Concerned Citizen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Concerned Citizen

With all the questions surrounding the recent rejection of the 4 finalist for the Police Chief position. I was wondering what the ground troops think about what the next police chief should bring to the table. What is lacking in the command staff, that needs to be addressed?

Unregistered
    Ill tell you what the problem was. Their last name wasn't Morales!!!! Lear never had any intention of hiring any of them. Two of the candidates were exemplary. The other two ehhhh....

Somebody needs to come in and enforce chain of command and establish consistent and fair discipline. We will never have good morale until we have discipline that is administered fairly. That's a fact.....

Mic Drop

Unregistered
    So if that want the interim why repost. You need a seasoned cop not a political figure. Trust and equal discipline go hand and hand. Until that happens the department will be in a state of unrest. It can't be the command staff or favored employees with one set of rules and patrol with another.. Good luck

Unregistered
    What we don't need is another old guy over 55 with ego issues looking for a third retirement. Luckily the candidate from Brooksville got called out for his failure to even lead a po-dunk department before he came here and made this another incompetent workplace. Old retiree Chiefs have no ability to relate to new officers and what we need from a leader. CM is the best candidate!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Cool She'll be coming round the mountain..

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What we don't need is another old guy over 55 with ego issues looking for a third retirement. Luckily the candidate from Brooksville got called out for his failure to even lead a po-dunk department before he came here and made this another incompetent workplace. Old retiree Chiefs have no ability to relate to new officers and what we need from a leader. CM is the best candidate!
    Well young'in our last Chief wasnt an old guy.. so really maybe we should be looking for an older wiser guy that is exprienced at kicking self inflated boyz asses. Your disrespectful attitude certainly needs an adjustment.

Bring on Chief Kharma...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghd-xL5gAjc

Unregistered
    You rant about old guys. This place need the maturity of a seasoned leader that will do the right things for the right reasons not an adolescent political climber. If Morales would have been reigned in early in his career and not be allowed to be political he may have developed into a good leader. However his leadership mentors did him a disservice. Now he is the IC and does not have the respect of his subordinates. It is unlikely he ever will. The new chief needs to take control and work on changing the culture of NPPD.

Unregistered
    You rant about old guys. This place need the maturity of a seasoned leader that will do the right things for the right reasons not an adolescent political climber. If Morales would have been reigned in early in his career and not be allowed to be political he may have developed into a goodt leader. However his leadership mentors did him a disservice. Now he is the IC and does not have the respect of his subordinates. It is unlikely he ever will. The new chief needs to take control and work on changing the culture of NPPD.
    Well I can say the talk of CM these past several weeks has been positive in the rank and file. We have already seen a separation of decision making from our previous Chief to him. I am supervisor in the rank and file and I can say he has been making small but very positive changes for our department. I have a lot of respect for him not wanting to make any serious or debatable policy changes until the new Chief comes in. The talk of "no respect" by his subordinates, I totally disagree with you. Im sure if someone is talking and saying this, they're speaking for themself and not the entire organization. I read your response and truly believe you are someone from the past.

Unregistered
    Well I can say the talk of CM these past several weeks has been positive in the rank and file. We have already seen a separation of decision making from our previous Chief to him. I am supervisor in the rank and file and I can say he has been making small but very positive changes for our department. I have a lot of respect for him not wanting to make any serious or debatable policy changes until the new Chief comes in. The talk of "no respect" by his subordinates, I totally disagree with you. Im sure if someone is talking and saying this, they're speaking for themself and not the entire organization. I read your response and truly believe you are someone from the past.
    Well speaking as a insider but really being not a as they say a favorite son, the members of this dept who really would not make it anywhere else all have been promoted on there ability to suck up, not do the job. This philosophy has been entranced in this dept forever and is still there this day. What did the latest CBA get us, our steps back, no raises, but it did afford all the favorite sons 5 % raises, ie cid, now sert and traffic, etc we still top out the same we did before danny sh!t took the steps away. The SCSO tops out in 8 yrs at 69 grand. The fact of the matter is this, come in and just try and do your job and your still a target of the inept ones, they band together like *****es( no offense ladies) and go after you. Cm has always been part of the problem, tell me he has no asst but yet he leaves the dept daily to politic and photo ops, so who actually is running this show. No one here who is not worth a grain off salt wants change, they are afraid someone not infected will come in and see just how this place runs and disband the *****es and street them. CM will never ever do that, kiss babies, shake hands, photo ops, police work who has time for that. Actual real police who like to patrol and do there job are expendable here, hasn't the last few years proven that. VC little agenda to hire her bud CM as chief needs to end, Lear needs to grow a set and choose a chief who will actually make this dept whole , not some politically connected shadow of a cop, who really has not done one piece or noteworthy police work in his career. But if history has proven one thing mayberry PD will always be run by an andy and barney !!!! As has been quoted, its safer on the street than it is in the station.

Unregistered
    Well speaking as a insider but really being not a as they say a favorite son, the members of this dept who really would not make it anywhere else all have been promoted on there ability to suck up, not do the job. This philosophy has been entranced in this dept forever and is still there this day. What did the latest CBA get us, our steps back, no raises, but it did afford all the favorite sons 5 % raises, ie cid, now sert and traffic, etc we still top out the same we did before danny sh!t took the steps away. The SCSO tops out in 8 yrs at 69 grand. The fact of the matter is this, come in and just try and do your job and your still a target of the inept ones, they band together like *****es( no offense ladies) and go after you. Cm has always been part of the problem, tell me he has no asst but yet he leaves the dept daily to politic and photo ops, so who actually is running this show. No one here who is not worth a grain off salt wants change, they are afraid someone not infected will come in and see just how this place runs and disband the *****es and street them. CM will never ever do that, kiss babies, shake hands, photo ops, police work who has time for that. Actual real police who like to patrol and do there job are expendable here, hasn't the last few years proven that. VC little agenda to hire her bud CM as chief needs to end, Lear needs to grow a set and choose a chief who will actually make this dept whole , not some politically connected shadow of a cop, who really has not done one piece or noteworthy police work in his career. But if history has proven one thing mayberry PD will always be run by an andy and barney !!!! As has been quoted, its safer on the street than it is in the station.
    What are you talking about? You obviously were not in the meetings or in the know. Our CBA contract was not what we wanted, but in the end it was fair. The majority of us did get raises to include retro with a 4 % raise built in for next year, followed by an opener the 3rd year on a "career development plan." We are told
    The plan If approved and implemented, the Commission would look at putting our steps back in. Starting salary now is 47,000 and top out is just over 70,000. This talk of smack on everyone in your post is a bunch of bull$%&^. If you don't like your raise, shoot an email to your union rep and I'm sure they can work on adjusting your pay back to the way it was. I am confident just as others have posted on here that you no longer work here, but you talk just like you did when you worked here.

Unregistered
    Well there lost son, if the contract is so bad why dont you go and put your application in with the SSO. They're hiring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast