Homicide or self defense ???????

Unregistered

Homicide or self defense ???????

NP latest shooting/death. Another fine job by our investigators. It appears the NPPD has the sole authority to determine just what is a homicide and what is self defense. In todays Sun front page it describes the events which led to the fatal shooting of a Punta Gorda man. It clearly states the shooter and the deceased were involved in a physical altercation and that the deceased was intoxicated. No mention of any other weapons involved except for the shooter and his concealed carry permit.
    The rule of thumb is this, this was not a castle doctrine event nor was it self defense involving two armed subjects, one was armed, the other, intoxicated and carrying no weapon. When does the law allow an armed subject to shoot an unarmed subject, nowhere does it mention the shooter was in fear for his life nor was he hospitalized for life threatening injuries.
    Nowhere in any statute does it allow the NPPD to solely determine what is self defense. This is for the judicial system to determine. It appears the NPPD considers itself both the investigatory agency and the judicial system. What I am getting at is simple, NPPD does not have the legal authority to determine if any charges are to be bought forward, especially in a shooting involving a death. The case should be investigated by the NPPD and forward the results to the SAO, without comment, for there review and possible Grand Jury. In our society street justice cannot be tolerated and worse yet covered up. The NPPD overstepped its authority here, again the same players, investigators with little or no education determining hey he got what he was looking for, dead men tell no tales. Just because a man has a concealed permit does not give him the right to shoot an unarmed man. Why weren't the NPPD called before the shooting, seemed like a argument which went on for some time, yet after only 12 hours the NPPD case closed, self defense. Talk about padding the stats, murders make for bad press and increase the crime stats and we just cant have that. Justice is certainly blind here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    NP latest shooting/death. Another fine job by our investigators. It appears the NPPD has the sole authority to determine just what is a homicide and what is self defense. In todays Sun front page it describes the events which led to the fatal shooting of a Punta Gorda man. It clearly states the shooter and the deceased were involved in a physical altercation and that the deceased was intoxicated. No mention of any other weapons involved except for the shooter and his concealed carry permit.
    The rule of thumb is this, this was not a castle doctrine event nor was it self defense involving two armed subjects, one was armed, the other, intoxicated and carrying no weapon. When does the law allow an armed subject to shoot an unarmed subject, nowhere does it mention the shooter was in fear for his life nor was he hospitalized for life threatening injuries.
    Nowhere in any statute does it allow the NPPD to solely determine what is self defense. This is for the judicial system to determine. It appears the NPPD considers itself both the investigatory agency and the judicial system. What I am getting at is simple, NPPD does not have the legal authority to determine if any charges are to be bought forward, especially in a shooting involving a death. The case should be investigated by the NPPD and forward the results to the SAO, without comment, for there review and possible Grand Jury. In our society street justice cannot be tolerated and worse yet covered up. The NPPD overstepped its authority here, again the same players, investigators with little or no education determining hey he got what he was looking for, dead men tell no tales. Just because a man has a concealed permit does not give him the right to shoot an unarmed man. Why weren't the NPPD called before the shooting, seemed like a argument which went on for some time, yet after only 12 hours the NPPD case closed, self defense. Talk about padding the stats, murders make for bad press and increase the crime stats and we just cant have that. Justice is certainly blind here.
    Thanks for your legal opinion. Where did you go to law school?

Unregistered
    Thanks for your legal opinion. Where did you go to law school?
    where did you get your GED, actually read the statutes I expect even you can understand the meaning of self defense. Keep your head stuck in the sand.

Unregistered
    All, this is same person who is blasting our fine men and women of NPPD all over these negative blogs on Leo affairs. Ignore this person and keep doing what we do best. We all know this person has no clue. We should award him/her with the call sign "CLUELESS." Stay safe out there!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

I got your CLUELESS..

and if you think pretending all is solved now that CM is running the show, you oughta check the CLUELESS mirror. If you think we the public are going to buy the PR horseshit without a public call out of the facts, the truth and the public record.. you are most definitely CLUELESS.

Unregistered

sex parties, arrests, suicide,cover ups beastiology, domestic violence WTF

All, this is same person who is blasting our fine men and women of NPPD all over these negative blogs on Leo affairs. Ignore this person and keep doing what we do best. We all know this person has no clue. We should award him/her with the call sign "CLUELESS." Stay safe out there!
    Clueless, you certainly have that right, now we have call signs, I see the warrior mindset here ok I guess we will name you idiot no KV has that, gutless no CM has that, crazy, nope MP has that locked,lets see naïve, yes that seems to fit, keep doing what you do the best that will get you a free pass to the exit door. Just remember all the incidents and so, so many more were under the leadership of the interim chief, have things gotten any better, I think not. How the hell did someone pass a background check for the NPPD when they had sex with a dog and committed domestic violence, where was the leadership then. K9 battery, K9 misuse, K9 sex beastiology. Lucky we have an excellent Sheriffs dept who picked up on the truth. So tell me naïve just how have things gotten better here.

Unregistered
    where did you get your GED, actually read the statutes I expect even you can understand the meaning of self defense. Keep your head stuck in the sand.
    GED? Not quite. I have a masters. Shouldn’t you be watching the View or Oprah? You can live chat your opinions and gossip with them. Just because you googled FSS does not make you an expert. And in case you haven’t figured it out by now, nobody cares what your interpretation of FSS is....or really anything else for that matter. You must be really lonely for this stuff to consume you.

Unregistered
    GED? Not quite. I have a masters. Shouldn’t you be watching the View or Oprah? You can live chat your opinions and gossip with them. Just because you googled FSS does not make you an expert. And in case you haven’t figured it out by now, nobody cares what your interpretation of FSS is....or really anything else for that matter. You must be really lonely for this stuff to consume you.
    again for the idiot with the masters, then what you are saying is that no one cares if this murder was labeled as a self defense, you must have gotten your masters at the same place KV was studying at. But I certainly will keep posting simply because it annoys you.