Facilities being closed

Unregistered

Facilities being closed

It appears that the DOC has decided to save money by closing treatment centers and work release. Anyone know which ones will be closing?

Unregistered
    Yes, all of them. Welcome to Re-Entry.

Unregistered
    Actually its the slow death of re-entry. This was a big failure from the beginning to try and gain grant money while Eric Holder was still Attorney General. Holder was no law enforcement official. He did what ever he could do to get inmates released. Well he also gave out grant money in the name of re-entry. In turn you have people in charge of the prison and Community Corrections that have no idea what they are doing, but are experts in skewing numbers to obtain grant money. Obviously the money was never used other then to hand out bonus money to Administrators.

The new Attorney General (Sessions) wants to go back to the "tough on crime" era (yes zero tolerance). Whether you agree or disagree with this, we certainly had more respect then ever. In addition the "true" crime rate was lower then ever. Whether your hate James Crosby or not, he knew exactly what he was doing. Just think about it ---Jones or Crosby. Under Jones and Nimer we have turned into the biggest pu--y department in the country. Crosby may have went to jail. However while he was here Prisons and Corrections were run how they should be run. Take a look a some of Nimer's comments in past news papers when Crosby be was in charge. Wow she has changed colors fast. If any of you really think Jones is a more qualified Secretary, then you really need some help. Let me quote the last Legislative session that Crosby was involved with "MY GUYS NEED TO GET PAID, THIS JOB IS ONE OF THE MOST DANGEROUS IN LAW ENFORCMENT WE DONT NEED TO BE WORRIED ABOUT PUTTING FOOD ON THE TABLE".... Ok in comparison the last Legislative session Jones was in ........"Crickets, Crickets". I don't even want to talk about Nimer, she doesn't even show up to the session.

Unregistered
    Re-entry? What is that anyway? Its a political slogan stamped to some pencil necks resume. It's always been a scam. As a CPO, you try to encourage those that want to succeed and not waste your time with those that won't change. That's re-entry.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually its the slow death of re-entry. This was a big failure from the beginning to try and gain grant money while Eric Holder was still Attorney General. Holder was no law enforcement official. He did what ever he could do to get inmates released. Well he also gave out grant money in the name of re-entry. In turn you have people in charge of the prison and Community Corrections that have no idea what they are doing, but are experts in skewing numbers to obtain grant money. Obviously the money was never used other then to hand out bonus money to Administrators.

The new Attorney General (Sessions) wants to go back to the "tough on crime" era (yes zero tolerance). Whether you agree or disagree with this, we certainly had more respect then ever. In addition the "true" crime rate was lower then ever. Whether your hate James Crosby or not, he knew exactly what he was doing. Just think about it ---Jones or Crosby. Under Jones and Nimer we have turned into the biggest pu--y department in the country. Crosby may have went to jail. However while he was here Prisons and Corrections were run how they should be run. Take a look a some of Nimer's comments in past news papers when Crosby be was in charge. Wow she has changed colors fast. If any of you really think Jones is a more qualified Secretary, then you really need some help. Let me quote the last Legislative session that Crosby was involved with "MY GUYS NEED TO GET PAID, THIS JOB IS ONE OF THE MOST DANGEROUS IN LAW ENFORCMENT WE DONT NEED TO BE WORRIED ABOUT PUTTING FOOD ON THE TABLE".... Ok in comparison the last Legislative session Jones was in ........"Crickets, Crickets". I don't even want to talk about Nimer, she doesn't even show up to the session.
    Excellent post, you nailed it.

Unregistered
    Exactly what has happened.