Wheres the new chief? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Thank you Stephanie for keeping us informed. We really want our new leader in place soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Sent: Monday, May 7, 2018 2:41:44 PM
    To: Stephanie Gibson
    Subject: RE: Provide Update on Police Chief process
    Ms. Gibson,
    *** I spoke with the City Manager and here is what I took from the conversation: *
    1.*********** Confirmation that the applicant receiving period has ended.* Yes
    2.*********** How many applications did we receive? 87
    3.*********** How many were qualified for the initial requirements evaluation? That is still currently being evaluated.
    4.*********** Do we have a target date for narrowing the group down? After the evaluation process is done, roughly 20-24 applicants will be asked some additional questions. It will take a little time for those answers to come back. Mr. Lear suspects between 4- 6 candidates will be interviewed around mid-June if everything goes as planned. Nothing is set in stone.
    Josh

Unregistered
    Thank you Stephanie for keeping us informed. We really want our new leader in place soon!!

Sent: Monday, May 7, 2018 2:41:44 PM
    Subject: RE: Provide Update on Police Chief process
    Ms. Gibson,
    *** I spoke with the City Manager and here is what I took from the conversation: *
    1.*********** Confirmation that the applicant receiving period has ended.* Yes
    2.*********** How many applications did we receive? 87
    3.*********** How many were qualified for the initial requirements evaluation? That is still currently being evaluated.
    4.*********** Do we have a target date for narrowing the group down? After the evaluation process is done, roughly 20-24 applicants will be asked some additional questions. It will take a little time for those answers to come back. Mr. Lear suspects between 4- 6 candidates will be interviewed around mid-June if everything goes as planned. Nothing is set in stone.
    Josh

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you Stephanie for keeping us informed. We really want our new leader in place soon!!
    Stephanie do you know who the candidates are?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Not yet..

they priced me out of collecting the whole set.. HR costs 3.25 hours to produced redacted set of the last finalist set of 6.. 87 resume redactions would have their heads spinning for 2 weeks. So im going to wait until they narrow.to the 6 or 8 set.

I have a meeting with City Mgr next week on something else but will ask.for an update. As soon as the set is selected, I will also get the resumes and share with yall.

Unregistered
    Will he allow some citizen input on the selection of the new Chief? Can we pick 5 people from the City and have them weigh in on the selection process? I think that is only fair and would be a great dog and pony show for the City Manager to prove he is on board with selecting the right man or woman.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Will he allow some citizen input on the selection of the new Chief? Can we pick 5 people from the City and have them weigh in on the selection process? I think that is only fair and would be a great dog and pony show for the City Manager to prove he is on board with selecting the right man or woman.
    No offense but really? Let's pick five people from the city. When was the last time you Tampa PD or St Pete PD go ask citizens who may know nothing of the operations of a large law enforcement agency or what qualifications are needed or even what they are looking for. That would be like Coca Cola asking random citizens for their help selecting the new CEO. Most large city governments, the city manager or Mayor make the selection without much assistance if any at all from anyone else.

Thank you Comissioner McDowell

Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:13 AM
    Subject: FW: Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet

Thought you’d like to know. Sorry I didn’t send it last night, I was in a meeting.

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:45 PM
    To: Amber Slayton <aslayton@cityofnorthport.com>; Vanessa Carusone <vcarusone@cityofnorthport.com>; Debbie McDowell <dmcdowell@cityofnorthport.com>; Linda Yates <lyates@cityofnorthport.com>; Christopher Hanks <chanks@cityofnorthport.com>; Peter Lear <plear@cityofnorthport.com>; Cari Branco <cbranco@cityofnorthport.com>; Jill luke <jluke@cityofnorthport.com>
    Subject: Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet

Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet
    Scheduled: Monday, Jun 11, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
    Invitees: Amber Slayton*, Vanessa Carusone*, Debbie McDowell*, Linda Yates*, Christopher Hanks*, Peter Lear*, Cari Branco*, Jill luke

Sent from my iPad
    E-mail messages sent or received by City of North Port officials and employees in connection with official City business are public records subject to disclosure under the Florida Public Records Act.

Unregistered
    Does this mean they narrowed there search down to four?

Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:13 AM
    Subject: FW: Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet

Thought you’d like to know. Sorry I didn’t send it last night, I was in a meeting.

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:45 PM
    To: Amber Slayton <aslayton@cityofnorthport.com>; Vanessa Carusone <vcarusone@cityofnorthport.com>; Debbie McDowell <dmcdowell@cityofnorthport.com>; Linda Yates <lyates@cityofnorthport.com>; Christopher Hanks <chanks@cityofnorthport.com>; Peter Lear <plear@cityofnorthport.com>; Cari Branco <cbranco@cityofnorthport.com>; Jill luke <jluke@cityofnorthport.com>
    Subject: Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet

Police Chief Candidate Meet and Greet
    Scheduled: Monday, Jun 11, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
    Invitees: Amber Slayton*, Vanessa Carusone*, Debbie McDowell*, Linda Yates*, Christopher Hanks*, Peter Lear*, Cari Branco*, Jill luke

Sent from my iPad
    E-mail messages sent or received by City of North Port officials and employees in connection with official City business are public records subject to disclosure under the Florida Public Records Act.

4 5 6.. not certain on the #

Actually I thought i heard 5 from somewhere but i just went to check and cant seem to see anything. They have narrowed the group to some small subset... and then some number of them will be brought to the Meet n Greet.

Bring on Chief Kharma!

Unregistered
    Thank you Stephanie for keeping on top of this important issue.

Actually I thought i heard 5 from somewhere but i just went to check and cant seem to see anything. They have narrowed the group to some small subset... and then some number of them will be brought to the Meet n Greet.

Bring on Chief Kharma!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast