Shooting at fleeing vehicles
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Shooting at fleeing vehicles

At your agency isn’t a huge policy violation to shoot at the rear of a fleeing vehicle for public safety and the possibility that innocent passengers or children in car can get shot? Unless trying to stop a terrorist type situation?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    At your agency isn’t a huge policy violation to shoot at the rear of a fleeing vehicle for public safety and the possibility that innocent passengers or children in car can get shot? Unless trying to stop a terrorist type situation?
    I'm all for shooting fleeing dirt bag felons.

Unregistered
    Depends on what charges you have and who is in the vehicle... Why? Was there an issue with a deputy shooting at a car containg innocent passengers?

Unregistered
    There is no such policy. Depending on the circumstances It is legal to shoot at a fleeing felon in a vehicle.

Unregistered
    If said vehicle just ran me over I’m dumping every ****ing bullet I have into that car. That answer your bullshit question you cop block ***** ass mother ****er?

Unregistered
    There is no such policy. Depending on the circumstances It is legal to shoot at a fleeing felon in a vehicle.
    Ummm. You might wanna double check on that. Policy is clear, you cannot shoot at a moving vehicle unless it's absolutely necessary.

Unregistered
    Ummm. You might wanna double check on that. Policy is clear, you cannot shoot at a moving vehicle unless it's absolutely necessary.
    Did I waiver. If I get hit by a car driven by an asshole who wants to kill a cop I will empty my gun into that car. I’m pretty sure someone who tries to kill a cop is covered under exigenct circumstances you jack ass. Policy can go up your ass. The idiots who write that crap sit in air conditioned offices behind desks in comfortable chairs. The biggest threat to them is a paper cut. They might accidentally pull someone over one day and come across a real criminal. I’m sure they will act with flawless bravery and well within policy when someone drives over them. Actually I think they wouldn’t know what to do. Car 2 could tell everyone what a bad ass he would be. It’s been so long since he’s arrested someone that I don’t think he could figure out how the cuffs work, if he could find his. Buy yeah, run me over find a lot of holes in your body. That answer your question vagina?

Unregistered
    "The General Orders we have are guidelines, they are subject to interpretation, that's all they are ever going to be and that's all they are." - Sheriff Bob Gualtieri.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ention/2132318

There you have it, in Gualtieri's own words, under oath in court. Use your common sense and don't get killed or hurt because you feel you had to strictly follow general orders. Your life and health are much more important than any job.

Unregistered
    "The General Orders we have are guidelines, they are subject to interpretation, that's all they are ever going to be and that's all they are." - Sheriff Bob Gualtieri.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ention/2132318

There you have it, in Gualtieri's own words, under oath in court. Use your common sense and don't get killed or hurt because you feel you had to strictly follow general orders. Your life and health are much more important than any job.
    That general order comment only applies to Bob or his designated snitches.

Unregistered
    I think they are referring to beach incident, where city cop shot at a vehicle while trying to stop 2 vehicles at once! The first car stopped and when he attempted to stop the 2nd vehicle with hand gestures! It almost ran him over and he fired one shot while it was coming towards him and then multiple shots after it passed him fleeing! The driver was caught up the road and luckily there was no children in the backseat or pedestrians walking nearby! I hope everyone remembers that once the round leaves the gun on a fleeing vehicle that any innocents shot can lead to possible prison! It’s important to take note that a very high percentage of police agencies nationwide have strict policies that absolutely forbid shooting at fleeing vehicles for these reasons! As well the fact that shooting into the rear of a fleeing vehicle is ineffective and if the driver was actually hit while fleeing at high rate of speed then becomes a 2 ton speeding bullet ready to take out pedestrians and other families in vehicles! It also causes riots if it happens in St. Pete! Remember bottles and bricks in 1996

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast