Tattoos yes. Beards no, Discrimination - Page 30
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    What does the FOP have to do with this? Class action grievance or what

Unregistered
    All investigators wear long sleeve dress shirts and slacks, and are forbidden to wear short sleeve shirts, unless they wear the old school guallaveras which are no longer worn. I have yet to see an investigator with exposed tattoos while on duty, behind their desk or out in the field working a case. So why are patrol officers continuing to tarnish our image by wearing short sleeve shirts, and exposing all ridiculous arm tattoos? This shall stop immediately. There are those who are against the beards, but what are we doing about the policy violating tattoo issue, which offend many who are pressured and subjected to visualize this childish and thuggish fashion look???? If detectives are mandated to cover their inked arms and neck, then citizen serving patrol officers, shall also be mandated to cover their tattoed pewney biceps!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    All investigators wear long sleeve dress shirts and slacks, and are forbidden to wear short sleeve shirts, unless they wear the old school guallaveras which are no longer worn. I have yet to see an investigator with exposed tattoos while on duty, behind their desk or out in the field working a case. So why are patrol officers continuing to tarnish our image by wearing short sleeve shirts, and exposing all ridiculous arm tattoos? This shall stop immediately. There are those who are against the beards, but what are we doing about the policy violating tattoo issue, which offend many who are pressured and subjected to visualize this childish and thuggish fashion look???? If detectives are mandated to cover their inked arms and neck, then citizen serving patrol officers, shall also be mandated to cover their tattoed pewney biceps!!!!
    Cry, cry, cry, is that all you do all day? I've been here many years, worked in a few special units and patrol mostly. It was never a problem, until YOU? I don't have any tattoo's myself and I can care less over the ones in uniform that do. Never have I heard a civilian, make a complaint over it. It's coming from people, like yourself that needs attention, so you pick a subject no one really cared about. Detectives wear long sleeve shirts, cause that's part of their dress code, when they wear a tie. If this is such a issue to you, go to the next city counsel meeting, stand in line a cry about it. Then see if any from the community, join in? Trolling Leoaffairs, isn't going to get anything changed. Have the union, get involved? Maybe??

Unregistered
    This is a professional organization led by great leaders. We shall respect the uniform and badge. Respect those who have given up their lives while in uniform. We shall portray a positive and clean image when in uniform. No more exposed arm and neck tattoos. Long sleeve uniform shirts to be worn immediately. City Hall and City Officials to act expeditiously.

Unregistered
    The department needs to adapt to change and allow beards

Unregistered
    Please limit tattoo exposure on dept vlog videos. This is a beautiful young department overcoming negative influenced drama. We need to weed out all bad cops and maintain a high professional image while in uniform. Our positive perception is all we have and first impression is important. Tattooed bearing officers to work out of uniform and as investigators or undercover vice work. Our iniforms are sacred and we shall be clean looking. If beards and tattoos are banned in the academy, then both shall be banned after academy graduation. Lets be free of discrimination. If beards are dirty, then tattoos as well. Most of us here feel hurt and discriminated against. Tattoos to be covered in 2019!!!!! City shall abide by ethics and work place fairness. Dear Chief do what is right. We have confidence in you and know that you stand for everyones rights.

Unregistered
    Lets see how bad the reyes want to stay in the FOP office, find a way to file a descriminatikn grevance or lawsuit for the dept. 90% of the city will agree to keep a bear low trimmed and maintained.

Unregistered
    These guys in uniform with tattooed covered arms look ridiculous. They are softies that tarnish our departments image. You guys portray thug bad tough guy syndrome, but you only drive around and unserve the community by acting prudent with civilians. Get into specialized units and go undercover to bust real drug dealers. Dont be seen in uniform with arm and neck tattoos. It is disgracing our image as an organization which has come a long way. Be proud to be a City Of Miami Police Officer. I love this department, and as a supervisor I will enforce this uniform policy to its fullest extent. You will regret ever sitting at the flea market and paying some dude to scribble all that permanent crap on your wrists and arms. You will be forced to cover them immediately and whish you were never on patrol.

Unregistered
    this sgt has a point. we are an elite organization with prestigious men and women. we shall portray a clean and professional image at all times. no more overt and offending art filled arms while in uniform. it is unfair to those who follow rules and are ink free and closely shaven while in uniform. we are focused to make this department shine. please act accordingly and cover all exposed tattoos with department issued long sleeve dress shirt.

Unregistered
    F u you fag

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast