Mod 1 question

Thread: Mod 1 question

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Mod 1 question

Mod 1 question

Subpoenas,

I know in 2008 you said Leoaffairs has never released identifying information on posters. Does this still hold true since it is now 8 years later. There are many administrator's and others that would love to get that information. Mostly because what is posted about them is damaging yet factual and embarrassing.
    So are the user's of this most needed website protected?

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctordien View Post
    Mod 1 question

Subpoenas,

I know in 2008 you said Leoaffairs has never released identifying information on posters. Does this still hold true since it is now 8 years later. There are many administrator's and others that would love to get that information. Mostly because what is posted about them is damaging yet factual and embarrassing.
    So are the user's of this most needed website protected?
    I have never turned over an IP address to anyone. I know Chip turned one over to FHP when a poster made a threat against a specific trooper. This was to protect the trooper.

Other than this, I have no first hand knowledge of any other IP addresses being turned over to anyone. I truly believe that if our posters post within the Terms of Use, they are completely safe. I have always said that posters should post within the Terms of Use in order to help protect themselves.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

It address

Question for you mod 1 have we ever turned over an IP address for something that was non criminal. The people at my agency are getting nervous about posting as they want to be able to post with security and faith that no one can try to find out who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 493 View Post
    Question for you mod 1 have we ever turned over an IP address for something that was non criminal. The people at my agency are getting nervous about posting as they want to be able to post with security and faith that no one can try to find out who they are.
    As I said in the post above, I have never released any IP addresses and have no first hand knowledge of any being released other than the one that made the threat against the FHP trooper.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use

Unregistered
    This is a lie, Chip. Tell them how you helped your friend Chief Deputy Michael Gauger try to entrap someone by trying to get them to admit to making a post because you couldn't get their real IP address as they were using a proxy server. Be honest Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a lie, Chip. Tell them how you helped your friend Chief Deputy Michael Gauger try to entrap someone by trying to get them to admit to making a post because you couldn't get their real IP address as they were using a proxy server. Be honest Chip.
    Chip has not been Mod 1 in over 14 years. He hasn't been affiliated LEO Affairs in over 3 years. I have no idea what you are talking about. How would Chip or anyone try to get someone to admit to making a post when they knew they were using a proxy server? Sounds kind of absurd to me.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use