Hiring process

Thread: Hiring process

Unregistered

Hiring process

I quit smoking 3 months ago, will this be a problem with getting hired by the sheriffs department? They actually test for nicotine?

Unregistered
    Dude...We have had deputies here that smoke rock cocaine and meth and possibly still do. Do you think that a little nicotine is going to stop you from getting hired?

Unregistered

Not 100 percent sure

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I quit smoking 3 months ago, will this be a problem with getting hired by the sheriffs department? They actually test for nicotine?
    They dont test for it but I believe you have to be smoke free. But they do give lie detector tests.

Unregistered

Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    They dont test for it but I believe you have to be smoke free. But they do give lie detector tests.
    smoke free for 1 year

Unregistered
    You sign an affidavit stating that you are smoke-free, with confirmation during the polygraph.

Unregistered
    Go hang out at training or outside of the jail and then you can see how many supervisors smoke on duty. The smoke free policy is a joke.

Unregistered
    They don't do a nicotine test however when they do the blood work they are able to determine if you use nicotine it can be determined somehow when doing the blood cell count