CPD Traffic Needs a Map - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    if you are doing something ridiculous outside an officer's city limits (80+ in a 45 as an example, driving recklessly in a school zone, etc.), you bet your ass I'm doing my duty and pulling you over...that's what the mutual aid is for.

you're right that an officer shouldn't be doing minor traffic infractions and pulling people over for BS outside their jurisdiction, and I'm not sure what case the OP is talking about, but....there's mutual aid agreements for obvious reasons...even when it comes to traffic. almost every agency with a take home cruiser program that I can think of, has some sort of mutual aid with the neighboring cities. I know Hillsborough and Pinellas have them.

i highly doubt most officers are going to write a citation, at the most it will be a warning to tell you to knock off whatever behavior it is you're doing...but you have a duty to act if you see something dangerous.

Unregistered
    I would love to be pulled over for speeding in say Dunedin by a city cop from elsewhere. I would love that lawsuit. If you think I’m drunk, totally different story. But if you think for one second that you have the lawful authority to pull me over outside of your jurisdiction to tell me to slow down, to warn me or cite me you are ****ing crazy. And you are so very wrong. You are a cop where you have jurisdiction. No where else. Troopers can go anywhere in Florida. Deputies can go any where in their county. City cops can be cops in their city. Try that dumbass theory of yours and see how that works for you. Idiots.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Here is a case where the courts confirmed that a Largo Police Officer was NOT acting within the mutual aid agreement when he stopped a possibly impaired driver in Belleair Bluffs. He was in Belleair Bluffs when he was told about a possibly impaired driver. Read it for yourself, but Largo got shot down in court for taking police action outside of their jurisdiction. Thank you for playing Am I Wrong, yes you are, have a nice day!!

http://www.jud6.org/LegalCommunity/L...%20Medford.htm

Unregistered
    Last one I promise. I got a copy of the Mutual Aid Agreement from your city’s website. Jump to page 6, section IX. That covers traffic infractions. Sure doesn’t cover you idiots pulling people over out of your city, especially in the county. And before one of you geniuses make the “contiguous roadway” argument, it spells out what that means too. Read that, it doesn’t mean what you think. I read it, maybe you dumbasses should too.

https://clearwater.legistar.com/View...B-E7A06554793C

What was it one of you asses said, like it was over? Game over, mic drop, you lose, eat shit, bye bye, stick to your city. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha.

Unregistered
    lol i can see this nerd as one of those fat guys that rewards himself with an ice cream sandwich after he feels like he won an argument on the internet hahaha link us your youtube channel!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is a case where the courts confirmed that a Largo Police Officer was NOT acting within the mutual aid agreement when he stopped a possibly impaired driver in Belleair Bluffs. He was in Belleair Bluffs when he was told about a possibly impaired driver. Read it for yourself, but Largo got shot down in court for taking police action outside of their jurisdiction. Thank you for playing Am I Wrong, yes you are, have a nice day!!

http://www.jud6.org/LegalCommunity/L...%20Medford.htm
    Not surprised.. Largo has a history of making bad (non-criminal) stops outside of their jurisdiction, and getting them thrown out of court..

Unregistered
    lol i can see this nerd as one of those fat guys that rewards himself with an ice cream sandwich after he feels like he won an argument on the internet hahaha link us your youtube channel!
    Learn where your city ends donut eater.

Unregistered
    Learn where your city ends donut eater.
    and you pay your ticket, and stop being a welfare hog you poor d-bag!

Unregistered
    and you pay your ticket, and stop being a welfare hog you poor d-bag!
    Won’t have to pay that one, it’ll get tossed out of court. Dumbass.

Unregistered

not really

Okay guy. But if the infraction occurred in Clearwater and they caught up to you 1/2 mile away it doesn't give you a free out of ticket card. That happens all of the time because of speed or traffic conditions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast