Unlike you, I cant afford it. Not so lost son

Unregistered
    What are you talking about? You obviously were not in the meetings or in the know. Our CBA contract was not what we wanted, but in the end it was fair. The majority of us did get raises to include retro with a 4 % raise built in for next year, followed by an opener the 3rd year on a "career development plan." We are told
    The plan If approved and implemented, the Commission would look at putting our steps back in. Starting salary now is 47,000 and top out is just over 70,000. This talk of smack on everyone in your post is a bunch of bull$%&^. If you don't like your raise, shoot an email to your union rep and I'm sure they can work on adjusting your pay back to the way it was. I am confident just as others have posted on here that you no longer work here, but you talk just like you did when you worked here.
    yea that's nice, if, well maybe, if approved, we are told etc better yet if you get a passing evaluation and best of all the five percent raises for every specialty unit, the ones who work straight days, mon-fri, leave shifts short so they can play honor guard, set, sert and whatever. This is while regular patrol gets no specialty pay and they are out there 24-7 actually doing real police work, you remember humping calls for service from the public, 5% additional across the board which is what 3 grand plus each year for each of these specialty unit members, yep this is a fair and equitable CBA to everyone except patrol. You must be CID, your arrogance precedes u and your wrong again, still at the pink castle each shift humping calls doing the manual labor. Well someday maybe a real admin will make it mandatory that all officers have at least a associates degree to work here. Seventy grand a year plus and yet still have the GED and HS educational level, not a bad gig for those who are not edumicated.....but hey we are all working towards our masters or so we say

Unregistered
    yea that's nice, if, well maybe, if approved, we are told etc better yet if you get a passing evaluation and best of all the five percent raises for every specialty unit, the ones who work straight days, mon-fri, leave shifts short so they can play honor guard, set, sert and whatever. This is while regular patrol gets no specialty pay and they are out there 24-7 actually doing real police work, you remember humping calls for service from the public, 5% additional across the board which is what 3 grand plus each year for each of these specialty unit members, yep this is a fair and equitable CBA to everyone except patrol. You must be CID, your arrogance precedes u and your wrong again, still at the pink castle each shift humping calls doing the manual labor. Well someday maybe a real admin will make it mandatory that all officers have at least a associates degree to work here. Seventy grand a year plus and yet still have the GED and HS educational level, not a bad gig for those who are not edumicated.....but hey we are all working towards our masters or so we say
    Sorry we can't please you. By the way the School board is hiring.

Unregistered
    Sorry we can't please you. By the way the School board is hiring.
    sorry we cant please you, sorry your not a golden boy who gets the perks while the others actually have to do the job. This is why we need to hire a chief from the outside. Uniform Patrol is the primary and most important part of this department, but yet plays second fiddle to the kiss ups. Patrol is constantly stripped to fill the made up vacancies in other areas and bureaus. Set and traffic are a joke, put them back into patrol, alleviate the shortage. This is why we need a new in infected chief from the outside, start a new, disband the golden child organization, set educational standards for hire and promotion and ensure patrol has the manpower and support it needs to effectively do its job. The only real speciality job in this department is patrol, the rest are just support. School Security, might be the way to go, we will see. I am sure the exodus is not over yet

Unregistered

Exclamation Patrol

I have worked for agencies in which patrol is often depleted to fill so call specialized units, and it puts a strain on the ground troops and is also a moral killer. But more importantly if the lack of patrol officers has a impact on response times, which if you get down to brass taxes is the most important aspect of our commitment to the community. Although community interaction based units are a great addition and a popular tool to reach out to the public we serve, if these units are taken away from our ability to respond to calls for help, their existence needs to be evaluated. When a citizen is calling for help and we don't have the resources to respond we are failing as an agency, Citizens is crisis needing immediate assistant expect and deserve to know help is on the way. As for agencies with a merit bases evaluation process sometimes use what I can a snap shot in time to use as justification to give raises, and detectives and other speciality units seem to benefit. While patrol is sometimes forgot, because humping calls is considered their normal duties. Once the ground troops feel they are just a position and get no recognition it causes a moral issue, in return the community suffers and officer community interaction can be negatively affect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12