CPD Traffic Needs a Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered

CPD Traffic Needs a Map

Are your traffic cops aware of where their jurisdiction starts and ends? Especially the ass who drives the unmarked Grey Challenger with the pretty lights. I’m pretty sure if he is going south on McMullen Booth and stops a car well North of Curlew Road that he is out of his jurisdiction. Unless of course he calls the stop out at Curlew & McMullen Booth, then it would appear he was on the edge of Clearwater. But that’s not the case around May 2nd or 3rd now was it. I’m sure his in car video shows exactly where he was too. Hard to prove that case in court, seeing as how you weren’t in Clearwater. No authority to stop means unlawful stop. Could mean violation of civil rights. Can’t find enough speeders in the city? Buy a map jerk off.

Unregistered
    might wanna look up general orders on mutual aid agreement in pinellas county ya damn know it all.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    might wanna look up general orders on mutual aid agreement in pinellas county ya damn know it all.
    How does that apply to traffic infractions Mister don’t know shit? Surprise answer, it doesn’t!!!

Unregistered
    How does that apply to traffic infractions Mister don’t know shit? Surprise answer, it doesn’t!!!
    it means that an officer can stop a vehicle for a traffic infraction outside of his jurisdiction. there are procedures for notifying the agency which has jurisdiction, but the infraction can be enforced because there is a mutual aid agreement between agencies in Pinellas County...Hillsborough County has the same agreement. Crimes also apply.

Do your research you millenial youtube lawyer d-bag. end of thread.

Unregistered
    it means that an officer can stop a vehicle for a traffic infraction outside of his jurisdiction. there are procedures for notifying the agency which has jurisdiction, but the infraction can be enforced because there is a mutual aid agreement between agencies in Pinellas County...Hillsborough County has the same agreement. Crimes also apply.

Do your research you millenial youtube lawyer d-bag. end of thread.
    I did moron. Under mutual aid you can take action for felonies and certain misdemeanors. But you have to call the agency with jurisdiction and offer it to them before making an arrest. You can follow up on criminal cases that originate in your city outside of your city without assistance. But you can’t hunt warrants out of your city that are not related to cases you worked. And you sure as shit can’t do traffic stops for infractions outside of your city. The agreement between Sheriffs, I believe is what you meant, is for very limited circumstances. But your dumb ass stopping someone on McMullen Booth Road a half mile north of Curlew Road, but saying you’re at Curlew Road, is a lie and unlawful. Are you that hard up for revenue? Are you that much of a traffic nazi? Or are you too stupid to know where your city ends? GPS don’t lie *****. And that record lives forever. Maybe you should do your research douche bag.

Unregistered
    Was it May 4th?

Unregistered
    Are your traffic cops aware of where their jurisdiction starts and ends? Especially the ass who drives the unmarked Grey Challenger with the pretty lights. I’m pretty sure if he is going south on McMullen Booth and stops a car well North of Curlew Road that he is out of his jurisdiction. Unless of course he calls the stop out at Curlew & McMullen Booth, then it would appear he was on the edge of Clearwater. But that’s not the case around May 2nd or 3rd now was it. I’m sure his in car video shows exactly where he was too. Hard to prove that case in court, seeing as how you weren’t in Clearwater. No authority to stop means unlawful stop. Could mean violation of civil rights. Can’t find enough speeders in the city? Buy a map jerk off.
    Hey moron He can stop him in Georgia. It doesn't matter. Learn your state law before you spout off at the mouth. Primarily if he observed the traffic infraction within his or her city limits or under mutual aide agreement or he's deputized in the county,state,federal ie drugs, warrants,task forces etc. People have no idea and just want to run their trap off. This isn't the dukes of hazard. You can't get me me Im over the line ........ Whew hooooo. Lemme know how that works for you.

Unregistered
    Hey moron He can stop him in Georgia. It doesn't matter. Learn your state law before you spout off at the mouth. Primarily if he observed the traffic infraction within his or her city limits or under mutual aide agreement or he's deputized in the county,state,federal ie drugs, warrants,task forces etc. People have no idea and just want to run their trap off. This isn't the dukes of hazard. You can't get me me Im over the line ........ Whew hooooo. Lemme know how that works for you.
    Hahahah. You guys are absolute morons. If a city cop sees a traffic I fraction in their city but stops them out of the city, NO PROBLEM. If they see a traffic infraction on a street xo rightist to the city, such as the south side of Belleair Road in Largo, NO PROBLEM. But if you think the current mutual aid agreement allows for traffic enforcement outside your jurisdiction, PROBLEM. And being deputized for a task force doesn’t last forever and has specific allowances. Clearly you know nothing about that either. I’ll laugh so hard when one of you cowboys gets fired or sued for running rampant. Oh and I pray for a city cop to stop me out of their jurisdiction. Your only temporary pass is when you do Wolfpacks. And that power ends when the event ends. Dumbass.

Unregistered

Solved

The Officer who conducted the traffic stop in question, was at the time, working a countywide traffic enforcement detail. He was authorized to do stops during this 'deployment' anywhere in Pinellas County. End of Story....
    These are similar to wolfpacks etc. Administrative Orders are enacted by the Pinellas County SO/County Commission, which are then adopted into City Charter/Ordinances, in accordance with FL Criminal Procedure Law; and allow for such instances (Wolf pack, Task Force, Prolific/Enhanced Enforcement Details) which fall 'Outside Of' the provisions of Mutual Aid Agreements, Jurisdictional Fresh Pursuit and Felonies and such Misdemeanors, involving a Breach of the Peace, which are observed outside of the LEO's jurisdiction.

What's the real issue here? A civilian got mad at CPD for getting a ticket in East Lake? Or a deputy doesnt like CPD doing stops n/o Curlew? Please tell me you idiots, aren't cops going back and forth like this.