ZPD Hiring

Thread: ZPD Hiring

Unregistered

ZPD Hiring

Hi, folks. I am currently attending an academy in south FL and I am looking to apply with ZPD in order to be closer to family. I have 2 years experience from a few years back, but I had to move out of State for some family health issues and my certification expired. I'm looking for an agency busy enough that I won't be bored, but quiet enough to be proactive. Interacting with the Community is important to me as well. My app is going in this week for the current advertisement for Patrol Officer and I was curious how long the hiring process typically takes and how many current and anticipated openings you've got. Lastly, how is the opportunity for overtime and off-duty details? After probation, I know we'd be looking to purchase a home and start a family, so any extra income would be a huge help. Thanks. Stay safe, all.

Unregistered
    You might want to check with the SO instead of ZPD. Very little OD and OT. If you work OT they will flex you every chance they get. Not much OD jobs and the ones that are here are about 3 hours on average. Micro managing is also a problem and all arrests have to be approved. You will be happier some place else.

Unregistered
    If you have two years of college and experience..... Tampa is hiring. They pay 3 times what we pay. Further they are not run by arrogant morons.

Unregistered
    Thank you. I also put in for the County, but I'm hearing they are getting a ton of applications since Live PD, which I personally find silly, but that's neither here nor there. Thanks again. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    I'd wait and try ZPD first, PSO is a circus. The department is a great place to work and has a lot more job security than PSO. The city is exploding and the department will be growing so now is the time to get in.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'd wait and try ZPD first, PSO is a circus. The department is a great place to work and has a lot more job security than PSO. The city is exploding and the department will be growing so now is the time to get in.
    Is this sarcasm????

Unregistered
    I'd wait and try PSO first, ZPD is a circus. The SHERIFFS OFFICE is a great place to work and has a lot more job security than ZPD. The COUNTY is exploding and the SHERIFFS OFFICE will be growing so now is the time to get in.

Unregistered
    I see what you did there.

Unregistered

Wink

Just fell out of my chair laughing, LMAO. ZPD stable and good place to work...stop it your killing me!