Tattoos yes. Beards no, Discrimination - Page 6
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    It's a matter of fairness to all. It's unfair and discrimatory that tattoos are overseen and policy's violated and beards not allowed and men being sent home or written up for not shaving. It's our form of free expression and religion if tatted up members wanna play that card.

Unregistered
    This department is beautiful and our image out there is pretty much all we have left. These uncovered arms and necks with idiotic looking tattoos are deplorable looking and image staining to our organization. We need to enforce the policy and cover tattoos while in uniform. Can't deal with it then work undercover or hide upstairs anywhere. You are a soft cop hiding behind a thug looking appearance. You don't belong in uniform and you know you are a softy. You don't have 18 inch arms so tatts not for you dude!!!!

Unregistered
    Overbearing to see. This crap is out of control. Members have abused this tattoo crap. These officers with arms full of ink. Disgusting to be forced to go to calls with these guys and represent our department. This organization has failed us members who have always abide by the uniform rule. It is time we grab our ship by the bow and push its stern on course. Sailors fight for our equal rights. No beards No ink!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This department is beautiful and our image out there is pretty much all we have left. These uncovered arms and necks with idiotic looking tattoos are deplorable looking and image staining to our organization. We need to enforce the policy and cover tattoos while in uniform. Can't deal with it then work undercover or hide upstairs anywhere. You are a soft cop hiding behind a thug looking appearance. You don't belong in uniform and you know you are a softy. You don't have 18 inch arms so tatts not for you dude!!!!
    Man STFU already. What, you have only a couple of years on? Now, your a expert of what the public wants? If you were HIRED with the tattoo's, now what's the problem? Sure, make a policy of no more. Take photo's of inked officers and if they add. Let then go! So, if one has a tattoo on his or hers neck, all year round they must wear a turtle neck shirt? This department is far from being beautiful. So, we all follow the chief and become models and part time actors on the street? I do see a great possibility for you. A outstanding I.A prick or advancements in rank, via I.A. of course.. If you want a beautiful department, I honestly can't tell you were to go for it.

Unregistered

Lightbulb

I agree with you 100% changes need to be made. I already contacted Mayor Suarez he told he will take care of it.

Unregistered
    Overbearing to see. This crap is out of control. Members have abused this tattoo crap. These officers with arms full of ink. Disgusting to be forced to go to calls with these guys and represent our department. This organization has failed us members who have always abide by the uniform rule. It is time we grab our ship by the bow and push its stern on course. Sailors fight for our equal rights. No beards No ink!!!!!!
    Contact the Mayor, I did and I cannot be the only one. He says he will take care of it, but I need more support. Cover those tattoos.

City of Miami Mayor’s Office
    305-250-5300
    3500 Pan American Drive
    Miami, FL 33133

Unregistered
    Contact the Mayor, I did and I cannot be the only one. He says he will take care of it, but I need more support. Cover those tattoos.

City of Miami Mayor’s Office
    305-250-5300
    3500 Pan American Drive
    Miami, FL 33133
    You are a idiot! Please, don't be working around me.

Unregistered
    If you say you are Muslim they can’t deny it. They can’t ask you any questions regarding nor any requirements for you to verify that you are. It’s the law
    It’s already been tested in MDPD. Federal law protects ur right to have a beard

Unregistered
    It’s already been tested in MDPD. Federal law protects ur right to have a beard
    Sorry, please show the Federal Law, that protects your right to have a beard? Maybe the court's opinion, on the case. If you read something it might have to do with religious reason.

Unregistered
    You wouldn't graffiti the exterior of ur home with all that bull crap u inked on ur arms right? So why do ur arms and neglect and tarnish the uniform and badge? You also tarnish the clean guy who backs u up at a call. Tarnish this organization and its citizens. The young kids who look up to police and firefighters. You squash their brains with confusion as to who is the thug. The men in blue or the men in an orange jumpsuit?

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast