Work day like?

Thread: Work day like?

Unregistered

Work day like?

What's an average day for a TIA officer like? What kind of calls do you get? What's your work schedule and how long does it take to get hired? What's the FTO process like and how long does it last?

Unregistered

Average day

Depends on the officers, some like to harass female Southwest employees while scrapping up free food in their break area. Some hang out in baggage claim all day. Some like to hide at their respective airsides only showing themselves when TSA calls them for grandma's glaucoma medicine or bookmark. Some do actual law enforcement work. Some hang out in their offices all day with the exceptions of their 2 hour lunch break.

Unregistered
    What's the FTO process like?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Depends on the officers, some like to harass female Southwest employees while scrapping up free food in their break area. Some hang out in baggage claim all day. Some like to hide at their respective airsides only showing themselves when TSA calls them for grandma's glaucoma medicine or bookmark. Some do actual law enforcement work. Some hang out in their offices all day with the exceptions of their 2 hour lunch break.
    And some like to visit this board and trash the agency every chance they get because they are jealous of their inability to stop being part of the group of losers who continually point fingers at others and have nothing but complaint after complaint. What's awesome is slowly but surely all you whinny "I should have been promoted", "This person dosent work hard as me" the "leaders suck" the "pay sucks", " I didn't get a medal for doing my job " the "Blah blah blah..." types are becoming the minority. Don't think the rest of us, who are on board with the positive changes, though slow, being made at the agency because we are capable of being team players and seeing the big picture, aren't paying attention to just how much garbage attitude you have. My suggestion, get your resume's together and start looking for a job now while your crappy reputation is only apparent here, it won't be long before you wont be able to go anywhere else because your garbage, consistent complaining is going to catch up to you.

For those on the outside, do yourself a favor and disregard the few disgruntled, cry baby losers here who will never be happy no matter what. These are the guys who judge others all day long but refuse to look in the mirror.

This agency is in the process of great changes, we have a new Chief, new promotions coming up, expansion, training, specialty units, great pay, benefits, awesome working environment and awesome jobs. We get to do a lot of interesting things and it can truly be rewarding if you show up everyday to make a name for yourself. The direction of the agency is going the right way. Some people want instant gratification and changes over night. They are small minded and don't have the ability to understand these changes take time. Some work, some fail, we have to give it time to work, but the cry babies have nothing better to do than complain about what everyone else is doing.

I feel sorry for them, their families must be miserable too because they just can't help themselves. Watch, this post will prove exactly what I'm saying in so many ways... the grammatical errors I don't care about, or the ego's will pop up... Grab your popcorn, these fools can't handle being challenged but that's exactly what we should all be doing. Challenging your garbage attitudes on a daily basis so we can all see just how petty you are.

Unregistered
    What's the FTO process like?
    Typical San Jose model... Shorted if you have experience. I believe it's 18 weeks for the full program and about half that for the experienced groups.

Unregistered
    If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay for health insurance family plans and who is it through?

Unregistered
    Is your agency apart of FRS? Do they offer a take home car after probation? Also, the application process listed on the job ad shortened did your agency eliminate the PAT? Thanks,

Unregistered
    Is your agency apart of FRS? Do they offer a take home car after probation? Also, the application process listed on the job ad shortened did your agency eliminate the PAT? Thanks,
    Yes. No. No.

Unregistered

From HCSO to considering TIA

Thank you in advance for any specific and useful information.

Resigned from HCSO. State certification is still active and wish not to lose it. Bilingual. Good track record.

Could anyone please provide me with any insight after applying.

FTO, Training, Pay, Overtime, Off duty?

How long before getting cut loose?

How are squads broken down?

lunch?

Also, what do typical calls for service consist of?

Only 7 years under belt.

Thank you.

Unregistered
    With the ongoing airport expansion are there any plans to hire more officers ??